Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] CANADA DAY / 4TH OF JULY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy weekend you hooligans. July 1st is Canada Day, which I would have forgotten save @Nettdata 's post in the last WDT. Any Canadians on the board popping on their red and white maple leaf speedos at the beach or enjoying a parade?

[​IMG]

Monday is the 4th of course. We've got a houseguest driving in and I'll be cooking lots of food. We'll enjoy some sparklers in the yard and watch fireworks from the deck. 3 day weekend here we come!

Nothing says civic pride like a stripper in a flag themed bikini.

[​IMG]

I don't even know, but it caught my eye so now you have to see it too.

[​IMG]

Happy weekend y'all. Be safe with your booze/fireworks/boats/guns, and enjoy!

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have a 4 day weekend from work, and took all of next week off as well. Plan is to hang out for the weekend and look after my neighbour's pets while they head to the States to see family for the 4th, and my mom is heading off to Nova Scotia to see some friends. I'm upgrading the Airstream with much larger batteries (a couple of 300ah LiPO4's), and I have a new 40' telescoping pole to mount the Starlink to to help it get up and over the trees for better reception while camping. I'm 3d printing out a bunch of carbon fibre mounts, grommets, etc, and am fabricating a mounting brace that will slide into a receiver I'm welding to the tongue of the trailer. Power feeds, solar panel hookups, shore power charging setups, etc. Fun part should be cutting a hole in the Airstream so that the Starlink cable can pass through. Fun times.

Once that's all done, then I'll be heading out camping for the last part of the week.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2 of these beasts should do well.

D597FE7B-10AD-42FC-A709-8EA660D3EA26.jpeg

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My buddy's long distance girlfriend is down from Canada this weekend and the two of them are working on, ahem, international relations I'm sure. Something about the Canada Day/ Independence Day weekend and her visit cracks me up.

As for me, my plans aren't nearly as exciting. A buddy's retirement party tomorrow and then family stuff the rest of the weekend. I already told my wife I don't want to go to any fireworks, private or public. I'd rather hang out at home in the evening and watch TV for a change. At least as best I can, I'm still adjusting to these fucking bifocals.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am working today because i am a fucking whore. Can't so no to a triple time day(stat pay plus 8 double).

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I am just crossing my fingers that for the second year in a row, I won't have to spend this weekend in the ER. Last year it was me with a broken leg. This year it is my wife, with COVID that has barely improved. Good news is she's starting to at least be able to hold down some food and water today. Bad news is, it's been this way since last Thursday...

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Almost through with work and then date night with the wifey. Tomorrow some members of the "yacht club" (still sounds ridiculous saying it) are doing a boat parade. We might attend if we can bum a ride on one of the bigger boats, because cruising along at 9-10 mph in a ski boat is fucking b-o-r-i-n-g.

No plans Sun or Mon yet. Probably end up doing a little bbq and just enjoy not working for a few days.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The neighbourhood raised $4k for fireworks this year.

It was a hell of a show last night.

9F820805-C94A-45CE-B445-8BE25AB5B41B.jpeg 50A96557-C0D4-4961-A6F8-FF8EAF7EEC85.jpeg 0FF52557-20CE-4BE7-9CF7-374D9A70AF58.jpeg

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope your "drone pilot" was radioing "watch for flak and SAMs!"

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was the drone pilot, and my inner soundtrack was Danger Zone.

As it was I didn't want to get any closer for fear of being shot down, nor did I want to distract anyone watching the show. Or distracting those people setting things off. That last one has huge potential for badness.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

lol, I knew you were the pilot, ergo the quotes. I was assuming you were denied permission to do a flyby. "Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full."

12. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this drone took a few near misses, but the guy said the drone wasn't damaged when he did this. I'd wager a direct hit would probably send most drones out of control.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nett, did you look at any windmill setups for power for when you're boondocking?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

No. What I have done is get a high end dc-to-dc charger that is very high amperage so I can hook it up to my high amp alternator on the truck (600 amps) so that I can idle the big diesel a bit to charge at 250 amps (what the charger is rated for). Easier and more effective than the 30amps I’d get from my generator.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never thought of wind, as I figure it would require setup and teardown. Also thought that solar would do the heavy lifting in most cases.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sort of looked into it as an alternative to solar panels at my parents place. There's almost always a breeze blowing there and it looked like it would provide more power than solar would, however it does require more yearly maintenance than solar panels.

From what I gathered for portable systems, it would require some setup/teardown, but not significantly more. Maybe add an 30min to an hour at most to setup/teardown process of the RV site. I did see a few solar-windmill combos that looked interesting from a flexibility standpoint.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

wife is now on the mend. Fortunately no hospital, and looks like we'll be able to keep the week long RV "resort" reservation for the end of july. Campsite has full hookup, half a mile lazy river, is a short walk from the beach, and is located on a barrier island where I grew up sailing so I'll have a blast showing my boys around.

sadly missing this weekend at the lake, but given how last year went, I might be better off safe at home...

18. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This will be the first 4th of July that I am not stuck at work in more than 20 years. Once I'm out of here tonight I'm picking up my munchkins and we're celebrating fully for the next two days. It's all boats, pools, BBQ, and friends for the next two days.

Not having the munchkins on the days preceding the holiday did cause me to go into one of those 'single dad missing his kids' shopping sprees though and I have far more fireworks than is reasonable.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This weekend is the IMSA WeatherTech race at one of my favourite race tracks that just happens to be local... Mosport, now called the Canadian Tire Track.

I wish I was able to head up and watch the race, but just didn't work out this year.

Still, IMSA does a fantastic job of putting their shit up onto YouTube for free... kudos to them.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

For all the BBQ cheaters out there

333EA255-3337-408F-9E49-6D9345C04918.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.