Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] BOOCH DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I opted for a 30' Flying Cloud Bunk..

[​IMG]

Also looking at some land in Northern Ontario to make into a summer place to park it... basically a couple hundred acres on a lake that I'd put a pad, septic field, and big water/propane tanks on. Show up and park it for a month and enjoy the lake.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Land is so cheap up there. And more lakes than flies.

An airstream is a pipe dream, but we want one. They are the slickest of their kind. But for the time being I won’t be a choosing beggar over the brand or year, at least for now.

I mean, just look at that photo. That is as sleek as road travel gets. They’ve always kept the retro exterior stainless charm, and the interior looks like a movie star lives in it.

#22 Crown Royal, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Best value retention in the industry. Bar none. Not as many flashy features as some other cheaper brands, but I’m OK with that.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s also the only trailer you can keep in your driveway and it won’t piss off your neighbours. It classes up the joint.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well thank god HVAC is an essential service, because our water heater just went BZZZZZT and everything went cold. She popped. Wonderful timing.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boiled peanuts in the Instapot, pulled pork on the Egg, playoffs on the TV, cold beer in my hand and 70* temps in January. Happy Sunday idiots

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice.

I'm just finishing up some demo work in the home office... last of cutting up a shitty, but large/heavy, MDF set of desks/cabinets... slicing them up into bits on the table saw, then throwing it into the back of my truck for a dump run. Such fun.

I hate MDF because it's next to impossible to do any dust control with... and it reeks of death.

Time to grab a shower and go cook some dinner... no fancy pulled pork on the Egg like @GTE , but there are a couple of nice thick pork chops that have been brining in prep for a slow oven bake and a quick broil. That, all while I'm making some risotto while drinking some nice wine.

It's been a nice weekend where I finally feel like I'm getting some solid stuff done for a change.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The coolest thing about being Hispanic is how flamenco guitar plays furiously in the background whenever you speak.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I'd read somewhere that the Canadian government will gift you something like a section (160 acres) of remote land if you actually move on to the property and improve it for a number of years. Any truth to that? I wish to hell we still had the land to do something like that, I'd be all over it.

I finally decided to rid myself of some high dollar baseball cards while the market is still viable. I submitted about 40 of them to an auction house and with 2 days left in the auction they're already racked up over $6k in bids. I have about $2500 invested in them. Seems like I picked the perfect time to unload them, as of right now only one card is sitting below what I paid for it. A lot of them are at 3-4x what I paid...and all of these were bought in the past 2-5 years.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw something recently about the owner of Dope (some clothing company) paying around five million for a ‘52 Topps Mantle.
    Maybe he’ll help you out by encouraging more dopes to enter the memorabilia market.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'd seen that too and it warmed my heart that it came out while my cards were on the market. It was extremely helpful that it was on the business page. I may load up a bunch of my second tier cards for auction soon, these damned graded cards take up a lot of room when you've got thousands of them.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This morning,18yo told me something smelled weird in the pantry. I asked him if he checked the trash, he said he did but it didn’t seem to come from there.

cool.
    So I changed the trash and waited a few minutes then asked him to check again.

yes the smell was gone.

But I can’t smell anything yet so I needed the second opinion.

I miss my olfactory sense most of the time.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait did you get covid or this a cancer thing?

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got Covid. I was the last man standing and I miss smelling things.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell! Hope 2021 treats you way better.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you have any Magic the Gathering cards?
    FB_IMG_1611018836828.jpg

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tie me down to a spinal plank and waterboard me, there is NOTHING you can do that will convince me that anything about that makes sense.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Husband popped hot on the 23, both boys on the 26th, and then me and my dog downstairs, me running a constant Lysol hand wipe and disinfectant routine, but 5 year olds are 5 year olds, so they finally got me the 29.

It was not what I expected, I think, because none of us ever really coughed. Grateful for that, all things considered. The boys never lost their smell, The Husband lost smell but kept taste, but his smell is back generally now.

I get glimmers of scent randomly but overall I can’t smell anything. The burners and the fireplace have no odor, steaks, vegetables, tequila, I can’t smell them though I know what they’re supposed to smell like. And then randomly I’ll get a whiff in a tiny moment.

it’s weird and I hate it.

also my leg is still weird from it.

don’t get Covid. Social distance from your gross ass family. Do not recommend this experience.

Edit:
    The fatigue is different from anything I’ve felt as well. Anemia, exhausting, pregnancy, whatever. I’ve never felt so diminished physically.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Nope, I've always stuck with baseball because they're what I know.

I can tell you a bit about things graded PSA 10 though. It's all but impossible to get something graded a 10. Fresh out of the pack and untouched, you're probably still not going to get a 10. Case in point, a number of years ago I bought a dealer's stock when he went out of business. There were something like 13 unopened boxes that had untouched Cal Ripken Jr rookie cards. I carefully unboxed them and sent the Ripkens to PSA. I got 6 back graded PSA 9, 4 graded PSA 8, 2 graded PSA 7 and one sent back ungradable because it supposedly didn't meet size requirements.

Honestly, the whole grading thing is a scam, but it is what it is and right now if you're going to invest in cards, it's the only way to go.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have trapper-keepers filled with cards for baseball, hockey and football. I even own that ultra-unfortunate second year of Upper Deck baseball, still wrapped. I couldn't even sell it in a yard sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.