Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] BLACK FRIDAY 2019 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Same, only because youre at her mercy at the moment. Does anyone else not at your wedding have a key to your house or anything?

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In seven days I’ve managed to cut my blood pressure 17%+ on both the systolic and diastolic readings. I’m no longer considered hypertensive!

I did this thru more cardio, reducing salt, and my blood pressure smoothies I created- coconut water, pomegranate juice, berries, spinach, and chia seeds.

Overall this was a lot easier than I thought it’d be. Granted I used to lift weights competitively in college and am used to eating clean.

I’m amazed at sodium levels in foods I’ve eaten. I thought a Jimmy John’s sub was more healthy than not. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The old Italian I used to eat has more sodium than what’s recommended in an entire day.

I’m going to keep tinkering with my diet until I find a happy medium but I never expected these kind of results in one week.

3. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's awesome, Scotch!

Proactive is the way man, I am with you.

Add broccoli sprouts to the smoothie, get that sulforaphane. I sprout them cheap and easy, freeze them. Toss them in smoothies.

4. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a buddy that recently died from a heart attack. He was 45 years old.

A big muscle head that could practically lift a truck, but all that muscle mass took a toll on his heart. I was afraid of losing some of my strength and energy if I toned down, however, I’m much more afraid of going into cardiac arrest.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Old man rant- did you know that boneless wings have more than twice the sodium content as traditional. I imagine that’s due to processing but damn. Who knew.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's because they're four times as good. Boneless wings suck. Pain in the ass to eat, weird gristle pieces in there vs just plain white meat chunks with the same flavor.

What made you get your blood checked? (Not sure your apprx age)

Edit - Just saw you were talking about blood pressure, not actual blood work done.

7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would imagine that they have roughly twice the everything simply by virtue of not having bone and gristle taking up half their volume.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also because they are just chicken tenders.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im coming up on my 40th in two weeks. A friend had a heart attack who was in his late 40s and died last week.

Im exceptionally tall, 6’6”, and know the odds aren’t on my side.

I own a business in a fairly stressful industry. I’ve poured my life into the business and know it’s all for nothing if it ends up killing me. All I do is for my family.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The heart is a muscle, people forget that. You have to take care of your pump house just like you would anything else. It's only as good as how you treat it. And then you get the body builders that use gear (not saying your friend did) and enlarge their bodies to unnatural proportions and don't realize that their heart is being enlarged as well, and their loved ones are surprised when they die. Well, no shit.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great job getting your blood pressure under control.

The salt content in fast foods and prepared foods from the supermarket are crazy. A four piece chicken finger plate from Zaxby's has 150% of the daily recommended sodium. Unreal.

12. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good catch if the calories weren’t identical.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Was just talking with one of the trainers at the gym about which fast food would be best (or I guess least-bad) for you as a pre-workout meal.

We figured Whataburger and Chipotle have to be up there. I do a bacon cheese whataburger with jalapenos at least once a week and I felt that it's pretty solid, but then I just looked it up and the sodium and saturated fat makes me hate myself.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People forget (or never knew) that one of the primary reasons restaurant food tastes so much richer than what you make at home is because they load it up with butter and salt. And it's even worse for high-volume chain places where ingredients come in bulk and require preserving.

It's easy to draw a mental comparison to what you make at home, but the calories don't match when you eat out. Your food eating out is going to regularly have double the sodium and at least a third more calories than how you'd prepare it at home. And more complex dishes that aren't just beef on a bun? Especially stuff with sauces? Especially creamy sauces? Double whatever you think it is. Assume you're eating a stick of butter.

Eating healthy at chain restaurants really requires you to know or look up the actual nutritional information of what you're eating.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The Tassimo is the Sega Master System of coffee makers. You THOUGHT you were getting one as good as the top-seller but noooooope.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the salt raising your blood pressure was debunked as a food industry funded research conspiracy?

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would fast food fund that research? It’d be shooting themselves in the foot.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Parts of the industry will cannibalize the others. I think it was the grain industry that help fund studies in the 60-70s that found fat to be the cause of cholesterol levels and grains were thus heart healthy because they’re low in fat. It’s how we got 12 servings of carbohydrates on the food pyramid or other forms of nutrients.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're healthy and don't have hypertension salt has a small affect on your blood pressure. If you have hypertension or are in poor health it pays to watch how much you consume.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Go figure with the roomba talk, unbeknownst to me my wife went out (went to amazon) and got a new roomba. The Roomba 675. Her rationale was that our existing one is getting older -- it's about 5.5 years old, of damn year every day use -- so it's gonna break at some point, and she's gonna put it in the home office, which is down one step it can't traverse, and dedicate the new one for the rest of the house which doesn't have any steps.

At $200 -- Amazon has sales right now -- I have no complaints. I think the original was twice that. Worth every fucking penny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.