Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] BLACK FRIDAY 2019 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Let me guess: he used to be in the cast of “Different Strokes”?

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Being ignorant isn't the same as being racist. It has gotten really weird how people think every little thing that annoys them is "racist".

Also, anyone who gets THAT annoyed that someone incorrectly identified their ehtnicity is probably the person with the problem. I don't care how stupid the person is for not knowing. Move the fuck on with your life and forget about it. Jesus.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went on a cruise one time. Everyone that I met on the boat pretended like the staff were supposed to be slaves. It was at that point that I realized I was not a cruise person.

skiing is the only touristy vacation I enjoy.

4. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You know that's how they're packed. I know that's how they're packed. My question is, who exactly is fisherdude informing that this is how the foods are packed?

I suspect he ran out of content for his full television slot and that is what he came up with. After the snack instructional there were "outtakes" which were mostly bad shots of him and his friends saying things that could not be deciphered from the footage while laughing and reeling in a fish.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We close on our house Friday and I've been tasked with establishing utilities.

There are SO MANY electric plans here holy crap.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shocking.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If cruises are not tools of Lucifer belched from the bowels of Hell, then explain why Disney has them.

I now see 95% of those boats as glorified floating septic tanks. Once people starting telling me about the trough feedings and “surprise bar tabs” I decided to never EVER go near one.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a lot of cheap cruises out there. I’ve seen them as cheap as $50 a day. Now go look at a hotel/motel that charges $50 a day.

I bet if the clientele could rent the cruise room by the hour, they would.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've been on a few cruises, mostly the older, smaller, less party-themed Holland America lines. Alaska a couple times, etc. Thought it was great. Great service, great food, more of a sit down and have a relaxing meal without having to get dressed up scene, no Spring Break drunk fest vibe.

I think if you go on Carnival or some other party line, it's like the summer blockbuster action movie... it's shit, but you get exactly what you signed up for.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Wife and I did a cruise in Alaska for our honeymoon, best vacation I've ever had. We've done well over a dozen cruises so far, in my opinion you have to know what you're getting into and be selective about the ship, the itinerary, where your eat around the ship, what you do at the stops etc. Cruises can be phenomenal, or they can be complete shit, literally: one of my co-workers was on the infamous poop cruise where the power went out and the toilets overflowed, and CNN showed several of the pictures she sent me.

Cruises are like anything though: gotta do your research. If you think you're just gonna book a room and eat at the buffet then you're in for a bad time and really missing out on the opportunities cruises provide.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cool. I was looking at that one, but ended up going with the 5150 off of Amazon (for a little over $300 shipped), because it was recommended for houses with pets.
    It just came in today, by the way.

I'd like to take it out right now and set it up, but I'm waiting for Jungle Julia to open it; I want to see the surprise and joy in her eyes after wanting one for so long.
    Plus, I'm sure to get a BJ out of it.

14. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been on two cruises, Carnival and Disney.

Disney was a little nicer- upgraded furniture and fixtures. But they also charged 3x what Carnival charges.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Carnival is horseshit. Don't judge cruises by carnival. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are both awesome (I've also heard great things about Holland America).

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I’m in Mexico this week for my wedding. For dog sitting services when we go out of town, we typically use our personal trainer who pet sits as a side gig. We discussed the arrangement with her months in advance and even told her our flight time.(730 am meaning we had the dog locked up since 5 am).

I texted her a couple of hours ago to see how the animals are doing and she still hasn’t gotten to the house yet. So the dog has been locked up going on 15 hours now and I’m fucking pissed. Wifey doesn’t want me to be stressed about this but I’m considering firing her for everything we use her for. Am I overreacting?

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No you're not overreacting. She's shown you who she is so believe her. I would never hire her again, at least with pet sitting. How often will she be showing up after she gets there? Do you have a camera to verify she stops by at some point? I would be searching for a backup right now but I also hate leaving my pets with others and would be looking for an escape route on this situation.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She will be there daily and staying overnight. Otto needs a good bit of attention. Backups at this point in the game are tough to come by and I don’t trust many people to stay at my home. She’s not a bad person. She’s just one of those types who always has lots of drama. Otto is an easy dog to care for, but that sort of careless neglect makes me irrationally angry.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'd say be wary of overreacting when you're so far away with few options... carefully assess the situation, and if you think your dog is in danger, then do something to fix it. Otherwise, go with it, and handle it when you get home (as in never use her again).

If she's full of drama, the last thing you want is her to lose her shit while having access to your dog and house.

And, as impossible as it sounds, if you do assess the situation and find that it's just upsetting, not dangerous, try to put it out of your mind and have a great time.

$0.02 CDN

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And try not to let on that you're pissed... it's easy to do, and gains you NOTHING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.