Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] BLACK FRIDAY 2019 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! I hope every one of you had a safe and enjoyable day, even if that means you were away from family to fully enjoy your day.

Anyone running out for black Friday deals? Luckily there are sales that run for weeks these days so going out in the middle of the night isn't really neccessary. Plus the models they sell on Black Friday for cheap are usually cheaper made or missing a feature. There's a TV we might spring for on sale online but I am not totally convinced yet.

And for those of you working retail today..... sorry. Any plus side to the situation?

It's Friday, get it!

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I can’t remember the last time I bought anything on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Anyone here take advantage of the sales? If so, what do you buy?

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’ll willingly get a black eye at a Pantera concert because you sign up for that. I will NOT do it for a $10 DVD player.

I don’t get it. No matter how retarded the crowds are, no matter how much sensible people shame them, they still line up at 4am like stone-cold simps.

They should call it Anti-Dignity Day.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

If you do it online, it’s great. Fuck if I’m going to one of those places in person though.

And I got tools. Tools tools tools. My step father and father in law are both extremely difficult to shop for, and that’s the beauty of these discounts — you can grab things that otherwise would have been out of your budget, it highlights things you didn’t know existed, and as the biggest bonus with the savings I can justify buying one for myself.

plus we’re going skiing in January and all my snow stuff no longer fits, so I got a nice new jacket for about 40% off, a pair of rock solid goggles for under $20, and a battery-powered jump starter for my 6.7L diesel for $110.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And most of the electronics that are on sale for black friday aren't normal tv's, they will have less functions and less hdmi ports and so on. They are made cheap to sell cheap on days like these.

I try and look for tool sales either today or monday just to see what is out there. but i normally don't buy anything.

6. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I bought a roomba this year. Online for $300, regular $400.

With 3 furry monsters (5 if you count me and my wife) in my house, it'll be a lifesaver.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I find that a lot of the tech/electronics deals on Black Friday is lower quality stuff specifically made for Black Friday deals, especially a lot of stuff that Amazon and Best Buy list in their ads.

I used to buy video games/Blu-Rays. I’d go in the week before and find the items that would be in the sale, stash them in a large appliance on the floor and go in the middle of the day on Black Friday, get my stuff and check out, stress free.

8. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, I've never gone out for Black Friday "deals" and I never will. Most of my shopping is done online anymore, and if it costs me a few extra bucks, so be it. Small price for not having to deal with all the stupid people out there.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

One thing I’ll never get is when you into a Best Buy or pass by an Apple Store, there is always tons of people testing out the display iPhones or iPads. Smart phones have been out for over 10 years and the UI has barely changed. What exactly are they trying out?

10. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The day after Thanksgiving is traditionally the opening day of Duck season in Mississippi which is where my uncle's camp is located (Foster Lake, by Lake Mary) so that was my normal destination for today.
    My wife and the stepkids would partake in that madness of going shopping - and you wouldn't believe the amount of people on the roads @ 4 AM headed out to go shopping while I'm headed further out towards "the country." The next day and the day after that the roads would be almost empty.

This year the wife and I decided on a low-key holiday. No visitors and day drinking during the day, a few friends and food to watch the Saints game last night. Today, more of the same with a couple of the kids coming to visit tonight for a lasagna dinner.

So far, it's been completely relaxing and all we had hoped it to be.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They’re fucking animals. It’s like they made The Purge into a reality TV show.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They are using the internet and playing games for free in a place that has heat. Walk by the store in three hours, they will still be there.

....if it’s the Apple store however, they could also be waiting for three hours for the privilege of speaking face to face with a “Genius”.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did black Friday once and decided I was never going to do it again. Fuck that shit. I went in Minneapolis a few years ago and the walmart supercenter and best buy we hit had lines that went around the entire perimeter of the store and then some. Honestly not exagerrating. I've heard from others that not everywhere is like that, but whatever, I don't care if it's a fraction that bad. Never again. My friend did get a 65 inch 4k tv for $235 though and it wasn't some made in China break in a month piece of shit either. That's a pretty good deal.

Honestly, a lot of the functions on next gen cell phones, tvs, and stuff like that is just trivial bullshit to me. Even with stuff I use like HDMI ports, what are you really losing if you have 2 instead of 4? Occasionally there are tech updates that actually do matter, but let's be real, 95% of the time it's just the company deciding they want to rake in their next haul. Admittedly though, there's way more crap on these things than I would ever use.

I don't get people who shell out a grand every pop (or whatever it costs now)for things like a new iphone every time apple tells them to give them more money, errrr upgades the phone.

14. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where did you get it for that price?
    I'm planning to buy one.

In other news, I just went to Walmart this Black Friday; what can I say?
    I needed some oil and a filter for my truck.

15. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Could it not wait a day? That sounds like you want to get run over.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Took you 2 hours didn’t it?

I would pay upwards of $1000 for our roomba. It’s that invaluable to us. We’ve had it since my 5 year old was born and if it dies tomorrow I’d buy a new one on amazon without looking at the price. Worth every fucking penny.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Until the time one of your furry monsters shits on the carpet and the roomba drags it around for hour.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

what the actual fuck? They don’t pay those retail workers enough to deal with that.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s just stuff. Starving people wouldn’t fight over the last loaf of bread with that ferocity. This is warfare over shit people don’t need; being purchased by people who should be spending on more important things.

How hard do billionaires laugh when they watch a video like that? As they light their cigar with a $100 bill that only blows its smoke in the faces of poor people.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

meanwhile I bought my father and step father’s Xmas gifts, around $100 in tools each after discounts but normally well north of $300, all from my phone while lying in bed this morning and watching the Hawaiian sunrise. God I fucking love amazon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.