Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] BACK TO THE GRIND [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 5, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm on day 4 of diarrhea. Happy New year! Is everyone back to the grindstone or were you able to take an extended holiday break?

I am over here supervising a Lego build. I know the instructions are meant to be easy to follow, but I'm shocked at how well my kid can do it with some minimal hand holding.

Who has a New Year's resolution? Care to share?
    Here is a list of the top ones.

Screenshot_20240105-110118.png

Happy Friday!

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Humans are the only known species to cry emotional tears. While other species produce tears to keep their eyes lubricated, humans are the only ones known to produce them in response to emotions such as happiness, sadness, pain, their wife got pregnant etc.

There, you learned something new. Resolution complete.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for ya.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm going to try to stop being so empathetic.

I am also sick as shit this week. Horrific cold.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought that was your list for a second. I was gonna say, that quit smoking AND lose weight is going to be a mofo.

ETA: I forgot to do my list.

1. See more titties.
    2. Don't have a brain tumor.
    3. Get back on my running schedule.

6. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm gunning for a six pack this year. We'll see how close I get.

In other news, I didn't want to ruin my fancy new skis on the current thin conditions (lurking rocks can gouge the bottoms) so I went on craigslist to find a dirt cheap pair that I could beat up and not care. Spent $100 for a pair with bindings, came home, googled them, and found out that, in their current condition, they're worth $800. They might actually be nicer than my new skis they were meant to protect. Took them out today and they carve like butter.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Reminds me of how I went thrift shopping specifically for pots to use for soaping. The one I found and primarily use now is way nicer than the pot I've cooked a thousand meals in.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh, jealous. Have fun!

I had a pair of K2 skis years ago with segmented edges. They were supposed to carve easier or something, but I hit some rocks on thin snow and it took a whole segment of edge out. K2 replaced them free, but still, I was like, didn't y'all test these first?!

9. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There's dozens at your nearest convenience store.

10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My resolution is to deal with my anger issues that developed after jägerette miscarried at 10.5 weeks. Just a general anger at the world that will quickly boil over to a seeting rage. It has all been internal, but I have been worried about it coming to the surface at some point.

In other news I have found that even after more than a decade living here I am still set in an American mindset. Turns out Jägerettes new car is 13cm too long for the garage. I knew our garage was on the smaller side but I just assumed it would fit any old car like an American garage. I didn’t think about how back when our house was build cars in Europe were all tiny Fiat things.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had resolved to be on time more (specifically just for hunting). Blew that resolution 5 hours into the new year.

Need to get my arm fixed up so I can lift at the gym again. A hold over from last year. Need to lose the holiday weight by not stopping at Kroger for Reese’s eggs. Need to find a new job and a new girlfriend.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Barely a week into training for the London marathon and I’m down 5 lbs. My New Year’s resolution was to cut a bit of extra weight to make training easier, but I forgot that I chose a much higher-mileage training plan so that part might actually be baked in.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just going to be more of an aggressive asshole to people who slight me. I have reached get off my lawn stage in life and am embracing it whole heartedly. Shit I almost died a year ago, who cares if I hurt someone's feelings?

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know resolutions don't have to be about bettering yourself, right? They can also be for things like revenge...

15. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Or they can be for nothing at all, like Congressional Resolutions.

16. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine are about as American as they come. Lose some weight.
    When I turned 40, I worked out ~4 times a week, weighed just under 200lbs and almost had visible abs. Then we bought a house with a pool and the parties started. Then I got my own business, started working 60+ hours a week, skipping the gym and imbibing in a lot of heavy beers. My weight topped out at 229lbs but I also lost a lot of muscle so probably gained 40lbs+ of fat. I started hitting the gym again in mid 2023 and got down to 213. Then the holidays hit, weather turned shitty and went back up to 220

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Day 5 of the D!

This will surely help with the New Year's weight loss.

For me, it's not so much a resolution but kind of a loose plan. I'm dialing in on favorite soap recipes, learning how to make them attractive, and trying to sell them. I plan to attend farmers markets and craft fairs.

Hubs also has job prospects to consider. We might move. We have lots of potential changes coming up the pipe of 2024.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You should really seek medical attention at this point, if you haven’t already.

Just sayin…. people actually die from bad D.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cosign. Please go to the doctor. Diverticulitis and things like that are real diseases.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Years ago on this board, a girl claiming five days of D would've had a totally different meaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.