Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] AREA 51 DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Oh, he's out of here all right. I'm still not quite clear on what the hell happened, mainly because I don't care. I do my best to steer clear of all the bullshit and pettiness that goes on.

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was disturbing.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What was? That you realized you have to breathe the same air as that monglotard?

They shoot horses, but allow people like this to exist. People who are just useless.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That person's vote counts the same as yours. Now THAT'S disturbing.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m only taking a wild stab in the dark here, but I have feeling legislation in your country prevents his type from voting. My ass somebody that willingly dumb has a clean record. He’s the type to steal a bait car just to get on Youtube.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You ever have one of those things where you're trying to remember something, and it leads to something else? And since the internet has all knowledge, you can just Google something, and you spend 15 minutes going down the rabbit hole, but you come away with a really interesting factoid?

The Stranger Things 3 soundtrack includes Madonna's Material Girl
    >
    I remember really liking that video when I was in high school and thought Madonna was hot
    >
    I looked up the video today and forgot it had the little intro with Robert Wuhl and . . . who is that guy? He looks familiar.
    >
    That guy is Keith Carradine, who among other things was Wild Bill Hickok in Deadwood.
    >
    Did you know that he won an Oscar for Best Original Song, writing "I'm Easy" for Nashville (1975), when he was 19?

I did not know that. Also, had Nashville been released the next year, "I'm Easy would have been competing with Bill Conti's "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky, which lost to "Evergreen" from the Kristofferson/Streisand version of A Star Is Born.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, Altman was peculiar and made every actor both write AND sing their own music for “Nashville” so it would sound more personal, a gamble that paid off. Carridine’s was easily the best song AND scene in the movie, it’s a great tune. The opening scene of the movie was shot in a whim while the crew was actually stuck in traffic.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

New favorite prank:

Our shower head is one of those hand-held ones that you can also turn around. And it's high pressure. So a few days ago, I turned it to face the shower door. When my wife turned on the water, bam, high pressure blast of water right to the face.

A lot more water than I expected, she was completely drenched. Absolutely hilarious (for me). That was like on Friday I think. So on Sunday, I get back from the gym in the early morning, figure no way she won't notice it like that all day but why not try. Gets in the shower that night, water to the face again.

Today we were laughing with some co-workers about it (my wife and I work together). One of them tells her in front of me that she bets I do it again. I say I have to give it a few days because my wife is suspicious. I waited approximately 8 hours.

Guess who just walked into the living room looking like a drowned rat?

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tony Randall?

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the foreman are fucking idiots, we have a UT(utilities) for the shop that is our clean up guy. Well he is fucking useless and doesn't clean up our departments stuff. So our foremen went off saying it is our job now. So i just spent 45 minutes cleaning up cardboard that he hasn't. Very efficient use of my time.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can one of you smart people explain why getting your credit checked negatively impacts your credit score?
    All they're doing is LOOKING at your score; they haven't actually messed with any money or anything.

Backstory: I'm going to try to get a mortgage soon, and my credit scores are in the high 600s/ low 700s.
    I was thinking about boosting that with a credit card, but if I don't get approved, then I just took a hit with no way of improving it.

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The idea is that someone who asks for credit is less creditworthy than someone who hasn't needed to ask before, and that someone who asks for credit for the fifth time in a month was probably turned down the first four times. The hit you take for a credit check is pretty small unless you have a lot of them in a short time. A new credit card is probably going to be a net negative for your credit in the short term, as most creditors do not like credit cards unless you've had them a long time and have a really low balance. If you're in the 700s, your annual income is probably going to start to be the more important factor for a mortgage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.