Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ARBOR DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Happy Arbor day! Go plant a tree. This year I have planted 2 peach trees so I've done my part for the year.

upload_2023-4-28_17-36-29.png

Honestly, I was trying to find people having sex IN a tree.

It is also National Historical Marker Day. In middle school, our history/geography teacher assigned a project that required all students to visit and have a picture taken in front of 3 historical markers. One marker I turned in was the Ellicott stone, which was conveniently located along a route we used to frequent.

Anyway. Happy day to you all. I'm over here sweating my ass off. 82F, full blasting sun. Bye spring, hello summer.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Uh so somehow I got roped into a Christian concert for kids. I should have known. I'm sitting here waiting for it to start, kicking myself. There were too many clues. But now my kid is excited to be here and our storytime friend saw us here. It will be tough sneaking out with my 6'9" tall husband. F.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Almost freezing and raining out here. Again. Had a nice day or 3 this week where it was pure Spring... but now we're in for a few days of shit again.

It's barely staying above freezing overnight right now, but I'm still picking up the Airstream from winter storage tomorrow to prep it for the upcoming trip.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We had a solid month of 60s high/upper 30s-low 40s with nighttime rains and overcast skies and then BAM. Clouds are gone, heat is here. I had to turn on the underground sprinklers today because I can already see stuff getting scorched.

Enjoy your travels! Hopefully it doesn't make for dangerous driving.

5. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just randomly scream "this guy hates Jews! I never!" and storm out. No one will question it.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Next time bring along a drag queen. The event will wrap up in no time.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just tell them that your 6'9" hubby is in the middle of transitioning and you don't appreciate the judgment.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weather talk: I just got an alert on my phone to expect 80 mph winds soon; there is currently thunder and lightning, but no rain. Accuweather radar shows a band of really heavy rain going over the county, due to hit me in about twenty minutes, but it will also be over soon.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Damn. Be careful and take cover. That's crazy wind speeds.

Our car said temps reported 87F when we got out last night. Today's high is 92. What the actual fuck.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yesterday we went to the oldest winery in California. We had a reservation for their quick bar tasting of their cheaper wines, just a little after-lunch stop on the way home. I like wine, know a little, but am not a Wine Person.

The guy who served us introduced himself, poured a couple of their older reserves, starts telling us the entire history of the winery - deep, detailed information. Asks if we want to go for a walk. Grabs another old reserve for the walk. Takes us through the entire property - he's an absolute fountain of knowledge, knows every little bit of trivia, their entire ownership history, random stories. We explore the old wine caves, some of their event spaces, he's still pouring their best wines for us.

I finally told him I refused to believe everyone knew as much as he did, so what's the deal? Turns out he was the longest tenured employee there, he wanted to get out from behind the computer, and we were nice to him so he thought he'd give us a special tour. A $25, 30 minute bar tasting turned into a 2.5 hour tour of the property and a sampling of their best wines. Incredible experience.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What an amazing experience! And all for the price of being chill nice people.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We are going from a string of low 90's to 60's and rain.

I'll take the 90's

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just ran my 10k race. I did not get injured, which was my only real goal, so it was a success. Finished in 1:01:34.

Had a lot left in the tank though after the race. Time do some half marathon stuff I guess.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've ran one 10k race ~12 years ago. This was back in my lifting days and apparently 230lbs isn't kind on the knees as they were shot. Around mile 3 I knew running wasn't for me. I ran out of fumes around mile 5 and only finished because I wasn't going to quit in front of everyone. I hated every one hour and six minutes of it.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yeah the heavier you are, the more it sucks.

I'm not specifically trying to drop weight as far as looking at the scale every day, since I'm losing "bad" weight in a hurry around my dad bod and gaining leg muscle at about the same rate. However, I'm still hovering around 180-183 and would like to be around 165 by the marathon just due to the forces on the knee like that Harvard Health article states. You can mitigate risk with muscle and training, but the forces are still present. Physics and nature are undefeated.

It normally takes me about 2-3 miles to get warmed up and into the swing of things -- that first mile ALWAYS sucks -- so if you felt like dropping after the first 5k you either took it too fast or didn't give yourself enough time.

Part of me is kinda pissed because I left so much in the tank, but I'm training for a marathon not a 10k. I was just out there chilling this morning. For a 5k you basically rip off that first mile then hang on for dear life for the second two. It's more of a sprint distance. For a 10k you're more going at a pace that's sustainable, but is supposed to feel uncomfortably fast. I.... did not do that. Still negative split that fucker, but I was "talking pace" the entire way. What can you do. I'll look for a half marathon and see if I can push it before I start my training block in august.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any of you ever mess around with the nitro powered RC cars? Some gave my kid a used one. So far, they seem like an unreliable money pit.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to tech school with some guys who were into that; I didn't get why guys in their twenties would be into that stuff when you could modify a real car that you could actually drive and get pussy in.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure those things are fast enough to chase cats with

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm not liking this ICE powered, traxxas crap. We've already broke it twice. Would not recommend, get an electric one.

I do like RC flying, and I have two RC sailboats that wife and I will race each other.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I finally found the chains to the hammock. Ahhh bliss.

IMG_20230501_163605_(1800_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.