Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] APRIL SHOWERS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Was just having a discussion with a friend about the really bad COVID situation in India, where they're running out of O2, and people are dying at insane and depressing rates.

Am I the only one not really surprised by this?

I mean, it was just recently where UNICEF did a PR campaign to try and get people over there to not shit in public... the campaign was called "take the poo to the loo".

It even had an official video:

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

x2

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm just over here eating a mousse pie, thinking about my full immunity status on Thursday, and planning on a Goodwill trip Saturday. Ahhhhh

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That all came about when the government started installing modern toilets in rural areas. The folks were scared to death of them because they'd somehow convinced themselves that there's such a thing as "Toilet Witches" who live in toilets.

6. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

If you're a "toast guy", or eat toast once a day, you should definitely buy a toaster like this one. Immaculate engineering, perfect toasts, and at just once a day, it's about $1/day. It'll last for a very long time, so you'll eventually get to $0.10/day or whatever. Sure, $0.10/day after the first year is 1/10 the cost, but you're eating sadness.

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well now I’m just retrospectively sad I didn’t have one of these magical appliances through my first trimester when I was basically subsisting on toast.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A country the size of Ontario with as many people as China living in it. What could go wrong.

Hell, OUR country has way too many people, and we have 100 square miles per citizen.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In case you’re like me and didn’t care the Oscars were last night. Anthony Hopkins and Frances McDormand won the best actor awards, and some movies you never fucking heard of won everything else because nobody cared.

“Nomadland” won best picture. It made ten times less money than “Moonlight”, and was even MORE shoehorned in to win.

#69 Crown Royal, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Didn’t even know they were on. Who watches award shows anyway? I get that in 1965 there was nothing else on TV, but with endless options, why watch a 3-hour celebrity circle-jerk?

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My mother-in-law, for one. Unless that was a rhetorical question. If it were, I would then say silly people, like my mother-in-law, that have legitimate mental health deficiencies.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I used to watch the Oscars. I stopped after they stopped giving awards to the movies that deserved them. “Parasite” was that one rare occasion where the movie that truly deserved to win actually won best picture.

Also, movies mostly suck now. When you look at the past 50 years, and look at the never-ending laundry list of incredible films the 1970’s and 80’s produced, there’s rarely a movie worth spending money on nowadays.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched nomadland on Hulu the other night because it was there. It was nicely shot, but Jesus, how is it even a movie? When is the last time a real movie won an award for something?

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read a headline this morning that actually said “Anthony Hopkins snubs Chadwick Boseman” as if Sir Anthony was literally like “fuck that guy, I’m taking his award.”

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Parasite.

And from that same year, I absolutely loved every minute Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, which also deserved (and won) awards. Three Billboards was also exceptional but was snubbed for best picture.

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I killed a brown recluse in my laundry room. Not just a harmless brown spider that my wife often mistakes for a brown recluse, the real deal.

Time to do my pest control treatment again. I've had good luck with that spray in the blue bottle you hook to the hose. This is the first bug I've seen in the house, with the exception of an occasional fly, since I started using the stuff.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh. Five years living with them in the last place, I’ve lost my fear.

18. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never like seeing one of the centipedes that live in my house, but I do force myself to leave them be so long as they aren't somewhere that they really shouldn't be. I know intellectually that they're better to have around than the things they eat, but there's still that back part of my brain that freaks out at the piece of lint with fangs and dozens of legs that scurries away as soon as I get too close.

19. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...ys2Ab8g5aGMbBoH9Gb4aAqGUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think I posted a recommendation for this stuff in the past. It works. It works damn good, guys. I just sprayed my foundation and a couple feet of ground next to it. I didn't see a bug for a long time.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Funny timing. I was just down for a nap, opened my eyes, and a spider was creeping past a few inches away from my eyes. Just a bold jumping spider so no big deal but I still flicked that sumbitch far away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.