Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 8/23 EAT A WAFFLE [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

So this happened in NYC (warning: if you don’t like elevators, you really won’t like this)

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s just plain fucking awful. Why does anybody feel the need to throw footage like that around? Every day it’s the next Faces Of Death starring whichever poor sucker crosses fate’s path.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kroger had pork sirloin roasts for $0.99/lb, so I'm spending the evening dicing a bunch up for stir fry and stew meat.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I’m out for a week or so kids, see you on the flip side.

[​IMG]

“Sabrina don’t just stare at it, eat it.”

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? Is that not how you drink champagne?

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What happened?

The video has been taken down.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would have been kinda sexy, but then she keeps licking the bottle, and it just becomes weird.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Elevator opened on like the 2nd or 3rd floor, dude gets out. The guy behind him starts to walk out too when the elevator breaks fail and it falls. He has like half his body out, and the elevator basically folds him in half as it crushes him, killing him instantly.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gee, I wonder why they took it down?

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shit like that should never be up in the first place. I hope they fire the asshole who gave it to the NY Post.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When that shooting in New Zealand happened I had multiple people showing me the video on their phone. Purely the fascination with seeing real people get murdered. I'm not a squeamish person, but people getting killed shouldn't be passed around for entertainment. Not jumping on you ROTN, I'm just saying.

12. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like there are easier ways to drown a hooker.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah. I’m not a fan of sharing that stuff. I don’t want to see that stuff in the first place.

The only exception is for idiots reaping karma, like someone trying to hunt a lion who loses, etc.

Some poor guy just living his life? I feel bad for him and his family.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I figured since it was in the news, and with a warning people could decide if it was for them or not. My wife never knew elevators had to be inspected and repaired by someone certified. That video scared the shit out of her (she asked to see it) and now she knows. The existence and viewing of the video doesn't change what happened, but it might change behavior.

Similarly, I do think videos like the NZ shooter should be seen, so that people understand what terrorism really looks like and so that it compels people and governments to fight it. When there's video, it's an emotional dick punch and it drives the point home that shit needs to be done. Ray Rice hit his fiance and no one did shit. Then the video surfaced, everyone saw what domestic violence looks like, and his NFL career was basically over. Horrible things can be explained and no one cares. But when you see horrible things, you take steps to make sure that never happens again.

That being said, yeah, I probably should have put that elevator video in spoiler tags. Or just not posted it.

You mean like this? (not hunting a lion, but, well, you take two idiots dressed in a zebra costume and put them in lion territory....)

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You don't need to see the video in order to get the message...

Not a big deal, just a personal preference. I chose not to click on the video when you posted it because I'd already seen it discussed online... I guess you could say I'm just not down with the whole "watch them die" morbid fascination.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Unless it's a new Star Wars show with some dude getting cut the fuck in half by an iris door... then I'll be replaying that shit frame-by-frame.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s my one beef. WHY do people want to witness the actual death of somebody? Like those grotesque terrorist execution videos: I remember guys at my work discussing them like they’re Herzog films.

I’ve been a horror movie fan since I was six years old. I love documentaries and studies on serial killers (Charles Sobhraj crushed it). I have a massive Halloween display that terrifies people. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing a human being lose their life, especially in such awful matters.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Florida about to get fucked by a hurricane. My parents, who live on the west coast, were fortunately able to find a flight back to Texas. But the whole east coast is about to experience some serious shit. Anyone who lives down there, brace yo'selves!

Also find it funny that they're officially recommending people order water and other essentials via amazon to avoid the lines at the grocery store.

19. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's no matter. There is no water, propane or gas to be had locally. Amazon may be the right answer.

Looking rather ugly here. I manage a site on the East coast and live about 30 miles inland. People are afraid; they should be. The site is expecting 8' of surge, depending on tides, that may be the minimum. Inland, at home, I am trying out the Kevlar window covers for the first time since the install after Irma. This storm definitely has a different feel than Irma or Mathew, while more powerful, I think flooding is going to be the main culprit.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

You SCUBA certified?

If not, now would be a good time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.