Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT 8/2/13

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The service gets shittier and shittier every time that I go to Waffle House. I like most of their breakfast food just fine (their lunch/dinner food isn't very good) but I tend not to go there because of the service.

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I came off leave to discover one of my subordinates had faced remedial action for something I don't even consider worthy of a verbal reprimand. I discovered this because my subordinate came and told me; after a while I realized that nobody else had so much as sent me an e-mail about it. The action had taken place the day before I came back.

This is bullshit.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, we Canadians just love your country. Aside the murderous wildlife straight out of Avatar, lots of Canadians vacation there and simply don't want to leave. My friend Mark went for a three week vacation there back in 1999 and didn't return for ten months. Why? "I didn't want to come home anymore. It's better there."

Buy the way mullets aren't a "thing" here. Hockey-Hair differs from a Mullet. Mullet is a "10-90": 10% length up front, 90% party length in the back. With Hockey Hair, your bangs are longer, more like an old-school "skater" cut. And mullets are worn by two people: People who refuse to et the best time of their life go (1988) ,and hipster attention whores trying to stand out.

If you want rugby, here com dee train:

#103 Crown Royal, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Luckily we don't see these too often. When you do your bowels and bladder let go, though. A terrifying mess.

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

... you've clearly never been to Oshawa.

[​IMG]

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They changed their sign slogan, those jerks. It used to say "You missed the exit for Ajax!"

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The implication being that amazement will come after you leave Oshawa.

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My buddies and I almost got shot at a Waffle House here in Naples. My friend Pat and I had managed to get his truck stuck in the mud out at a place called "Bad Luck Prairie"(go figure), so we called some more friends to come and drag us out. We had been out there shooting and when we got bored with that we decided to do a little exploring. Read: We got stuck door deep in fucking mud. The one condition we had to meet for them to come get us was that we had to take them to Waffle House. Well, we arrive at the Waffle House and proceed to order our food. Now I'm the only one sitting and facing out the window overlooking the parking lot. Well I see this drunk redneck, who only minutes before had been sitting at the counter, wandering around in the parking lot and arguing(yelling at) the employees of the Checkers right next door.

Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar, Checkers employs a lot of minorities and, well, Waffle House is full of ignorant rednecks. A match made in heaven. Anyway, I see this guy head over to his car and he leans in and pulls out some kind of hand cannon and starts waving it around which, in turn, has the Checkers employees and patrons running for cover. Now what I wanted to say was "Hey guys, holy shit! There's a guy waving a gun around in the parking lot." What came out of my mouth was "gun, Gun, GUN!" My friends turn around to see what's going on and realize that their trucks are right in the line of fire between the idiot and everyone at Checkers so they get up and we all head out side. My friend Pat hands me the keys to his truck to move it but then he and one of the guys who came to get us reach in to the back and pull out a couple of shotguns. They proceed to tell the redneck that we don't want any trouble but to not start any shit until we get the trucks moved. We move the trucks to the other side of the parking lot and the guys put the shotguns back and we head back inside the Waffle House.

About two or three minutes later (felt like an eternity), the cops show up, diffuse the situation and arrest the redneck. Then they came in to get our statements because someone had told them about the shotguns. We all got a little bit of tongue lashing about brandishing firearms in public, but since it was obvious to them from all the other statements that were taken that my friends were just protecting their property they were going to let us go with a warning.

Now granted, not a single shot was fired. (Thank God.) But there were a few moments where it felt like things could head south in a real hurry.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've only had shitty service at a waffle house once. Our waitress was a goth-y chick who was flirting with her friend the whole time instead of getting us food and refills. We were the only other people in there. The cook handed us all our food and did refills. He got a tip, she did not.

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

The International 3 is on, with teams playing for a $1.4 million 1st place prize. Na'Vi lost 0-2 to Fnatic, which is crazy. Still early though.

11. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love the clip but two things. At the start There is League and Rugby and the second is holy fuck a few of those hits would at the very least be a penalty if not time on the sideline with a couple of weeks enforced rest.

And it was an amazing game last night. Referee was rubbish but the Chiefs overcame the handicap nicely.So good to win two after so many years of watching them get so close to their potential but not quite.

#111 Bundy Bear, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Ever drink a wine that isn't just not good, but is actually really bad? Yeah, awful. Yuck.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yes, but it was a jug hidden in my dorm closet that I opened and forgot about for almost a month.

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anything made by Barefoot

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Barefoot is your "really bad," I'm jealous.

16. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, question for the board. I was getting stuff to put up in my new classroom. This includes a white sox 2005 World Series framed poster, a couple movie posters, a Purdue flag, and (of course) I'll have a picture of my kid for my desk. I'm also leaving plenty of room for school-related stuff (I.e. football calendar, student projects, etc).

However, here is the question: I have a Game of Thrones poster (just the Stark Direwolf with "Winter is Coming" and "Game of Thrones" on it) and a Clerks poster, and my brother questioned whether they were appropriate. I say they're just movie posters, who cares. He said they promote a show and movie my students "probably shouldn't watch." Keep in mind, my students are all at least age 15, no freshmen. Also keep in mind I saw a copy of "Watchmen" in the library (which includes a lot of big blue dong), so I can't imagine catching shit for Game of Thrones or Clerks, but now I am rethinking it. Any thoughts?

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's lame as hell, but overall, having your posters is not worth the risk of catching shit.

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Barefoot Bubbly is friggin delicious, you shut your whore mouth.

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

This stuff was called Strut, an offshoot of Jackson Triggs. Just awful. Muddled, harsh, unpleasant. I expected better. I'm no wine snob, but this was shit.

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have always been nervous about this issue. I'm out here actively shoving books into kids hands and tossing off recommendations every opportunity I get. I haven't even read them half the time, and the other half I cannot remember the racy scene where the main character gets excited because he finally accidentally touches a boob (maybe I should just stop trying to get a sales bump for my autobiography). The other English teacher laughs at me for being so cautious about this stuff.

But I don't think a first year teacher can be two cautious about that stuff. My fallback for books is usually that if a copy is in the library then I am golden. Therefore, I would say that Watchmen is fine. I wouldn't rock the boat with Game of Thrones though. That could spin out of control with a single google by a bored parent who would much rather lead the latest campaign for "I HAVE A RIGHT TO NEVER BE OFFENDED" than read anything longer than a TMZ article.

I highly doubt that you are in a community that has a low possibility of potential to reacting with some sort of a scandal to those books.

If I were at a school that I wanted to stay out for a long period of time, I would start donating books to the library anonymously.

But in all likelihood your bigger problem will be students reading and talking about 50 Shades of Grey and the myriad of spin-offs. If you were an English teacher, I would say that you have a meeting to look forward to about a book where you are quizzing a sophomore female student about it and looking through it when you discover that the ending is a scene where the main characters are all too glad to be engaging in "pregnant sex."

*Added tip: Don't use google image search when it is live on the projector. I wanted to show students "bloody coca cola bears."

This is the first thumbnail.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.