Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT - 7/24/15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I just bought one of my fun purchase baseball cards. Some cards are like little works of art, and this is one of them. Awesome background picture, prominent NY on his cap, and those eyebrows. Not to mention how 1950's New York is the name Johnny Antonelli?

ant.JPG

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I read an article where one guest mentioned he noticed cigarette burns in the roofs of the cabanas. People flicking them out of windows. If one of those caught, it'd be game over pretty quick.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think its hilarious how the MLB "Americanized" names right up into the 1980's (like how the B Jays made George Bell out of Jorge Bell). My favourite:
    [​IMG]
    ...yes, he's second best baseball player ever but Roberto is too alien for us. Let's Johnny American-up this motherfucker!

4. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks you two, but it was a Spanish Inquisition joke that did the trick.

Amongst my weaponry are such diverse elements as surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency, almost fanatical devotion to the pope and nice red uniforms.

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Ohm... ohm.... he's not a mind reader so resist the urge to punch him in the nuts... ohm... ohm...

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So, apparently my friend's GF has "social anxiety" (his words) which means he can't do anything with this friends without her tagging along. Another one of my friends has recently gotten together with a woman who also apparently has lots of issues and needs constant attention and care. At least the other two friends in my gaming group have normal relationships, because I'm about at my limit for putting up with other peoples' dysfunctional relationships.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A long, long time ago I consciously made the decision to cut that kind of shit out of my life; if they don't add as much to your life as they take away, cut them loose.

Friendships aren't a popularity contest; a small number of high quality friends trumps a hundred low quality ones.

This weekend was one of the most relaxing ones I've had in a long time; it's been slowly pissing rain for two days, so I spent the weekend on the couch relaxing, sleeping, playing video games, catching up on movies/tv shows, watching the F1 race, and basically doing tons of nothing.

It was fucking awesome.

8. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meanwhile I was up early both days for client meetings, including having to drive 2.5 hours one way to be somewhere at 9am yesterday. Bleh. Your deal sounds way better. Though at least the meetings went well and I rewatched Winter Soldier last night at home.

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well your area really needs rain, so that is good.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, no kidding! At least it's knocking down some of the forest fires... but the valley has been full of smoke for over a week now, so anything to help clean that up is a good thing.

Not to harsh anyone's weekend mellow, but if you want to read a pretty powerful piece of journalism, check this out: http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/bill-cosbys-accusers-speak-out.html

35 women who were allegedly abused by Cosby.

[​IMG]

I thought it was only a dozen or so (like that somehow makes it less evil), but this sure helps put perspective on it.

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of rude of #36 to not show up for the picture.

#111 JoeCanada, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

It said he abused 35, so that chair is like a "help wanted" sign.

I say we help a brother out. Anyone got any good rapein' drugs? I'm sure Dixie has the technique down at this point. I'll bring the lube... You know, to be polite.

13. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 85% sure it represents all the other victims out there who suffer in silence, and 15% sure he molested the chair.

Somehow I feel like this meet-up is just going to be Dixie with his "technique" and Nerds with his lube. And somehow I feel like they'll wait about four seconds to see if anyone else shows up before they just start ploughing.

14. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He date raped Obama too?!

[​IMG]

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reviewing Facebook this morning, my most socially awkward college classmate got married over the weekend. I was surprised when he got a girlfriend back in school and would have been surprised enough to know that they are still together, let alone married. On the one hand, it makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life because this dude makes me feel cool and suave. On the other hand, my upcoming long weekend is shaping up to be all kinds of awesome, so.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

35 women and there ain't a looker in the bunch.

17. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#9 looks like she has a glass eye. I'm going to believe that she does.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Bill Cosby know where all the white women at.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Please tell me you're incorporating this style into your wedding vows. What a panty dropper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.