Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 5/29/20 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

...they break out a cat-o-nine-tails and two-gallon tub of mayonnaise and then they....

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

SpaceX just launched another rocket, this one deploying a satellite. Kinda cool moment with my 6 year old son, he was sitting in my lap watching it. He’s obsessed with electronics and thought it was so cool the first stage was landing on a drone ship. He was blown away how they used the same thrust that pushed the rocket up to also slow it down. I had to explain how it worked using my beer can.

First time he watched a rocket launch, it was completely autonomous. Welcome to the world our children are gonna grow up in.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We are having the worst mosquito spring I can remember. I basically have to paint myself with Muskol just to go out on our patio after dusk. They are EVERYWHERE when you go outside.

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Customer came by a week ago with a 2004 black Mustang that has a salvaged title. He had it at another shop and they left some over spray on some adjacent panels and one small area on the edge of a door needed to be touched up. Probably a 3-4 hour job. He wanted us to do the work and that the insurance company would pay for us to do it. I asked why he doesn't take it back to the shop that did the original work so they can fix it and he passed it off as he didn't like the guy or whatever. I get a hold of the insurance adjuster and she tells me that he's been kicked out of 3 shops because of aggressive attitude, claimed that the shops damaged his car and stole items out of his car. Well shit, I don't need that drama at my shop for a $300 job so I emailed him and said that we're going to pass on the job. He replies this morning; "After all this time and our agreement. You're a complete asshole. You're all the bad things this country is made of." Oh man, I laughed and laughed.
    It'll be interesting if he comes down here and tries to get aggressive since he's about 5'5", 120lbs and has a gimp leg.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Little Big Man Syndrome. It's a thing.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Imagine how many fights he’s picked in his life. I mean, you’d be angry too if you were always reaching up for shit.

When you have a “Little Guy” as your boss, it is a fucking nightmare. He has been waiting his entire life to push people around, planning it, fantasizing about it as a child. They always have harsh, car-compactor handshakes and LOVE standing up at meetings.

8. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tell me about it.

My first boss was appx 5’7. One time he was being a dick across the cubicles and I told him - “Why don’t you stand up and say that to me”.

He was already standing up.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Keep insulting him and he’ll go become a personal trainer.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry, I've been out of pocket the past week. The hold up was the repair side. Storm damage was wide spread throughout the region and October was the earliest the roofing company could schedule me. I could've gone with a different company, but they had a great reputation and came in a couple grand under what USAA estimated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.