Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 2020 CHRISTMAS & HOLIDAYS [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Homestar Runner has become the quickest way to date myself at work, around all these young kids. That, and their amazement at my knowing nearly ever song played on the 70’s/80’s/90’s SiruisXM channels.

2. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I did not watch all of it, but that New Year's show had me constantly asking out loud, "who the fuck is that?" (Besides Cyndi Lauper and J-Lo*)
    And then they flash to New Orleans and we have the mayor, Latoya "The Destroya" Cantrell, "Big Freedia", and a Fleur de lis "sliding down a pole" like the ball drop... what in ALL the fucks?
    Checking this morning's news I saw that fireworks saw significant increases in sales and even though it rained off an on last night, up to and past midnight, every redneck that received his stimulus check early clearly burned most, or all of it, on the atmospheric pyrotechnics.

Happy New Years, all. We need not ever mention the past year again.

*that rendition of Dream On was bad enough for make Steven Tyler fall off the wagon.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And Walmart has those that haven't spent it yet covered...

[​IMG]

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can confirm Covid is still very very here.
    I spent today taking down Christmas decor and I have one more tree to go and I honestly am just too tired right now for that.
    I’ll get it down tomorrow and put them all in the attic tomorrow.

Also - one of my clients gifted me this. The bad part is it’s too thick to fit between our door and our storm door.

Attached Files:

5. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

I've got a 10kg blanket and I love it. I don't sleep with it every night, or after big workout days. It's a little "much" sometimes, and if I've been working out, I find it makes things worse because my muscles are weak enough already.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    So I'm lying on my bed this morning looking at my computer. Out of the corner of my eye I see movement on my jeans. Right in the crotch to be exact. I look down and it's a fucking 4 inch long scorpion. It's dead now.

Fuck me I hate the desert.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jungle Julia has been saying that I should get one for years; I toss and turn all night, even on our memory foam mattress.
    After hearing y'all's reviews, maybe I'll get one.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love my weighted blankets. I had a 12 lb and upgraded to a 20 and its magical. If I could find a 20 like the one my son has that’s actually bed sized I’ll snatch it up because it helps so much with restless legs, insomnia, and some of the pain I still have post op.

I even use my 12 on my dog when she’s being a nerd.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Just curious, how does it help with insomnia? I go through bouts of it and I also have a weighted blanket that I’ve never actually used. Does it help temper anxiety?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What's keeping you there these days?

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does help with anxiety.
    Insomnia wise, my brain just runs a million miles a second. I don’t know why or how but the blanket does help slow that train down.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I've got to be somewhere where there are jobs, neither of my parcels are anywhere near a population center with jobs.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I would assume said jobs will provide the funds to actually build something on the land. Man does not live on real estate alone.

14. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone have a young adult crush on a tv/movie character that has become stronger as you've become older? I've always had a thing for Elaine Benes but as I've gotten older, she's really pushing all the buttons. Especially in the later seasons. I wonder if I would've been "sponge worthy"

15. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to have a thing for Elaine, too.
    Then I realized that she's a total cunt of the highest order.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The final episode of that show wasn’t remarkable, except that it created a D-FENS Moment for a lot of fans of the show (“Wait.....THEY were the bad guys the whole time?!?!)

...uh, YEAH, dummies. They were four sociopathic assholes who constantly ruined lives and caused misery around them. That show created such a hypnotic state of Stockholm Syndrome in the viewers they had no idea who they were cheering for.

Always Sunny’s ensemble does not hide that at all. Here is five assholes: hate us.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked how they made her more bitter and sarcastic in later seasons. Got the shows underlying nihilistic narcissistic theme well. Seinfeld and Larry David never shied away from the fact these were supposed to be shallow unlikable characters.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

After George killed Susan and pawned it off like he knocked over a glass of water, there was no going back.

20. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So these might be one of the best purchases we've ever made. My wife bought a pack of indoor snowballs (not the linked ones exactly) at a CVS after a particularly tough morning with my daughter before the holidays.

We now have a snowball fight in the basement every night after dinner, which consists of my daughter running around giggling and squealing as I throw my best Nolan Ryan fastball directly at her head. I hold nothing back. They bounce off harmlessly and she thinks it's hilarious. If I miss and hit the tv or something, no big deal. It's a great way for her to burn energy, and for me to safely and playfully exact revenge for the day's tantrums.

Cannot recommend them enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.