Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 11/8 NATIONAL HARVEY WALLBANGER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have only had frost once this year.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quite frightening, but the CBC, the royal legion, the defense minister, and of course, budweiser, were all on top of it in a pinch.

3. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We got 11 inches of snow yesterday when we were supposed to get 3-5. The low tonight is 5*, and I’m wondering why I thought it was a good idea to live in this horrible place.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

A few years ago we got 6 inches of snow and I took my boys sledding down our hill and around our pasture. Now for the last 2 winters my 5 year old keeps asking me if it's gonna snow whenever it gets cold.

When I was growing up it never snowed, not even sleet or really ice. Now it's not surprising when we do get sleet, and snow flurries in the hill country happen a half dozen times or so a year. Climate is changing that's for sure.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know why attorneys have such a bad reputation? Because they’re fucking awful.

Ive dealt with a handful over the years and they’re all the same- zero customer service and sense of urgency.

If you think they’re gonna take your case and do some research in case law, you’re gonna be disappointed. The only thing they’re good for is legal procedure. That’s it!

In fact if they weren’t required in some courts, I’d do the job myself.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It has actually been abnormally warm here, 8-11 degrees when normally it would be 3-5 degrees. I actually like the -5 because it means clears skies and not this depressing grey cloudy rainy shit.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's been below zero and snowy here... great time of year to be working from home, especially since the home office has a fireplace in it.

The 2 cats are not impressed... I swear that they think I made outside shitty just to piss them off, and are waffling between pissy and depressed... lots of time spent in bed for them lately.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do people even listen any more, just finished answering the phone

me: "parts raymond speaking how can i help you?"
    phone: "hi dylan this is kyle from store"

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you're the fucktard tasked with calling the 95 people on the list to tell them that their pre-order is there for them to pick up, no, they are not listening... they have shut off their brain and are just plowing through that list to get it done.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Does anybody know the pluses and minuses of Disney Plus? I hear it has the Simpsons collection. That would make it worth it on its own.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found my Las Vegas limit. Five days. Flew in Wednesday and by mid day Sunday I was just done. Didn't want to gamble anymore, eat anymore or drink anymore. Just wanted to veg out on my couch and watch TV.

SEMA was off the charts as usual. Almost 200,000 people, 3 million square feet & 2400 vendors. The wheel and tire wheel room didn't disappoint. One booth had 2 Lamboghinis, a Ferrari and a McClaren 720S. Booth next to that had a Porsche GT3 RS and a Pagani Zonda. I took a fair amount of pictures but no sense in posting them. There are thousands of professional pics online. I went with a long time friend of mine who is a "car guy" but not in the industry so we saw things totally different. I'd be all chubbed up over an insanely clean car with perfect body work, subtle body mods that clean up a classic car, classy interior, wheels that fit the vintage etc. A legit couple hundred thousand dollar hot rod. He'd walk right by that car to look at a "rat rod" truck that someone hit up the brass pipe aisle at Home Depot for design elements. Frustrating to try and explain what it takes to build a top tier car when he's more impressed with something that looks like it was welded with flux core. haha

This was one of my favorite cars of the show (Scroll to the bottom for completed pics) Just perfect in every way. Flawless paint and body, cool custom wheels, non traditional motor choice, non traditional car (IE; not a '69 Camaro) bitching interior. Whew.
    http://roadstershop.com/galleries/1965pontiac/

The wife flew in Friday and stuck to her claims of wanting to hit a strip club. $106 to walk through the door for her to state 20 mins later "Well, this is pretty boring." No shit. That's why I stopped going 20 years ago.

Saturday we decided to do something completely financially irresponsible and splurged on Lady Gaga tickets to her Jazz & Piano show. Holy shit wow. We were completely blown away. She'd sing classic jazz songs and then play some of her newer stuff on the piano and then back to jazz etc. At one point she turned the mic off and just sang. Amazing how a person that small could fill the venue without amplification. I can't think of another modern entertainer that could do a mind bending pop show one night and a classical jazz show the next.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

minus, another fucking streaming service. FUCK that. it will just make me start pirating again.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The content is overwhelming. It does have all Simpsons, and just fucking everything. I signed up a few weeks ago on the prepay 3 years plan, so $4 / mo. I like Mandalorian, too.Worth it for me.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, I’m not paying for cbs all access and Disney plus so I can watch 2 ish shows on top of Netflix, HBO, and amazon. There’s so many much watch shows it’s hard to keep up and I’m not buying 20 subscriptions at 7-10 bucks a month. If they were say add ons to amazon prime at like 2-3 dollars a month I might bite. But you’re running into the same headache as huge cable plans.

#54 Kubla Kahn, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I pay a huge cable (Dish) bill, Netflix and Amazon Prime and I added Disney because it was about $4/mo. I use the Amazon Prime shipping services and the prime music streaming, so the video content is just bonus. I would have already dropped Dish, but I have a shit ton of movies and other programs recorded on DVR that I am slowly moving to other storage. Once I do that, I'll probably do Hulu Live with Disney Plus. Seriously, though, the amount of content on Disney Plus is kind of bonkers. It was appealing to me, but for families with kids, it's a no-brainer. It will either kill Netflix or force them to lower their price.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have Netflix, Hulu, and Prime. Prime only because of the two day delivery.

I’ve considered rotating some to compare but I’m too lazy. I don’t watch enough tv, mainly for the family.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Some of my favourite builds ever are of the old-school Foose designs, where you're almost hard pressed to tell what he changed, but it just looks... better. Joe Rogan's Sick Fish is one of my all-time favourites.

And that, my friend, is what happens when someone makes it due to having raw singing talent as opposed to being a marketing campaign and a magical producer.

Pink is another such talent... she can just hop up, solo, to an open mic, and fucking KILL it.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

All that content on DisneyPlus, but no “Song Of The South?” How dare they forget such a historical classic.

I’m sure a new eleven-minute-long cut will be available soon.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dish and Fox Sports South (and Southeast) had a spat and couldn't agree on terms. I watch every Braves game. So, for the last 6 weeks of the season, I free-trialed them all (well, the ones that have Fox Sports South). I did YouTube TV, Hulu +Live, FuBo, PlayStation Vue, and AT&T Now. Hulu +Live is the best and easiest, imo.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Heh. We looked that title up too and it wasn't there.

I really enjoyed the first episode of their Star Wars show. It was enjoyable and well done. So mad that I can't binge watch it though. They are smart to trickle it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.