Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 11/8 NATIONAL HARVEY WALLBANGER DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

NATIONAL CAPPUCCINO DAY
    NATIONAL HARVEY WALLBANGER DAY
    NATIONAL PARENTS AS TEACHERS DAY

Start off today with a cappuccino, go to work as a teacher after you drop the kiddos off, and then unwind with some Harvey Wallbangers tonight. Or do I have that backwards? Start with the Harvey Wallbanger and then go teach. Because you're responsible like that and kids can be hellions.

If you can make a screwdriver, you're almost there.

Harvey Wallbanger:
    Ingredients
      • 1 1/2 ounces vodka
      • 4 ounces orange juice
      • 1/2 ounce Galliano
      • 1 orange slice for garnish
    Preparation
      1. In a highball glass almost filled with ice cubes, combine the vodka and orange juice. Stir well. Float the Galliano on top and garnish with orange slice
    [​IMG]

Cappuccinos got me started on the coffee train. Cappuccinos morphed into lattes which morphed into dark roast coffee with whole milk until the whole milk was scaled back and I was drinking some glorious, strong coffee in the morning. I've pretty much cut out caffeine these days, but you should enjoy one without me. Everyone who loves espresso should own a mocha pot so they can satisfy that itch without a $1,000 machine or running out to the local coffee spot. Besides, that local coffee spot isn't open at 3 in the morning.

Anyone here homeschool their kids? How's that working out for ya?

Happy Friday, y'all. Go crazy!

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Continuing the discussion in the last WDT, I find it hilarious that the Hollywood elite doesn’t like Netflix for cranking out limitless tired dreck.

Yeah.

You’re not exactly winning hearts and minds here. Especially Spielberg should keep his mouth shut for now. He had the opportunity to film “Ready Player One” and he completely fucked it up.

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does she come with the cappuccino machine? I love my moka pot. But it has an apparent lack of a hot brunette. What do I do?

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All anyone needs to know that you're right is that Robert Zemeckis and Dreamworks had a budget of $40mm and put out the piece of shit that is Welcome To Marwen, raking in a massive $10mm in the U.S. When that kind of terrible slop quits getting released, then they can boo.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I almost think that some of these really bad films are just money laundering schemes.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would not surprise me one bit.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mortal Engines HAD to be. $120 million and their target audience was nobody.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean it felt like they bricked the marketing on purpose.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

For those of you unfamiliar, one of “marketing techniques” for that movie was releasing a ten minute long movie trailer that revealed every plot detail including the climax.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was put on legitimate home release even before they could bootleg it.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Here's a fun question:
    Name your top 3 suspected movies that were probably just money laundering schemes.
    Go!

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the past few years any movie that tanked and they blamed misogynist internet trolls for the movies’ flop. See Ghostbusters Answer the Call and Terminator Dark Fate. I’m convinced it’s The Producers scheme.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Wolf of Wallstreet, because it literally was a money laundering venture.

A lot of people think The Room only existed for Tommy Wiseau to launder money from Eastern Europe.

A lot of movies financed by Chinese companies are done so for money laundering purposes.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Despite it being a Netflix film, “Polar” has to be. There is no way a movie this fucking retarded and obnoxious could have been produced in honour of art or audience.

“Valerian”. Here we have a $200 million dollar-plus shitpile directed by the usually apt Luc Besson. Some of the visuals are spectacular but it’s utterly fucking empty and he literally cast the two most obnoxious “lead actors” for the lead characters, who both look like the have full-blown AIDS and took acting classes from Christopher Lambert. A big budget with no expensive casting prices, somebody made money off of this that shouldn’t have, because there was NO WAY it would be a huge it (it bomber in North America and barely made its budget back worldwide). Besson’s “The Fifth Element” cost less than half this film, is more than two decades older and is better in every conceivable way except for Chris Tucker who fucking ruins fucking everything FUCKING ever. Whoever made him famous should be injected with battery acid and thrown into a forest fire.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

On the topic of better films, I showed my daughter “The Naked Gun” with simply the disclaimer “This movie tries to pack as many jokes in as little time possible.”

I was wondering if this film aged in a way that modern kids wouldn’t find it funny. NOPE. She was on the fucking floor. Ive never seen her laugh like this in her entire life. She was calling her friends to get over to our house so she can watch it again. The parts where Pricilla Presley bails on the staircase and “Bingo” nearly gave her an asthma attack. And she’s the same as age as I was when I saw it in theatres.

She also loved “The ‘Burbs”. I didn’t see that coming.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In my opinion, the first Naked Gun is the best comedy film ever. So well written and it only works because Leslie Nielsen never breaks character, mugs at the camera or does any other silly shit that lets you in on the fact it’s a movie. He plays it straight noir the whole time.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It’s funny after a hundred views. I think that only “Raising Arizona” is better because of the style and cinematography is some of the most original ever seen. Both of them are live-action screwball cartoons, with lead characters that play it dry to the absolute bone; even when getting the shot at or thrown through windshields. .

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Watched Blazing Saddles a few months ago and wondered aloud how bad the riots would be if it were released in theaters today. My cackle of in-laws watching didn't see the problem with it.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s still no problem with it. It is a classic film. Certain people may have a problem with it, but that’s their problem. If you don’t know good art when you see it.... 7E7F1A8D-9452-43EE-9E21-379E0FFC5BF0.jpeg

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Oh I didn't say it wasn't a great movie. If I had to watch one movie on repeat for the rest of my life, that'd be it. But there would be a lot of people, maybe even the majority of people, who would want to murder the producers for even implying that it's ok to make a racial joke. That is, if it was even allowed to be made, which I'd wager it wouldn't.

It'll never stop being funny as shit.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I understand people in history trying to censor art for whatever belief or context. But nobody has the right to edit it once it’s printed. It’s on the wall, the creator gave it to history, stop trying to edit Baby Its Cold Outside because you were too fat to get a prom date fifteen years ago.

This certainly hope that this over-correction of people getting offended by everything will end like a fad eventually. It’s genuinely starting to create groups against it, which is always bad. People who fuck with art more often then not get shouted down quick more than ever. The trick is getting these attention starved over-sensitive fucks to vapourize into the air somehow before they fuck up another film franchise and start getting hung on meat hooks in the town square.

#20 Crown Royal, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.