Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 11/15 NATIONAL RECYCLE DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree. He’s not a dipshit about hunting and he’s extremely thoughtful.

2. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Personally I kind of hate this feature. I never feel like the system turns the lights on early enough. It's dim and cloudy and I feel like they should be on and the truck happily runs along with them off. Rainy and miserable out... lights off. Winter also really bugs me because in a white vehicle with heavy snow cover I want them on almost always and of course, it doesn't because it's bright out. However, because it works a fair amount of the time I get in the habit of relying on it and then only realize that they aren't on and should be after I've been down the road a bit and see some other idiot with his off. I was more dependable when I knew every time I got in it was something I had to think about.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Do you not have daytime running lights? All Canadian vehicles require the lights to be on at all times when running.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

5. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting. My Chevy Silverado is completely the opposite. If I sit the shade of a tree they'll turn on.

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mine will turn on under a shade tree but definitely tend to turn on a little later than I’d like sometimes. but if my wipers are on my lights come on automatically.

husband bought an outback last year; when he bought it i pressed HARD for a leather interior but he didn’t want to bother with the expense. When we got my Jeep I demanded leather expense be damned.
    Yesterday my kid puked in my car.
    I’m so glad I stood my ground.

7. Esian

Esian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That would make a lot more sense to me, but no, they come on when the sensor deems it dark enough.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m never going back to cloth seats.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Accidentally ate a piece of a fels naptha soap bar. I would not recommend it.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Honestly, what good are they except for when you first sit down during very hot/cold days? They keep stains, they collect odours..... NEVER going back to that again.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same. They’re itchy. They break my hair off. They smell. And they just aren’t comfortable.
    Throw in kids, dogs, sports, and outdoorsy shit...I’m good.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Leaving for Hawaii in a few days on vacation. Nothing torpedos the enthusiasm quite like reading that there’s tiger sharks everywhere and beaches are being closed due to attacks

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'Nerds, if it was literally ANYONE but you, I just say "Don't be a puss-ass, just get in the water."

But this is you, we're talking about here.

OWLETS tried to kill you, just imagine what a prehistoric murder-machine will do.

In other news, Jungle Julia and I adopted an owlet.
    I took her to the shop to see them, and she insisted that we take the runt home, because it was just going to die (it was).
    At first I was against the idea, but I figured if it's going to die anyway (it was about 1/3 the size of its siblings), we might as well give it a shot.
    Our plan is to bring it back over there once it's got its adult feathers.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I know you're well intentioned and I hate to be a buzzkill, but I recommend you find a wildlife rehab and let them deal with it. Unless you are committed to keeping it a very minimal time (like days) and research how to care for it properly. Like the correct food, temperatures, not using your hands to feed it. There's a chance the mother could still kick it out after you return it. There's people that specialize in that work for a reason. And I dunno about your state but both in my home state and current state, birds of prey have some serious legislature protecting them, both on the state and federal level. Even if you are trying to help.

Here's a link to a list of rehabs in Texas. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/rehab/list/

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah removing an owl from the nest may or may not be a federal crime depending on how you interpret it and how nice the authorities decide to be. I know, if they found out blah blah blah but it's better to err on the side of caution and just contact the authorities. Or let nature do whatever nature does.

16. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Better than vinyl

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

That god for CPR training.

A neighbor called, said his wife (who is elderly and like 300 lbs) fell. Normally no big deal, I drive over there and help get her back up. Except I found her face down and with no pulse. Called 911, rolled her over, started chest compressions and cleared her airway until she I felt a faint pulse about a min into it and she started breathing on her own. Kept airway clear after that and on her left side. Took EMS 8 minutes by my phone's calculations to get there. They got her on oxygen and to a hospital. If she had been without a pulse for those 8 minutes, there would be no hope of recovery. As it stands, it's still not looking good, but my training was able to take someone from dead to at least a chance of seeing her family on thanksgiving.

Please, everyone go get CPR/1st Aid certified. You may never need it. Or you may get a random call on a thursday night and find someone without a pulse and be able to hopefully give them another chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.