Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 10/11/19 [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

10/11/19:
    Focus:
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! In all my Americanness I forgot about this one. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday.

National Coming Out Day - Any of you idiots have an announcement for the class?
    National Girl Child Day - Got kids? Niblings? Brag on your girl.
    National Sausage Pizza Day - This actually sounds fantastic. Gimmie. I will be enjoying some sausage today but with cabbage, not yummy greasy pizza. Womp womp.

How about National Freeze Your Buns Off Day? Cuddle duds under my jeans are making it possible to function today. Only a few more weeks of working out of this tin can parked in the middle of the parking lot. It got cold way earlier this year.

Halloween is around the corner. Anybody preparing fun customes? I plan to torture the dogs a bit with wearing something amusing. I learned the hard way last year that there are at least a gazillion children in the neighborhood and it is common practice to give 1 small piece to each. I ran out in less than 15min last year. This year we're doing it right: front door is decorated, lots of candy, and cute costumes on the dogs.

It's Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday...
    Have a beverage or three and celebrate. You're free til Monday!

#1 bewildered, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Girl Child"? Is that different than "daughter"?

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Daughter just describes relationship.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are correct and I never even thought of it like that. You learn something every day.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I think this day is more about all the girls, not just the ones you conceived. I don't have kids but I have some cool neices and some of my friends have awesome kids. You're more likely to be close to kids in your immediate family but that's more about odds. Teachers and coaches may recognize a particular kid who had a great effect on them. You might have a remarkable neighbor girl who is spitfire and smart as a whip.
    Today is about all the awesome girls!

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

My daughter is the best. At 18 months shes already sassing her mother, which I have to reprimand, but Im secretly proud of.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Almost forgot, Monday is Canada's Thanksgiving. Who has a long holiday coming up?

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It is now our family’s time to shine as we strive to put up the best Halloween yard haunt in our city. It’s the one celebration I wished I lived in the United States for: you guys have the better weather, and the fact way more people celebrate it down there.

My daughter has been getting into scary movies. She wants to watch an R-Rated one for the first time since she’s in Grade six. I said “Pick one from the shelf” (all the horror movies are on display during October) she says “I want to watch the one that you have the poster for on the wall!”

“....ummm, THIS one?”....

93BA0A33-5485-4233-90EC-573C8895B603.png

...she lasted less than ten minutes before she ran and curled up in the corner of her bed. Wrong choice to break yourself in, kid. Next time pick “Silver Bullet.”

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Jesus Christ. You could meet her in the middle and show her Watcher in the Woods or Something Wicked This Way Comes.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, I do... hoping to get a lot of work done around the house as I've been travelling for work a lot lately... typical "winterization" stuff, like putting away garden hoses, draining irrigation lines, etc. You know, fun stuff...

I'm also hoping to do some more work on my office renovation. Which is kind of interesting as I'm in the process of opening up an 80 person office here in town as a new satellite office to the "mother ship"... should be interesting... means I actually have to go to an office now instead of work from home. First new local employees start in 2 weeks, with a pretty substantial ramp-up over the next few months. Until then, my front hall is full of drop-shipped computer gear and the garage is starting to fill up with office furniture (the new space isn't quite ready yet... can't happen soon enough).

Interesting... and it goes against his thoughts about kitchen knives. His philosophy was always to buy the shittiest of knives that fit your hand well and were well balanced, and just sharpen the fuck out of it all the time. If you did it right, the knife went from a chef's knife to a filet knife in about 2 years. No sense wasting all that on a fancy knife.

I also find it interesting that the certificate says it was issues to Bourdain, not that he actually used it.

But still, that's a really nice showcase knife!

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I thought about that but let me dream damn it!!

At $22k already with 18 days left. Wonder what it will go for. Tony would probably be sick if he knew how much someone was going to pay for that knife.

13. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh just you wait. Mine is 6.5 it only gets worse from here.

On a kid related note, my son 4 in January, woke up screaming just as about me and the wife were going to bed screaming "I dont want to die!". I have no idea where that came from.

14. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

well, I think 1. Kramer knives are supposedly a pretty top-level item, He has a 2+ year waiting for any/every of his custom knives. 2. It has LITERALLY a piece of Meteorite iron forged in it. and 3. Bourdain is probably the highest profile customer that Kramer has had. it's kinda like if you could purchase a Picasso paintbrush..

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know why she didn't last too long? Because you kept her away from the R-rated stuff for too long.

Seriously, 6th grade, and you're barely letting her watch R-rated movies?
    You know that those MPAA ratings are just a suggestion, right?

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don’t keep her away from anything, she only recently had any interest. She’s seen PG scary ones but “The Serpent And The Rainbow” is fucking hardcore. It fucks with people. It fucks with grown adults. The main character goes through Hell like no other in any other film ever made.

I warned her not to watch it. I told her it would drive her up the wall. I wanted to watch a “Dark Disney” flick from the early 80’d like the already mentioned Watcher In The Woods or the exceptional Something Wicked This Way Comes, hands down the darkest and scariest family film ever made.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My grandfather’s funeral is tomorrow. He had the same brain surgeon as me, and will be buried in the family cemetery on the ranch. When I had my brain tumor surgery, he was in the middle of cancer that wasn’t looking good for him. We were joking that we were racing each other to see who was the first one to be buried there, and they had to hurry up and finish building the cemetery because depending on the day either one of us could have been in the lead. Turns out my grandmother beat us both there, little twat came from behind and beat us both!

In other news, I just finished trimming up my first brisket of the season. Ready for a 10 hour smoke on Sunday!

18. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have seven working days left at my job. I’m powering through it as best I can.
    On the plus side I’m starting to get callbacks for applications I put out in preparation for the move. So my stress level is just slightly lower.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Ok...I want y'all's opinion. A friend of mine sent me a couple of youtube videos of one of her relative's band. They're playing House of Blues in Vegas this weekend. I'm kind of torn. They are talented (You don't play a venue like House of Blues without having some sort of talent and following)...but their music, dress and stage presence are kind of all over the place. They're raw as fuck, but someone must see something in them.

My opinion is the guitarist/singer needs to ditch the whole Stevie Ray thing and do his own thing. And the whole band needs to settle on one general direction and let it gel into their thing instead of what they're doing now. What they're doing now is apparently good enough to play House of Blues, which is great if that's all they aspire to (Hey, it's better then I ever did....I played places like The Hell Roaring Inn in Yaak, MT.)

Anyways, just curious what y'all think:

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah. My wife thinks she’s going to be a psycho. It’s hilarious because I’m seeing the same exact (not psycho) personality traits my wife has in our daughter. They’re going to be best friends when she’s about 13.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.