Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT 1/24/14 NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, since 2003, when the NBA started the playoff format of having 8 teams from each conference advance to the playoffs and all series be a best of 7 series, no team has won a second round series as a 6, 7, or 8 seed. A 6, 7, or 8 seed has only won a round 1 series ten times since then; the Warriors have done it twice, and eight other teams have done it once.

Count me as another person who likes the NBA but not college basketball. I would rather watch the top athletes go at it than the mid-major college kids. The NBA isn't without its problems, like the refereeing and the regular season vs. playoffs, which have been discussed here already, but at the end of the day it's just beyond me how anyone can say that March Madness is more fun to watch than the NBA playoffs. I would add that when I have watched college basketball games, it hasn't been uncommon for travels not to be called there, either.

I agree that the NBA season could be reduced to something like 40 or 50 games. I like baseball, too, and I would cut the MLB regular season to 100 games or so.

2. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From my limited exposure to NBA via people talking, etc. I was under the impression the Heat flopped the most. Is it the Spurs?

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So according to the ratings, March Madness is more popular than the NBA Playoffs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ess-gets-better-ratings-than-the-nba-playoffs

The fact that the lower teams can't compete in the NBA playoffs either speaks to the talent disparity or the simple lack of passion in the NBA game. The college game is simply more entertaining, and unlike hockey, I'm watching it to be entertained. Hell I prefer to watch the WJC over the NHL simply because there are more mistakes, the talent appears more visible, and the games are more exciting.

In the NBA if you finish 1 or 2 its almost like a buy into the next round. With March Madness there are virtually no sure things aside from the 1v16 seeds. The interesting thing is though, that these 16 seeds are excited even to be there. So even with the most lopsided matchups theres still a fair bit of excitement for the team thats about to get crushed.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Lebron's repulsive, non-stop bitching does sponge a lot of that; but the Spurs have been this way since the 90's. I've seen Italian soccer players fake better.

Although I hate LeBron more than all the Spurs put together. Wanting a foul called is one thing. Standing there and glaring at the ref while the your other teammates snd opponents run down the court with the still-live ball is fucking pathetic. Yeah we get it, you're a super-duper star. Why doesn't he just buy the entire NBA? That way only he can win and do whatever he wants, because its very obvious that's how he wants it. Worked wonders for Don King, and they have the same amount of likability.

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I love Lebron as a player despite those bad habits in transition (which are truly annoying). I like him primarily because he does basically everything we want, game-wise, out of an elite athlete.

He makes his teammates better. He's an amazing passer. He's an engaged and willing defender, maybe the most valuable in the league. He works hard on his game every season, and has improved in tangible ways. He's smart. He knows the game, and works to be more efficient. He wins, now.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole Decision thing was annoying, but it's not like the rest of Miami is some kind of juggernaut now. Example: who would you rather have, Wade+Bosh+?? or Hibbert+Stephenson+ West+Scola+Granger+Hill?

Also, Jordan was and is way more of an asshole than LeBron will ever be.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This has nothing to do with passion or extreme talent disparity and everything to do with the fact that NBA playoff series are seven games while March Madness is a single elimination tourney.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dentists are a mixed bunch. I mean, some of them are normal people like anyone else. And then some of them talk about how attractive the extras are in Holocaust movies.

8. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Fuck lucid dreams. I remember every damn detail about an absolutely stupid dream that included everything from my being pregnant (which I am not) and having a window straight through to my uterus, to waltzing with my ex boyfriend (the karaoke host) while I shopped for black ankle boots, to taking a shit in a log cabin surrounded by Oompa Loompas.

WHAT THE FUCK? I am never going back to sleep.

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is some crazy ass middle eastern sex going on in the apartment above me. Or fighting.

All I know is that it is loud, and I have heard "Allahu akbar" several times.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought lucid dreaming was being cognizant you were in a dream and could control it? I was I had the ability. I'd say 95% of my sex dreams are me getting insanely close to actually nailing the girl only for the dream to switch gears and change at THE MOMENT of insertion of my dream penis into a dream woman's vagina. That or a girl I want to bang in a dream will always be in the next room just out of reach. This is frighteningly similar to my waking sex life, just never quite sealing the deal.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a lucid dream last night I was playing for the Indiana University basketball team and that I could dunk, and I blocked a dunk in that game. Pretty fun actually.However, I'd had nightmares where i was surrounded by rattlesnakes and couldn't move or I'd be bit. Or another that North Korea had bugged my apartment and were going to kill me.

If I could never dream, that'd be great. For every good dream I have I have some really fucked up ones, like family members dying, being stabbed etc. It seems to be really tied into my moods.

Growing up I had sleep paralysis, that was really fucked up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a friend in scouts (no homo) who had this. Occasionally we would be in the same tent and he would get terrified and be paralyzed and just sort of grunt in fear (still no homo)

He would tell us about it the morning after, for example one time he thought there was a crazy hermit outside the tent mumbling.

Well, one time, he was telling us that he had heard an animal outside the tent, sniffing around, and we all thought that it was another crazy sleep paralysis/night terror.

Until someone noticed the mountain lion tracks through the campsite.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I trapped a dire wolf in my backyard.

Srsly. A giant Northern Inuit dog came bounding up and practically tackled me while snow blowing the end of the street. It's beautiful, almost pure white and gargantuan.

And, no collar. Perfect. Why would you own a gorgeous animal like this and not license it? I should keep it as punishment. But I won't.

14. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can sometimes control my dreams, it's great. I have wickedly vivid dreams, if I've been reading a book series or watching heaps of a TV show or playing a lot of one game in particular I start dreaming about it and get inserted into whatever it is.

On another note if you want to partake in one of the biggest music countdowns in the world. In two hours the Triple J Hottest 100 will kick off on this link. http://www.abc.net.au/radio/player/?station=triplej

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Looks like I'm the proud owner of an giant sled dog for the night. He's chewing a fire log right now, lying down in two-foot deep snow like it's heated sheets, then he ploughs around in the deep shit like Bugs Bunny. What are these things made of?

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A quick glance at Wikipedia tells me that Northern Inuit Dogs are bred only in the UK, and outside of the UK there is one breeder in South Africa ( and really, why does South Africa need Northern Inuit Dogs?). If it really is one, holy shit. You could demand a hefty ransom for it. But what you should do is hook it up to a toboggan and go for a ride.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It sure resembles one. It could be a malamute but its not big and burly like those dogs. It's tall and lanky like a wolf. Too big to be a husky.

18. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Straya Day you kents

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well snap a picture, skank.

Just watched The Hangover 3. It wasn't funny, it was just... fucked up.

Now, St. George's Absinthe. Nothing says being an adult like drinking alone with the curtains drawn.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wow. Found the owner thanks to the power of Twitter. He's a 10 month malamute named Chevy it turns out.

He's a puppy and he's this big? Fuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.