Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

WDT 1/24/14 NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love college basketball (I'm a CU and Indiana guy) but I hate the NBA. I dislike the NBA because it seems like there is a severe lack of effort out there for the first 90% of the game. In college basketball it seems like guys are really playing as hard as they can, the NBA less so.

So to get back to the theme, sexy girls with abs, how about a sexy girl with a toned flat stomach?

[​IMG]

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

The NBA is so corrupt with owners either playing for money or playing for championships, it's disgusting.

In the NBA, the best way to win a championship is to win just enough games to get into the playoffs (preferably with homecourt advantage), and then really play hard. Up until the playoffs, ideally for the team, you should rest your stars as much as possible so long as you still get that playoff seed, ensuring they are healthy enough for a long playoff run. This also guarantees a BORING regular season.

Luck so has it, I was born and bred a Spurs fan, so for some damn reason I have to subscribe to this stupid theory. This means that the entire regular season, for me, is a wash. Because I know our owner and coach isn't taking it seriously. Reduce the NBA regular season to, say, 56 games (or even 30) instead of 82 or whatever, and then you might have my attention. But right now, our "season" is the playoffs.

3. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are a lot of things in fashion that are just fucking stupid, and most of them are relegated to the runway or LA/NY look-at-me crowd. Why choose something that you are not going to see in 90% of anywhere to make fun of and claim dramatically that they are the downfall of the human race? Because there have already been too many Crocs and Uggs and mom jeans jokes? It's like she randomly picked something she saw a gay hipster wearing and decided it would be super clever to be the first person to make fun of them. But she was afraid that wouldn't pull in enough views, so she decided to make it out to be some sort of social injustice last straw and included a bunch of bullshit about stuff she has no concept about except she saw that it was trending. All as some sort of preface to the megging heckling, because...she thinks they're all related somehow?

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The NHL has 82 games as well, its impossible to play hard all those games. However, the NHL has a very deep farm system with at least 5 other leagues to draw players from. Because of that the bottom end guys play their asses off every game. Ovechkin, Crosby, etc take games off, the 4th line guy who is fighting for his paycheck doesn't. Also, there isn't as much money in the NHL so just making it to the playoffs isn't enough to be sure of a successful fiscal year.

As well, an 8 seed has won the Cup recently. It seems like there is less talent disparity between the elite and good teams. Many times, the one seeds are in danger of getting upset because the 8th seed is playing the best hockey coming into the playoffs.

Remember though, I don't dislike basketball. I think its a good game, I think college basketball may be one of the most entertaining sports out there. I just think the NBA falls flat in several aspects.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'm in a bit of a pickle. For years, I've been a die-hard NBA fan, but I'm slowly transitioning my loyalties to the NFL.

For years, I've pulled for Denver and San Fran for political reasons; Seattle bc I honeymooned there and love the city. So my favorite teams are the Broncos, 9ers, and Seahawks.

I'm nearing the edge of football fandom where I have to pick a team once and for all.

I would post this in the Superbowl thread but I love alcohol as much as I love football. So WDT friends: help me pick a team!

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I defend the NBA alot, mostly with people who say it is not entertaining because of a lack of defense. College basketball is my favorite sport, mostly due to my diehard Marquette fanship and the pageantry of it all. But, as a fan of basketball as a sport, the NBA is arguably more fun to watch in a technical sense. In college, you will see good teams lose games to bad teams simply cause they aren't good enough on that night and those games are UGLY. And there are ALOT of a bad teams, even in major conferences.

The NBA and its season length are an issue, I agree, but if you're a basketball fan and you can't appreciate a offensive duel between the Warriors and the Clippers, or Durant, Lebron, or Paul George going off, then you either have a predisposed bias against the NBA or you're one of those idiot Big 10 fans that think a defensive match up with teams eating all 35 seconds and taking marginal shots leading to a 45-40 game is PURE BASKETBALL. There is so much talent in the NBA right now that there are multiple teams I love watching (Warriors, Clippers, Thunder, Pacers, Bulls when healthy, Blazers). Its just a shame the imbalance between the Western and Eastern conferences is how it is.

The NCAA tournament is the best competition in all of sports, but damn I love watching two foolishly good basketball players take over NBA games. That's also why there is an imbalance compared to the NHL too. A single player in the NBA can play 90% of the time and absolutely dominate and control a game. In hockey, you're playing maybe 35% at most so you're impact isn't quite as pronounced, short of a hot goalie.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I'm a good fan; I root for my hometown teams unlike some of the other posters on this board.

I've tried to get into college basketball but it's just not as fun to watch as the pro game. The 35 second shot clock is way too long and the style of game is unappealing to me. I also hate the NCAA and feel like somewhat of a tool for supporting it in any fashion whatsoever.

Edit:

Funny how Jwags describes exactly what I don't like about the style of the college game and, un-coincidentally, my local college team plays in the Big 10.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The NCAA is a monster joke. The fact the players aren't to be paid from their respective universities from their jersey sales, and yet its the worst secret ever the best players get recruited with cash. The suspensions each university may receive for various violations is inconsistent and it takes forever for them to figure out "appropriate" punishment, this is clearly due to each University's influence and power. Hell a guy from Miami paid for an abortion and yet they got slapped on the wrist. Don't know how it gets worse than that.

The NCAA is a joke, the industries it supposedly regulates are far more powerful and influential than it could ever hope to be. The NCAA is fine when regulating volleyball and fencing, but its impossible for it to regulate money sports like football and basketball.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What, you can't even respect the easy-to-follow gambling format?

10. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I've told this story but last year I saw this dude put 185 on the bar, lift it off the rack, had his buddy take a picture with him holding the weight arms locked out, re-racked the weight and then did reps of 115.

Most of the fat military wives have already dropped out of their resolutions. However, there is a fat fuck military husband who comes to the gym, somehow this guy is always there at the same time I am and working the same shit I am. The other day this hippo was curling 50's while wildly swinging his hips to get momentum while trying to make eye contact with me in the mirror as I'm doing curls.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I thought the gyms on base were packed until we moved back here and I get to use the gym on campus. The new rec center is an amazing facility and huge but not huge enough for all the people who want to use it. I am constantly bumping into people there. It would be slightly better if the dumbass bleach blonds with twig arms would go home instead of strutting around. No, doing lunges across the weight room with 2.5lb weights does not count. Pisses me off to no end because they are taking up valuable real estate.

12. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, college gyms fucking suck, and their filled with people taking up tons of space or doing dangerous shit. At least base gyms most people are courteous. Korea was unaccompanied so no dependents, even at peak hours that gym wasn't bad. Germany... good god it's packed all the fucking time and it isn't even open 24 hours.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But college gyms have the highest percentage of banging hot coed ass of any type of gym. I mean after quantity/quality and access to weight lifting equipment the eye candy has to be the 2nd most important feature of selecting a general purpose gym.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, that doesn't count. I want to meet the diabolical human being that convinced stupid gym goers. " Sure, just grab a couple of single-digit dumbells and lunge two laps around the indoor track, it's exercise!"

....no, no, no. I simply refuse to believe that does anything at all. If you're not a full-blown athlete if you don't ache and sweat you're doing it wrong. Ten minutes on a row machine isn't exercise. Walking on a treadmill for 15 isn't exercise. One super-heavy curl weight rep isn't exercise and stupid. Skipping for three minutes isn't exercise.

I'm trying to figure out if Zumba is excercise or Tai Bo-inspired bullshit. A power class makes sense to me, but Zumba looks like what women do on loudspeakers at bars and women could simply dance on a nightclub floor for an hour, they'll sweat more plus there's the added challenges of dodging sweaty people's shoulders and throbbing hard-ons thrusting out at you like spiked booby-traps.

15. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ehh, I go to the gym to workout. I can stare at ass any other time of day. Plus I hate it when people look or talk to me when I'm at the gym so I just don't look or talk to people there unless I have to. Gyms should have a "no phones on the floor rule" where if you're actively texting or talking on a phone while working out you are punished by being slowly suffocated with increasing amounts of 45lb plates being placed on your chest.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah Im generally the same way and rarely if ever talk with others while in the gym. BUT, or should I say BUTT, you really don't find a more laser focused area of life of concentrated hot athletic ass. Im guessing the girls would be too disgusted to talk with me anyway with my tongue on the floor.

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I think saying that meggings are silly isn't really transphobic at all by itself, but the author takes a lot of weird potshots before she even gets to that point that definitely are transphobic. Took the article in a real weird direction.

18. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

True, there are times where I struggle, especially when you're on a machine that faces an aisle way and some girl with an ass so fat you could see it from the front walks past you in yoga pants.

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

So they like to...win or not win? What exactly are you complaining about?

Where are you getting this information from? You should obviously rest players sometimes if they're old or injured, but nobody is trying to sneak into the playoffs to have to face much tougher seeds. The Heat, who won it all last year, won 27 regular season games in a row. You think they weren't trying hard?

Here are the seedings for the last 5 NBA finals:

(1 vs. 2) (1 seed won)

(2 vs. 2) (2 seed won)

(2 vs. 3) (3 seed won)

(1 vs. 4) (1 seed won)

(1 vs. 3) (1 seed won)

Notice anything? Three of the last five championships were won by the team that won the most games in their conference. No title has been won by a team lower than third. No seed lower than fourth has even made the finals. It turns out that good teams in the regular season are usually good teams in the playoffs. If you don't like watching basketball, just say that, but at least try to think through your arguments a little bit.

San Antonio regular season Western Conference finishes in the last three years:

Second, first, first. They're a half game out of first place this season.

Do they rest players? Absolutely. But your theory is based on absolutely nothing, and is counter to even a cursory factual check.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Do you guys like impressions? Here's my impersonation of the San Antonio Spurs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "He TOUCHED me!!!! He actually TOUCHED my person!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I was hit with a beam of light TECHNICAL!!!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Ref, do you forget the rules of the foul apply different here than every other team?"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...Spot-on, yes? Never has there been a franchise with more whiney, crybaby bitches in the history of professional sports. It's called "The Spurs Face" and it happens so often it's pretty much a drinking game.

Bitch, bitch, BITCH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.