Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 1/14/2022[NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I want to hear more about your squabble. Did you call her dumb? Did the kids see you cry and slam the door?

My reference points encouraged me to guess a dumb word so I got it on the 6th try. I'm better than that. By 1 at least.

Today is national dress your pet up. I have reindeer antler headbands for Christmas and ridiculous Halloween costumes that the dogs look absolutely pathetic in. Also a sweater for the girl because her bald belly isn't built for snow. Do you dress your pets up?

Here's a question for the peanut gallery. How do you set your thermostat in the winter? I set ours low and put an oil filled electric radiator in the kiddo's room. Our room is the coldest in the house and I've worn a hat to bed a few times. Hubs does not approve.

Happy Friday you idiots. Get crunk and stay safe.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got it in 3 today, but it was because I made a very useful guess on #2. I've had it take me 5 or 6 before where I could have guessed better. It's fun, but I think I am very average at it.

Edit 2:

upload_2022-1-14_15-51-58.png

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

1. It was not a flattering conversation on my part. Today was her first time playing and she kept trying to use an “S” after I repeatedly explain to her what the gray tiles meant. She eventually got close on the second to last guess and I even gave her a hint, but being a stubborn Sicilian, she ignored me and lost. I then asked if she was retarded.

2. No, I’m not dressing my pet up. My dog is too lazy and my cat took a shit inside my daughter’s winter coat this morning right before they had to leave for daycare, so I’m cross with him.

3. I have my smart thermostats on a schedule. 66 at night, 68 during the day, except for the living room since that’s where our wood stove is. We have a heat pump, so thankfully we don’t use too much oil.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like your wedding should have answered that question.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dang, I've never seen this type of crash before. George McQuinn, US Olympic hopeful. His head slammed back into the ramp, so by the time he went airborne, he was already out cold. (He's okay.) At about 0:17 seconds:

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It did, just the other way around. She’s smarter and better educated, I’m just insecure.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We keep ours at 68* if we're home but I have to wear wool socks, sweats and a long sleever.

If it's really cold outside (in the 40's), then we'll get the woodstove going and get the house up to high 70's. It's glorious.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bought three of those plug-in oil radiators when the furnace shit the bed last week, thinking I’d return them after the new furnace was running. Ill be keeping them, because three of them evenly spaced out kept the house above 60° for three full days when the outside temps were between 5-15°. Great purchase. I returned the shitty little space heaters I bought just in case though.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have seen that happen, but not a skier at that level of skill. Scary stuff, it’s great that he’s even walking after something like that happens.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

63 at night (at 10pm), 72 during the day (kicks on at 7:30am, gets there about 8:30am). I crank it up to 73-74 if it's especially cold or blowing out... as in -20°C or below, just to get that extra chill out of the air.

My bathroom in-floor heating is a constant 80°F.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, on cold days where you just want to be more cozy, I'll kick on the gas fireplace and just let it run. After it warms up, a fan kicks on and blows hot air into the room. It's a 2 storey split, and the fireplace is downstairs in the rec room, so the heat floats up to fill the upstairs quite well.

Not sure what temp it gets to, but the remote for it is set to shut it off if it hits 85 in the room. It's done that a time or two.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen someone lose it on the ramp, but they didn't hit their head before launching. They had no control in the air, and definitely fucked up their back on landing, but they were conscious the whole time.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

They are cheaper to run compared to other space heaters, and much safer too. You don't get that burst of heat but they are great for supplying steady, quiet, constant heat. I keep the baby room door closed and keep it on a low setting for a room temp of about 70.

I've had the thermostat on 62 since we had that cold pop of -3F and the auxillary heat kicked in. It was at 68 before that. Our bedroom is distinctly colder than the rest of the house, being on the north side of the house and over the garage. I should put a thermometer in here, I bet it's about 50 or 52.

We need to upgrade the windows. We have a shitton of them and some are noticeably drafty.

I'd love a wood or pellet stove downstairs, it would help heat the whole house and there's a stove pipe cap ready to go. I think there's a federal rebate on energy efficient stoves right now...

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I see I'm an outlier, even by Canadian standards.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

50 or 52?!?! No offense but fuck that noise. That's insane.

It's 65* outside today and I have my office space heater on.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I told hubs to think of it like camping. He was not impressed with the comparison. We got a couple extra blankets and let the dog sleep between us. I also wore the owl earflap hat my mom crotcheted. Very stylish.

I grabbed a thermometer. It's 58 in the downstairs and 57 in this bedroom. It's definitely colder at night though, I think the sliding glass door is quite drafty.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My house is pretty well insulated, I spend most of my time in the finished basement, and my natural gas furnace is only a year old, so I keep my thermostat set to either 67 or 68 depending on what's going on outside.

My brother lives in a drafty hundred year old farmhouse with a furnace that burns fuel oil, so he keeps his at one degree higher than wherever the kids' teeth start chattering.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got my second concussion (and started skiing with a helmet afterwards) in Jackson Hole, WY. A buddy and I were skiing this little creek valley jump the day before. They were filming promo stuff and there were lots of people there doing killer jumps and tricks. Next day we decided to head back over there first thing. They weren't filming anymore, and there weren't many people around. My buddy says to me, "dude you've got to get big air. Huge." So, I was like, aight, I'm just going to launch higher than I'd ever done. I hit the lip and got too far back, spent the whole time in the air trying to recover, landed on my skis and immediately slammed my head back on the snow. Lights out night night yard sale. I'm glad I didn't have to land unconscious.

19. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never turn the heat on at all.

My brother was off-duty ski patrol at the time we watched the guy eat it. Brother went to examine him and the only thing the guy was worried about was whether my brother was going to bust him for drugs. "No, I'm ski patrol you idiot, I'm not a cop. Now get your dumb ass to a hospital, I can feel bone where there shouldn't be bone."

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since switching to geothermal, we keep the thermostat set to a minimum of 68, even at night. During the day I’ll kick it up to 70, especially on colder days. And funny enough, my wife will complain it’s too warm.

We also have a propane fireplace which is
    nice when you want it really cozy.

We’re a month in to this new system and between this and the better insulation in certain parts of the house, it’s been an amazing improvement. We have about a foot of snow coming Sunday and it occurred to me that unlike the past 15 years, I don’t have to beef up the firewood closer to the outdoor boiler. It’s pretty awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.