Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Watch Pamela Anderson's Explicit New Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Ness, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Human beings are omnivores. Our digestive system and dentition are designed for consumption of whatever dietary opportunity presents itself.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see all of you bashing on whale killing. I think we need to apply a litmus test to it. Have you ever eaten a whale? If it tastes disgusting, I say let it live. But if it tastes yummy, we should probably find a way to farm them, and eat them all.

I tend to side with not killing whales, because Sea World would suck without them.

3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know, a friend and I, for the last few years, have been attempting to eat all the exotic types of animals and fish out there. So far, we've had;

Ostrich
    Rabbit
    Frog
    Gummy shark
    Squirrel (tastes awful)

I doubt I can bring myself to ever eat dog or cat meat (too close to man), but I'm interested in further trying out

Whale
    Horse (World-class mixed martial artist Alistair Overeem credits eating this every day for his strength)
    Elephants (probably expensive as all hell)

4. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Apparently the closest meat to man meat is Pork, and many firefighters avoid pork products for this very reason.

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I meant in the sense that we have dogs and cats as pets, and they're domesticated and friendly to humans.

Pigs are significantly more intelligent than either cats or dogs, and I consider them a majestic and cool-looking animal. (If you've never seen one at a farm, you should. Pigs are GIGANTIC; they can grow to the size of a horse or small cow)

They're also one of my absolute favorite types of meat. I love eating pork.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that pigs are the ultimate, perfect animal.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hear that eating horse is a traditional German thing? Not sure where I heard that.

As far as I know, we're the only country that eats the animals on our coat of arms (kangaroo and emu - which were picked because they're two animals that can't go backwards). It's a little contentious to some people, but kangaroos do get into plague proportions and require culling, and both animals are farmed. I've had kangaroo but not emu.

Kangaroo meat is pretty gamy, but is very rich in protein with not much fat. It's not to everyone's taste and is often used in pet food.

My dad's had crocodile, which he said tastes like salty chicken.

And there's a reason that human meat is referred to as "long pork".

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Agreed, they don't look it but pigs are very shrewd with near dolphin-like intelligence (but stubborn as fuck). They are also not to be fucked with. A pissed-off adult males can tear your hand off in seconds if they really wanted to. As far as food goes? One word:

BACON.

Thus endeth thy lesson.

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The trump card has been played. All other arguments are null and void.

This is also a true statement. I went to a hog farm to replace some worn out gates in the pens. As we were walking through the hogs were nipping at our achilles tendons and they weren't pissed, just testing us. It took a hard shove, slight kick to the snout, to get them to leave us alone. If for no other reason I eat as much bacon as possible. Yes it is out of spite, that shit hurts.

The fact is that this is where our food supply comes from. Yes some farmers take it to extremes but they are a minority.

9. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This isn't on topic, but a quick question..... I've heard that people are completely safe in pig pens as long as they stay standing, because pigs cannot turn their heads. Ie.,,, their heads can only remain perpendicular to the ground and not parallel. So you're safe unless you fall down.
    Is this true? Or does it fall into the fallacy grouping that you run in a zig zag manner to get away from a alligator?

10. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The indegenous Aboriginal people were eating kangaroo and emu for well over 20 000 years before the British came along and well and trully fucked everything up for them.

Anyone that protests about the eating of Kangaroo is ignorant and/or plain stupid.
    Kangaroos in Australia are plentifull and are perfectly adapted to the Australian environment.

One way to think of them is as big bouncy cute looking rats.

As for Emus .... its just a big bush chicken.

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

False, they can reach up over a 36" gate pretty easily. We use 42" most of the time to keep them where they belong. I would say they mainly test you to see what they can get away with and you're not in any great danger. Just like working with cattle or other semi-domesticated animals you have to make sure you've got an out at all times and pay attention to the way they are acting. They start getting riled up, get out because they can do some real damage.

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Fixed that for you.

13. Firefnd1982

Firefnd1982
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I originally wrote this in a PM to Solaris concerning this post thinking that i was a few pages back in the conversation.

I have never known a firefighter to avoid pork for this reason. If you, Solaris, are suggesting that cooking pork smells like burnt human flesh you are way off fucking base. I have smelled burnt human flesh, its not a pleasant experience. Burnt human flesh in no way smells like cooking pork. Or could it be that you are suggesting cooked pork tastes like cooked human flesh? If that is the case, i would ask how you or any firefighter would know what the hell human tastes like.