Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm watching. The good thing is, since no one else is, I don't have to worry about spoiler tags. The 90 minute show where Carl died was waaaaay too long. Chandler Riggs did fine, but the best acting of the episode was Darryl's one line: "These people? You saved all of them." Or whatever he said. The rest dragged our too much.

This week, the shredder at the dump was awesome. Mmmmm, hamburger! And, I guess the helicopter tease is intriguing? I don't read the comics, so I dont know what that's all about.

It's not that good, but I'm too invested to not keep watching to see how it ends.

2. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have also spent way too much time on this show to quit. Like Rush said, it's not that good. It's one of those shows that I'll set the dvr and catch it later. I don't bother trying to be home to see it live anymore, it's just not worth it.

3. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just caught up on the last two episodes, and it's refreshing to see Rick being a real badass again. Runs Negan right off the fucking road, then empties a clip at him. When he threw that axe I started getting hard. Everyone watching knew he wasn't going to actually get him, but it was still a proper tense moment, which we don't see from this show all that often anymore.

4. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not sure how I feel about the finale. Looks like next season will be a nice change of direction, and I'm interested to see how the conflict between Maggie and Rick will play out. I'm actually relieved they didn't end it with something majorly suspenseful.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anybody watch the season premiere? I recorded it but haven't watched yet. In all the promos, the show looks so fucking full of itself I'm really not interested. Every ad plays like "yes, we murdered a lot, and made lots of tough moral choices, but . . . tada! Utopia is here! Our goodness will beat back this horrible virus!"

6. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I watched because I've watched every season to this point, and I can tell you that this season will probably be the worst. The fact that they're getting rid of Rick has me somewhat interested in how they'll do that, but nothing else really interests me about it anymore.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hopefully, zombies will eat his face while he's blathering on something about "We should all love more because Core-ull would've wanted it that way." And then Darryl will be all, "you mean how you loved Shane by stabbing him in the gut since you knew he was Judith's real father?"

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, fucking a, it's about time one of the leaders got some balls. Too bad it was Maggie. Ep 1

This show is God awful - fucking 8 horses can't pull a wagon through mud but 5 people can? Oookay - but, there are compelling parts. Thank God for fast forward button.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Come on man, that horses were TIRED! These are things we wouldn't even be prepared for if there was a zombie apocalypse...

Yeah. Stupid.

It looks like Rick's final episode is gonna be a weird-ass "This is Your Life" that brings back some old favorites. Probably an admission from the show runners that ratings are gonna go into an even bigger dive.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The first episode and a half of this season were god-awful. But, the rest have been at least as good as last year. (Which isn't saying much.) What I hate, is that they are going to fucking tease the helicopters until the last episode of the season. Which means the actual reveal next year is going to be such a let down. (I don't know the comic, so maybe that's in there, too.) I don't care if Rick dies - every character has simply ceased being important - but, I was hoping he'd go out a little differently than getting eaten. I figured there was going to be some explosion needed to divert the water that would take out the all-important bridge* and the only way to save everybody was for him to physically hold the blasting cap or something. i.e. He'd have some grand sacrifice of himself to save others. It will be nice to see Hershel and Glenn and Corrull, and Beth and Merl and whoever else they trot out for the flashes.

*Everything they have been through / improvised / worked around during the entire show, and this bridge is so important? Ridiculous.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you really pay attention - Lauren Cohan’s acting is the most god-awful thing on the show. Scowl and mutter, girl.

I thought that Rick would jump in front of Negan or some shit like that, and then everybody would have it be their life changing moment and they’ll all work together. Anything to make Negan somewhat interesting other than a cocky ass.

Eugene and Negan are very similar - you’re not concerned with what they’re doing or saying, you’re just enjoying how they say it.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cohan is gone soon. She's leaving the show as well, but I don't know if she dies.

Well, damn.
    That was a pretty close guess! I'll give the show people credit - I didn't see Rick exiting for future spinoff movies, or that he would be taken off in the helicopter.

Having Maggie and Rick and Carl and Glenn all gone, and now doing a 6 year time jump certainly adds a little more interest to the show for me.

Although, it looks like in 6 years, Negan is still in prison? Weird.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Show is better than it was last year. Nice zombie movie / horror touches in last night's episode.

14. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still watching it, Rush? This is like my guilty pleasure MST3K-style tiffing show every week.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I started watching again based on a recommendation from a friend who stuck with it. Did the show get new writers or something? Why is this season actually amazing? I havent watched a chunk of season 7 or any of season 8, and Im not sure I need to. From what I remember from the comics, its getting pretty close to being caught up overall story-wise, even though its completely different.

The Whisperers are legit and the most recent episode ending was probably one of the best scenes in the entire show.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still watching. But, I haven't watched the last three because I've been busy and have chosen other shows / movies over it in my spare time. I need to catch up, it sounds like.

I'm not sure if there are new writers, but there is a new (old) Showrunner / EP. Angela Kang took over that spot. She had been with the show for a few years, but has definitely infused a fresh perspective. I think getting rid of Andrew Lincoln helped, too, allowing the writers to give good content to others and help the actors come out from his shadow.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa. Was not expecting the
    heads on sticks moment, or which heads were on there.
    They've put up a pretty decent recovery for the show after I thought it had totally gone to shit.