Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead: Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 14, 2013.

1. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck that was rough.

Baby is in a papoose on Tyrese's back.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ooooh ok. I didn't see it there. And yes that was a crazy episode.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well done episode, the lost all hope in humanity played just a bit different than the usual here. Another plus is we have two less child actors fucking up shitty lines.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was fucking shocking, but it was set-up well. When she first killed the rabbits, I was like, "Uh-oh, there is some seriously weird shit here. All serial killers start with small animals." That was fucking sad, because it just came out of nowhere. I was at least expecting her to do some shit like leave her to die, not actually kill her herself. Holy fucking shit, I'm going to have nightmares. That was just so wrong...

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole time my coworker and i were watching it we were like, "These two girls are too broken to live successfully in this world. They're gonna have to die." Mika might have been able to live, could have toughened up over time. Lizzie was just broken.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For that people who didn't catch the small connection, the fire was the one set by Daryl and Beth started. They keep making little visual notes that these people are actually probably within 1-2 miles of each other, but just aren't looking for the signs.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm looking forward to when they eventually meet up and everyone's like, "Where are the little girls?" And then everyone looks over at an embarrassed Carol.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean she might admit it at some point, like everything else losing two small defenseless children to zombies is kind of the norm I don't think people would look too hard into it.

9. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just look at the flowers. Look at them.

The fact they have us not like Carol for killing a couple people (for logic) and then have us then sit here and say "what choice does she have" is just a well written let's fuck with the audience. Great episode, and all made sense, broken kid, bad things happen, not just sitting in the prison saying meh.

This season has certainly been much better, however at what point did they really think it was a good idea to leave her alone with out supervision. Shit Carol found her trying to smother the baby Quigly Down Under style.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No one but the audience saw Lizzie trying to smother the baby. And i was never mad at Carol for killing the sick people. She's a pragmatic lady, and I agreed with her reasoning.

11. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I get that it was supposed to be "only we knew" but Carol walked up as she was doing it, always irked me she didn't notice since she has no qualms about similar actions but for better reasons.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

A few things about this season:

-I hope we see more of ginger Hulk Hogan in the future. He's the only character with a shred of a sense of humor, something that this show lacks severely. Hell, Breaking Bad was as dark as it gets and still managed to have funny moments.
    -The whole Glenn-Maggie thing is finally resolved, but did anyone really care? So they both risk lives in their groups for their reunion?
    -One thing that always bugs me about this show is how quickly people turn into violent psychopaths. They're what, 2 years after the outbreak? It just makes the Governor, and eventual Negan sagas seem somewhat unrealistic. I just doubt it would be that quick.
    -The second thing is the number of survivors. Even if the people in that universe had no concept of zombies ahead of time, I would just think there would still be a lot more survivors than small, sparse bands of people. You would at least expect a Woodbury or Terminus in very town.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what that means but thanks for blowing it before I find out.

I was kind of touched with the Maggie Glenn reunion. He really didn't ask anyone to risk anything. I'm not really sure how Maggie risked her party? The neck beard guy was wanting to go after them before Maggie and her crew showed up. Also, did I miss the scene where they said fuck a working car lets just walk down these train tracks that the car could easily drive down?

I don't know the comic series, maybe the loser dude they HAVE to get to Washington plays a big role. Honestly his schtick is super annoying. The show hasn't explained a lot. I too would expect more survivors or just a hell of a lot bigger swarms of zombies.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

No worries, nothing is spoiled. So much has happened differently in the show in different orders and with different characters (e.g. Daryl doesnt even exist in the comics) that I have no idea where the show is going next, aside from some of the bigger locations and Im assuming with the similarly named characters.

It was a good to see them reconcile, Glenn is one of the best characters on the show. But it just seemed like "Well this guy says he can save the world, but screw it; gotta find my lady."

They could have picked a much better character to play this guy. Seriously. Its like hes the only neckbeard that survived a zombie apocalypse.

15. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somewhere in the back of his mind must be the thought, "But we've been to CDC Headquarters, spoke to the Last Scientist on Earth, he didn't say jack shit about a solution in DC..."

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's be clear if it came down to choosing between a mulleted idiot who spouts off about video games and how fine dem asses are and a hot piece of trim you are married to. One billion times out of a billion I am taking my hot wife. Even if it's the end of the world and he could have an idea that solved everything.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's good that the small groups are starting to merge again. I think Rick is now my least favorite character on the show. It's only a matter of time before Daryl sticks a knife up through that crazy guy's throat. WTF happened to Beth? Maybe she'll be at Terminus already?

Will Terminus be a good place, or some kind of crazy survival cult place? The poll on Talking Dead had like 86% voting that it would be worse than Woodbury.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Terminus has to be some cult place, something crazy is going on. Everything looks so fresh and clean, but there is no one around except for that lady. She can't be doing all of that work.

So it was confirmed that the group Daryl is with is the same group that took the House Rick & Gang went to. Still think its stupid out of all the houses, they chose the same ones. Now they want to kill Rick because he killed one of theirs. We're going to see where Daryl gets off that train. Saw some internet picture that Mary was wearing Beth's sweater, but I don't know about that. We'll see eh?

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

By the way, Mary that met them at Terminus? That's Denise Crosby, Tasha Yar from the first couple seasons of Star Trek:TNG

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Thanks, nerd.