Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead: Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 14, 2013.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will third wanting Carl to get bitten. He was being an annoying little bitch of a kid. That being said, I thought it was a great episode. To me it did what that show should do and that's show the emotional struggle these people are going through. How you transition from normal life to that kind of life. How a teenage kid struggles to become a man in the eyes of his farther and the struggles of the father when that happens. What do you want from the show? Do you want them mowing down armies of zombies, one after the other. This isn't a hack and slash b-movie it's a television drama. So in the future instead of watching The Walking Dead please just watch Zombie Apocalypse instead so we don't have to hear your pointless bitching.

2. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. Reminds me of David Chase talking about fans of the Sopranos bitching when they didn't think enough people were getting whacked.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhh like it's been stated before we want good drama. Hell the endless zombie killing gets lame. The first episode was right on par with the "meh" this show has been going for a long while. I honestly wasn't impressed with the first episode this past week. At least it looks like we get to see Daryl again this week.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If this show to be canceled next season, I wouldn't even care.

5. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At least Abraham has finally showed up, although I have a feeling its going to be a major disappointment per the way everything has gone for the first half of the season.

6. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You guys have to watch this. Made me cry with laughter.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE</a>

7. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Next week on Walking Dead, tune in for more Lara Croft cosplay!

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That girl was very hot. But I don't understand her need to constantly make sure shes always cute and attractive. The people on this show don't typically give two shits about how they look to another person. Vanity is usually last on the list.

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She cares because the show cares, just like it knew to film her bending over to pick up Glen's picture from *just* that angle.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am enjoying this season way better than like the last two (maybe even three). The show is much better when they focus on 2-4 people at a time instead of trying to have 50 things boiling at once. Then again, you can say that about any show with a major cast not named Game of Thrones.

What I'm not fucking getting is why no one shouts "WALKERS!" or "ZOMBIES" anytime a situation like what happened with Glenn & Abraham comes up. Shouting "HEY, HEY" doesn't fucking make any sense. At this point you should be scared of zombies, but not irrationally petrified to not know when to shout your codeword.

Also, let Lara Croft be fucking hot. Leave her alone. You forget this show is run by nerds, for nerds. Also, rationally speaking, people do sometimes cling on to the dumbest shit because they feel like its them. If she was one of those stupid selfie girls before the shit went down and valued her looks above all else, she's going to prioritize it accordingly.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean you'd think by this stage of the game with scavenging for food and walking everywhere everyone would be emaciated. She was hot. The show needs to go somewhere this last half of the season. Everyone is just kind of wondering around and these supposed army guys are the only thing that seem to have a direction. Though it screams that these two dudes are lying about Washington and guy knowing how to stop everything.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The "scientist" dude is just a ball hair away from being the Rainman. And he probably rapes women while shitting his pants. It just seemed out of place that they looked so clean and well fed for being in this situation.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kept waiting for Glenn to be like, "Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on your boy there. We were at the CDC when it still had power and comms, and they didn't know what the fuck was up, even with their giant functional disease specific lab. So this hillbilly mullet-headed aspergers fucktard sure as shit doesn't know either. In any case, there's no Washington DC left to go to, or we would have heard about it from more than one buck toothed yokel. You are pants-on-head retarded. Peace, I'm out" *drops mike*

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately they're not going to keep it going, because they're going to fire the showrunner and fuck shit up, but these smaller character focuses are something they needed in season 2, because now they're filling us in on shit, and at the same time, giving themselves boundaries on how these people should act. Now they should focus on more than two people, but I liked the approach. I wish there was more forward progress somehow, like a hint on how they were going to meet up with the rest of the group. But this episode is one of the better character developing ones.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, this episode was fucking great. I know everyone is busy jerking themselves off and patting themselves on the back for loving True Detective (and they should) but this show is having a fucking Renaissance. They've stuck with the focus on smaller groups of survivors and fleshing the characters out like they should have done 2 years ago. Things have slowed down, and they're not trying to do too much. Its like AMC freaked out and was like "OH SHIT WE HAVE NO REAL CHARACTER DRAMAS NOW. FIX THE WALKING DEAD FOR REAL GUYS. NO SERIOUSLY FIX IT!" These episodes are so much better.

16. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just have one question... WTF happened to Beth?? Going to drive me crazy until it's show.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just want to know the two bubbas plans on getting to DC!

18. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty sure she got taken by whoever was living in the funeral home. It's the most excitement the show's had all season, in my opinion.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm with Parker. I like that they've been focusing on smaller groups and getting back to it being about character. The Daryl/Beth episode may be one of my favorites they've ever done (and come on, you know those two are gonna fuck soon). Weird Bob and Cutty's sister are closer to being interesting now. Lauren Cohan is still goddamned gorgeous, even though her southern accent seems to have been cranked to 11 this season, when it was at about a 6 before. WAY LESS RICK. Always a good thing. And please, give me more Michael Cudlitz as Abraham, as soon as possible.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where's the little baby? It seemed ok crawling on the blanket. Is it dead?