Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead: Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Have at it people.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"The Wire" Dead was pretty not interesting last night. Until the last 2 minutes. So I assume we should expect a season of the normal formula. Although, the idea of the disease mutating is fun.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, pretty boring shit until the last 2 minutes, and it'll continue to be boring as long as they are in the prison.

4. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The disease is mutating? What'd I miss? Thought it was just something from working around pig shit with no hygiene.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So thats where Dixiebandit is.

6. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually the episode. One of the major gripes of previous seasons for a lot of people were that they didn't really explain basic things, such as Rick being clean shaven or whatever. The seemed to be covering that. I enjoyed the more basic humane stuff that they covered.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? The last fucking thing I'm concerned about them wasting time on is their grooming habits.

It can't be the drinking water or more people would be sick right? Can't he just have caught something normally and, died then zombified? Flying zombie water disease isn't exciting...unless it gets them out the prison.

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching it I thought he was just sick and died, therefore turning when he did. There is a disease in pigs that can transfer to humans and cause similar symptoms but I am too lazy to google it.

On ton of people need to get killed off and the core group needs to be back on the run, watching a bunch of people exist in a prison with little to no worries doesn't make for good tv.

9. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just going off what people seemed to spend a lot of time complaining about in previous seasons. At least they're listening to viewers to a certain degree.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So zombie Paul Pfeiffer is gonna kill a bunch of people and that's it for the jail?

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I agree cutting back to a core group and leaving the prison would be the best route. They need to strengthen individual characters instead of just throwing in a bunch of random new people and slowly killing them off after basically no character arcs. I'd say Michone has been the best new character added outside of Merle back in the picture last season. Both had stronger story lines than the litany of new survivors they introduced and killed off (see: prisoners, that one group of survivors, and most of the random Woodbury people). Though a mutated virus that kills rather than stay dormant until death seems cool and Im curious to see where that goes but if they don't start writing the characters better then Im not going to give a shit who catches Swine Flu.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the previews have shown something goes down in the prison, it can't just be old boy that bites people and gets it going. There needs to be something more interesting, and the Governor is still out there, he has to strike and do something. So much potential.

14. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought it was a good episode and had some promise for the season. Although I get the feeling that most of you want constant action, constant walkers, constant killing. Thus your desire for them to leave the prison. I think the prison is a good thing for the show. It's something that I could see happening if this were real. A nice little community that came together to survive.

Rick said it best in the show that you need numbers to survive. I think that was meant both in physically battling the walkers and mentally battling the hardships of the world they now live in. This was proven with the woman Rick encountered in the woods. It had been just her and her husband for so long that when he died she just kind of snapped and lost her grip on reality. They need that community in the prison to hold together and believe that there is hope of a better life.

Yes it might be a better action show if they left the prison with just the few characters, but it's not an action show. It's a drama and I personally watch it for the human element and how the people in this world adapt and change. Take a look at Beth and how she reacted to the news that Zach had died. This girl, who was so distraught earlier in the show that she tried to kill herself, doesn't cry when her boyfriend dies. Daryl was more emotional than Beth. To me that's what this show is about.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm hoping the upcoming spin off is more action oriented. Best of both worlds if that happens.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Season 4 premiere commanded a bigger audience than the finale of Breaking Bad.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe these people haven't devised a better way of handling the walkers against the fences than using old lady canes. You got miles of razor wire you couldn't rig up some long garrote to some fixed line and just drive by with it and decapitate all of them?

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show still sucks and yet I continue to watch.

19. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have lost your damn mind. Best show on tv and it isn't even close.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're trolling right? Troll me not. This show doesn't suck, its that it is an okay show with a mountain full of fucking potential five feet away from it and it does not reach for it. The world, the characters, the wide open options available...this show could be last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad good every week for the entire run and never ever gets there.

Why aren't there night time guards? I get them feeling a little safe, but slacking off that much? Come on. No one closing their doors at night even unlocked? Why is Michonne crying when she holds a baby? Why is Glenn remotely depressed when he's the only one getting it wet and his girl IS NOT pregnant? Why haven't the rats been found on earlier perimeter checks? Shouldn't they be using all the people to kill all the zombies on the gate before taking a break?