Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by gamecocks, Oct 15, 2012.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For real:

Attached Files:

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, everyone knows and thinks they've fucked Andrea up. She started off good, went really bad, had two small upticks this season, then back all down hill. She's a plot device, the only thing they can use to get some other stuff out the Guv'ner. Also, who the fuck is wearing a thong in a zombie apocalypse?

[​IMG]

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I just get angry when I see her stupid face. Her upper lip is so badly done, I cringe every time.

4. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I thought that scene was great. It showed where his mind could go, but that he wasn't willing to act on it... yet. A lot of my nerd friends who have read the comics have hated how The Governor has been portrayed on the show. I, for one, love it. (clarification: the comic-Governor would have raped her for a couple of days)

In the books, the dude is evil incarnate - the personification of tyranny. Which was awesome, but simplistic. I'm glad they've given him a little more personal depth in the series. I felt genuinely bad for him when Michonne killed his daughter, and unsure which of them would be on the right side of that confrontation morally.

And I think they've set his character up perfectly for the Hammer-of-God-Vengeance-Murderfest that he needs to go on in the second half of the season in order to keep the story in line with the books. But now his motivation is the loss of his daughter, not because Michonne mutilated him (she went into a little more depth in the comics).

Also... I love this series, but goddamn that gunfight was silly.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They need to flesh out Michonne. Give us fucking something. I'm really bad at handling the "I'm only going to say 5 words and leave out MASSIVE details that will make everything 100x easier" characters. I don't like it and I rarely meet these people rarely exist in real life. The most she talked with when all the guns were pulled on her and Rick had her sword. Silliness.

I thought that gun fight was exciting, but they obviously maxed out their budget so they had to keep the perspective weird, and not keep a real gunfight. The only thing about it that got me was the swapping of black people. Hello Cutty from the Wire, goodbye Oscar from the jail.

The whole conversation with what's his face and Carol being a lesbian because of her hair is hilarious. I get you've been in jail, but "You're 17...interesting" is a bad line. Can't blame the guy though. Looks like Carl is keeping a lock on his girl then. Also, don't get the quick return to the room by the Guv'ner for Michonne or Angela's quick acceptance of fish tanks "prepares me for the ugly outisde". I would have called bullshit, maybe she will, I hope she does. Also she should have freaked out more with the keeping of the zombie daughter like she did about the people in the barn.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Good ending. My middle school English teacher would say that killing the Gov's daughter was symbolically killing his last shred of humanity and losing his eye probably symbolizes something else, maybe his sanity in his leadership. Either way, the nerds can suck a egg. I like the guy that's playing him.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kept waiting for Cutty to order a re-up

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought switching up black people for no real reason was weird.

Also, what the fuck is a Mid Season Finale? Just show the whole season like a regular show, I hate that shit.

Now bring back Walter White AMC.

8. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the former Losties who watch, I thought this was utterly fucking hilarious, from Damon Lindelof's Twitter.

[​IMG]

9. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They had to bring in Tyrese somehow, although they certainly didn't have to kill off the other guy. I knew that I recognized the actor, but I couldn't place him until your comment.

I am curious how they will play the second half of the season. It will be interesting to see how close they follow the comics. I hope they will throw a couple of surprises in.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I really really hope that something happens with the mob that allows Darrel to get away. I know 99% of the cast is just rotating zombie chow but he is my favorite character. Please oh please let him live.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He will definitely live, far to popular. I'm thinking that they both escape and perhaps (reaching here) the Guvnah set it up to get Merle as his inside man in the prison.

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Walking Dead Season 3

That's exactly what I thought when I watched the episode, perfect way to get him into the prison, although no one will trust him after he beat the shit outta Glen.

Keep waiting for Rocco and Connor to show up, can't look at Darrel without thinking about the scene in Boondock Saints where the cat dies.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I dunno, the gov seems like he went off the deep end and Merle seemed pretty surprised. I think the timing is right and Merle could offer Rick's people good info, but he's got problems. Plus, how those problems are dealt with considering who his brother is and how important his brother is to the group should be interesting.

14. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I too was excited to see that at least some of the Baltimore crew survived the zombies to sling and keep kids off the skreet for another day. Too bad the token cast members don't survive long enough to meet each other...."yo bro, I'm playing the respectable-been-to-prison but now reformed gang member in the show now." Oh yah sorry man I thought this gig was longer because Omar is gone...

As for Merle, even if he escapes or aids in the escape you can never trust him, he has always been a psychopath. Put a bullet in his brain execution quick because he's only got one arm left to cuff while the other one is pushing the knife in your back.

15. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

He's in a couple shots from the "next time on The Walking Dead" trailer.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I never watch those things for that reason exactly. They often time contain spoilers or key plot points that explain cliffhangers in the most recent episode. I just can't like that.

17. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does anyone else want to get rid of that bullshit "Talking Dead" after show?

At the very least they need to eliminate any in-show commercials for it. I can't count how many times there's been an intense scene and then they cut to that gelled-up dwarf blurting "OHHHHH SNAP!" lines into the camera. I'm just waiting for the tines of a pitchfork to burst through his chest because someone thought he was a walker, and that's how they announce the ending of that useless squawking twat session.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stop singling him out.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should have seen his stand-up special. It was god awful. It was "I'm a nerd! I like nerd things! Yay!!!"

20. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God, how awesome would it be to see characters from "The Wire" trying to make it in the zombie apocalypse?

- Chris "Zombie Maker" Partlow would be keeping his own 'cut walker-free with a well-used nail gun. Wee-Bay would have a bunch of fishtanks like the Governor, too...except his would be filled with fish.

- Cool Lester Smooth would have solved the whole mystery of the walking dead before Rick even woke up, and set himself up a nice little hideout full of handmade furniture in Orlando's old titty bar.

- Brother Mouzone would be able to move about the walkers freely because of his lack of any human heartbeat . He would, however sadly, be stuck reading the same old issues of Harper's for the rest of time.