Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by gamecocks, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Very much so. Is it so much to ask for Daryl to crossbow a zombie baby in the face? I don't think it is.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Daryl for president! Seriously, he is my favorite character on this show.

This episode wasn't super interesting or amazing, but every one can't be. I think it probably set up next week for action.

3. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure that Rick's crazy enough right now that the whole phone ringing thing could just be in his head.

4. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My guess is that Carol was calling every room looking for help, stranded somewhere after being separated.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I like it. That would make a lot of sense. There was always the assumption that she was alive (though it is possible she was eaten whole like Lorie).

Also, reading the fat thread made me wonder why there aren't more fat zombies. They are all skinny as shit. Are they using off their fat stores slowly? It's not like the clothes that they wear are oversized. Ok, I know it makes zero difference in terms of plot or anything, just a random thought I had today.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd bet $20 this is the truth. I'm also supremely disappointed at this being the truth. But I'm glad I got it out the way now as opposed to seeing it on Sunday.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How though? Rick turned off the generators to stop the siren, right? How's the phone getting power?

8. Whatthe...

Whatthe...
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

But it was a rotary phone which gets it's power from the phone line not from an outlet, so as long as the phone lines were still powered it would be able to ring. Seeing as communications are down, I think it's just the crazy calling.

9. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got this as a rep...
    Really? Rotary phones with electronic components inside just work when you pick one up and someone is on the other end? I didn't realize that they're essentially tin cans with string attached. The power goes through the phone lines and it still needs to come from somewhere.

Not to mention the fact that when you pick up a rotary phone, you still have to--you know--call someone. That call is routed through a switch. Even if the switch is only meant to route calls within the prison, it needs to be powered by something. There is no power.

So unless the phone is self-powered and directly connected to another self-powered phone--a design meant for only the most private of post-apocalpytic conversations--explain to me how that thing is ringing, phone wizard.

10. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

He turned off the generator running the sirens, sure. But that doesn't necessarily mean he turned off every generator. There was a lot going on at that moment after all.

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, it's pretty easy to explain.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry for the double post, I can't edit the one above. But regarding who is making the call...

Spoilers for anyone that hasn't read the comics.
    The phone calls are hallucinations in Rick's mind due to his psychotic breakdown.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

These cliffhangers! Good lord! I am about at the point where I wait til the end of the season and then torrent them all to watch back to back.

14. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Wasn't a big fan of that episode. I don't understand why they're soft-pedaling the Governor's insanity. Though, i'm hoping that the nerd's failed experiment finally triggers it in full (when he realizes he's never getting his daughter back).

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Shudder. The "gentile and charming" governor creeped me out in previous episodes, but this made me literally cringe watching it. Sexual threats like that really bother me, and to see him relishing the mental torture he was inflicting disturbed me even more. Obviously, this was the point of that scene, but still. I would rather see 100 T-Dogs get eaten by zombies or 50 Lories die from childbirth than to watch 1 rapey/mental torture scene.

Yeah, that's my official currency for this show. 100 Tdogs eaten to 50 Lories shot to 1 Maggie about to get raped.

16. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Was the show just censoring the rape scene? I mean in the comic holy shit its a fucking nightmare what goes on (gov vs. Different character entirely), so I don't know if we are to believe Maggie was actually raped or not.

Cant wait to see Milton get eaten alive. I'm thinking he goes out like a punk.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I sort of think she was raped but that they obviously couldn't show it. I mean, fuck. She was bent over a fucking table crying while he was standing and smiling creepily behind her. Ugh, I have to stop thinking about that scene.

18. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Very much not raped. He was fucking with her until he felt like she was near her breaking point. This show doesn't pull any punches. If she had been raped they would have made it more obvious- either through Glenn hearing it next door or her crying and naked on the floor afterwords.

19. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah. I cannot help but compare it to the comics, and they have really white washed the governor so far.

As far the show goes, Rick is more crazy than the Governor at the moment, possibly more so. Not as evil, but defiantly more nuts.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You have me convinced that she wasn't. This season's writers are awesome about giving you context clues and not just saying or directly showing something.

And while I'm gad that she wasn't, it doesn't make that scene any less creepy.