Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by gamecocks, Oct 15, 2012.

1. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just happy that he has a real name that is not T-dog. Did Carol ever show back up at the end? I know they saw her scarf, but I wasn't sure if she made it or we're not supposed to know yet. Also happy to have Hershel and his folksy wisdom back, and he can fight with crutches which is sweet. I'm looking forward to them making runs again, those are always some good scenes. For someone who's read the comics, do they kill Lauri off that early? I figured that has to be a big break from the comics.

Edit: Big props to T-dog for finally doing what someone who's been bit should have been doing the whole time and kamikaze some zombies to free up the uninfected folks.

2. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think that dialogue is also a factor. Carol, Herschel, and his blonde daughter aren't vital and don’t say much. The mechanic prisoner could be the new Dale and the prisoner who saved Rick is our new black guy. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost Carol and Hershel down the road so that Michonne and Andrea could join.

That episode felt like a season finale. I wonder what they have planned for the end.

3. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

First is the short answer (small spoiler). Second is the long answer (potentially huge spoiler... Im pretty sure it's what they're building for the season finale).

Yeah. In the books, Lori dies in this story arc (inside the prison). But just a little bit later. Her death is a pretty big plot point.

...In fact, she's gunned down with the baby in her arms as The Governor is laying siege to the prison. She and the baby die simultaneously.

[​IMG]

Like I said... season finale, I bet. It's fucking badass in the books.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless you know more about the future of the comics than we do, I don't think they're keeping the two prisoners along for long. Budget wise with the new Towns folk, they're just shifting money. Don't forget AMC is cash strapped and Walker make-up ain't cheap.

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On-topic but off-focus, had a dream about this show last night. In it, the walkers began to regain their cognitive functions and memory. And boy did they remember.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm just going to call the new black guy Token. This is getting ridiculous. I understand that you can't have a bajillion regulars because of casting costs, but they are pretty strict about keeping all their demographics covered and it becomes a little too predictable. Heaven forbid we have TWO black guys.

7. Capital

Capital
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Another comic spoiler:
    Rick, Carl, Andrea, Michonne. <-- The only characters with any longevity. The rest of the cast is basically a rotating zombie buffet.

I'm curious/worried about Daryl, though. He and his brother aren't in the comics.

8. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just realized that they probably didn't have Carol practice a C-section just to show someone watching her. They showed Rick running back to the corridor with a machette in the "next week on" segment. They didn't show Carl shoot Lori or Carol's body. Dammit that bitch is going to be alive and it is going to be the biggest fucking cop-out ever.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Carol is not dead based on the simple fact they're going to make us watch her and Daryl have creepy hillbilly sex.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm talking about Lori

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This season is a lot better about letting you inference obvious things based on context clues. Remember the opening scene where they were all starving? Where Carl found the dog food and Rick threw it away angrily? I don't think there was any need to directly show Carl shooting his mom in the brains. The flashback and the stony face was plenty for the audience to figure out what was happening, and painted a more dramatic picture to boot.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sure hope you're right. I just think that the scene with Carol practicing a C-section was in there for reasons other than letting the audience know they were being watched. Not having her make it back despite T-dog sacrificing himself did line up where she could have found Lori and given some medical help.

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly think Lori is done and I wouldn't be surprised if the prisoners die or get left behind when they go to save Carol. Would be kinda twisted if Rick had to run in with the machete to kill zombie Lori if Carl couldn't shoot her. I'm kind of rooting for that to be honest. I feel a little wrong saying that though.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No way Lori is alive. Too much acting on her exist for her to come back and be alive in anyway. She lost a ton of blood and Carl definitely shot that bitch in the head.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Christ this scene was rough

[​IMG]

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

El husband is such a turd sometimes. He thought that scene was ridiculous and an unrealistic look at Rick's feelings or whatever, but I was all torn up watching it. He made me watch this clip after that scene.

#76 bewildered, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think I've ever really criticized this show but this episode was a very weak in plot development, and medium weak in character development. Rick losing his shit was awesome. That was the most real and uncomfortable shit ever. Seeing Rick react to the walker that ate his wife, fucking nuts. He couldn't even mourn he dead body.

Woodbury, Woodbury, Woodbury, over two episodes you've really given us nothing. Was I shocked at the daughter thing? No. It is basically the same thing they did with the farm, just a step further. Walker ring wrestling? Much better than I thought it was going to be, I knew they wouldn't have children watch people get sacrificed.

Then Michonne, who they haven't made into a three dimensional character yet, looks crazy and leaves. I really cannot stand the entire "I know so much, but I don't talk" character archetype. Fucking talk. It is the dumbest shit. Why isn't she telling Andrea about the fresh blood and bullet holes on the truck? Or everything else? It is absolutely retarded. Hopefully this next episode fleshes her out a little more.

The only two real things that came out of this episode is the phone rinigng and hints at "the experiements" Looking forward to more detail on that. They're treating Carol as good and dead even though the show hinted at her escaping, but where could she be hiding this long?

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm wondering if there is any truth to the awesome zombie ring MMA fight being staged? Totally agree with Parker about the relative weakness of the episode. I can't wait to see who was on that phone though.

Was anyone else upset that the pre-school did not have a bunch of zombie toddlers?

19. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

YES. I'm so fucking demented I actually wanted zombie babies crawling around trying to nibble at their ankles.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The more I think about it, I think it is going to be a great set-up episode. You can't have crazy fear all the time. I knew immediately that the sound was an animal. The show needed a break from the fear of zombies as its obvious fear was shifted to the human element.