Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by gamecocks, Oct 15, 2012.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything I've heard from the show runners, creators, actors, etc. is tha if you take how fun and amp'd the last ep of season two was, that's where this season starts. That energy level. And then it ramps up.

2. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

what about Rick getting his arm chopped off? If they don't do that I'm going to be Pissed. Maybe Merle will do it for him.

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who the hell was watching Carol?

4. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I read some reviews saying that the characters are finally starting to make some sense and make logical decisions..........and then that dumb bitch, who was apparently the only one who knew some basic first-aid, decided to leave Hershel in the middle of the fight for his life to cut open a zombie girl. Why? Because she needed to practice. Makes perfect sense. Why do something tomorrow when it could be done today?

The rest of the episode was decent to good, but that just blew my mind. As if she was an autistic teenager who suddenly gave zero fucks about Hershel and wanted to do something else.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am super duper excited about this show. Last season sucked so hard but they have made a real come back.

So, let's say Lori's baby is stillborn. Would that make it a zombie baby? Wouldn't the whole human race at this point be over if everyone is actually infected?

Also, I want to say that Michonne is fucking genius to use the 2 walkers as packhorses, basically. The sword stuff was unbelievable and kinda nerdy/dorky, but her character all together is really amazing. I hope Andrea dies (she has to be the most poorly written, bitchy, stupid character on this show) and that we see more of this Michonne person.

6. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So I realized they don't have jaws and arms anymore, but I don't understand why they're not constantly just rubbing up against her trying to bite her (even though they can'). Standing around docile doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

7. mamac

mamac
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

-That's explained in the comics. Her two pack-walkers don't attack her because over a process of observation and training she has them to the point where they have registered that they are not capable of eating her.

-As far as Lori goes, I really want the baby to be some sort of hybrid infected that eats its way out of her stomach, chest-burster style.

-Andrea provided a good portion of the T&A on the show. Carol looks too old, Michonne is too angry looking, Lori is unbearable and not so attractive, Herschel's daughter is underage and whatsherface Glenn's piece is flat as a board.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Maybe they are super weak and have no energy to chase? I dunno. Good question though.

9. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If I recall correctly, the comic explained that the tethered zombies eventually just got used to being led around. Kind of like puppies.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Just caught Ep 2. This season has been really great compared to last season. Rick bringing the machete down into Lopez's (I have no idea what his name is) head without thought was awesome.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like how Glenn had to say a couple of times, "What you're doing is completely sane". Which it is, but could have been delayed a bit. Lori only looks 7.5-8 months along.

Oh, and I don't know why, but when I saw that someone was watching her, my first thought was Merle. But according to the previews, that's not likely.

12. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Governor is my favorite character of the series. He's doing all the right things to create a sustainable group and stay in power. It's just the creepy severed heads room that really clues you into his absolute depravity.

Merle is fucking lame.

13. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kinda liked how they gave Merle a little more than psychotic redneck to work with. They more or less had to if they want the inevitable decision Darryl has to make have any weight. I agree that the Governor is doing things by the book as far as consolidating power, in addition to loading up on arms and taking out threats, hes got real medical care and someone actually researching the problem. I can't wait until they meet up with Rick and the rest. Those damn severed heads alone have me ready to watch next week.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's in the tea? There is something in the tea. Michonne doesn't drink it, it gets talked about 2-3 times and there are a few shots of it. I wonder what the secret is to how they haven't been overrun by a horde.

I'm dying to know why he has severed heads in fishtanks in a little room. I'm not fond of this whole "I'm perfectly sane, I do all these great things BUT WAIT, I have to keep severed heads in fishtanks for my comfort" thing. I understand witht he zombies, but why the humans? Why kill all the soldiers? Coworker argued that they'd come and try to institute some martial law, but I see that as a small possibility, not every military man is some guy trying to run shit, plus they were just grunts. Also, when it comes to crazy men in power, I'm surprised none of his guys under him have caught on and did something. But shit is dark in those days and very, very crazy.

15. Rudolph

Rudolph
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I disagree:

[​IMG]

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I commented on this out loud last night as well. There is something in that fucking tea. I really hope Michonne gets the hell out (Andrea can die, whatever), but you know if the two of them tried to leave, they would get shot in the back. There is something very sinister happening underneath it all. I don't understand why they don't want others to come into their group at all (or pretend to accept them, get info, and then kill them).

17. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the difference between the Governor killing those soldiers and not taking them into the group - or Rick leaving those two guys in the adjacent cell and not inviting them into the group?

Agreed on the tea. Thought the same thing myself.

18. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No difference at all. Scarce resources and desperation are causing people’s survival instincts to kick in. It’s more practical to kill the unknown and scavenge their stuff to keep your group strong. Rick toyed with this idea when talking to Lori in the second episode.

The soldiers were a strong group that could potentially overrun the town if they discovered it. It was unknown if the outbreak had taken its toll on the morality of these soldiers yet, but I don’t blame the Governer for not wanting to take that chance. Even in the best case scenario, if the soldiers joined the Governer, they would be a drain on resources and undermine his authority. It’s a cold move, but I understand why he didn’t want to feed a tight knit group of soldiers that would threaten the status quo.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I disagree.

Rick gave them a chance to live if they didn't fuck with him or his even though they are criminals with unknown pasts. I know it is the end of the world, but you don't know what kind of personal tenancies led to some of those men being behind bars, and he STILL communicated fairly with them and allowed them 1 chance. Their head honcho....that guy definitely had some violent/murderous tendencies. The guy who ran away was kind of a wild card and he put himself in a tricky situation. It was easier to let him die than save him, since he was not Rick's responsibility (although it would have been relatively easy to save him, and maybe gain an ally at the same time. Hard call.) Those guys are not Rick's to protect, but he doesn't go out of his way to wipe them out, either.

The Governor straight up had those men murdered. I can see how it might be difficult to absorb a group of people who are already attached to each other, but he even had the solo helicopter pilot killed after getting info from him. Their town has structure, and I think that the relative safety of it would draw people to it and make them do anything to get in. Plus, men like that, who have good tactical skills and have survived against the odds would be a great and valuable addition to the Gov's town and resources. I sort of get the impression that they are not taking in many, if any outsiders. I suspect that once they get the info about her walker-mules from Michonne (who thankfully doesn't trust these guys at all) that she and Andrea will get the ax.

20. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes, Rick did do this, but kicking the prisoners out of the cell block to fend for themselves is a death sentence, especially because they don’t know how to defend themselves. Rick knew this, and was in the same shoes as those prisoners last season when Hershel wanted to kick him off of the farm.

When Rick gives someone a chance to live, he basically says ‘this is all ours and if you don’t leave us alone, I’ll kill you’. With near impossible odds outside, it’s very reasonable to decide to take your chances and try to kill Rick. Rick is like that kid who taunts you to throw the first punch so he can play the self-defence card. Orchestrating a lose-lose scenario for people isn't much better than the Governor's approach. That’s why I feel like Rick is fooling himself if he believes he’s taking some sort of moral highroad. I’m not faulting him, because it’s a zombie apocalypse, but if the prisoners didn’t have the food supplies and the muscle to help obtain it, he wouldn’t have cleared out a cell block for them and there would have been a shootout just like in the bar during season 2.