Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wait, you mean not everyone does that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuhjÀger, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not really on topic, but not only can I not fall asleep with the TV on, but I have to switch off all my power strips in my room because so many of my stuff has clocks or power lights or other little things that give off low levels of ambient light. If there even the slightest amount of light in the room, I can't sleep.

Also, as to your on topic comment about being able to hear the older tube TV's, I can always tell if there is a TV on in the room but with nothing playing on it, as long is there is no other sound. It's like it's not even really a sound it's so light, but I can hear/feel it.

2. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here .... have never "seen" a single fucking thing.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Until I lived with my wife, I put ketchup on French Toast, because that's how my dad ate it and it's all about being your dad when you're a kid (unless of course, he's asn asshole). I had no idea it was syrup that was supposed to go on it, so THAT was weird to me. I switched to trying maple syrup (which I liked) after my wife kept making me eat it in a seperate room because it made her sick.

Nothing beat the first time I ketchup on French toast the first time in a public restaurant. It was, of all things, a Bob Evans Restaurant in the States. I was only a kid and people were actually yelling things, the couple next to us actually walked out. Pussies.

P.S. I can't whistle or snap my fingers.

Alt

I have perfect vision, and could probably read the bottom line on the chart while standing on the moon. Hoever, I suffer form a condition called Iritis which sends shockwaves of pain though my sockets whenever bright light shines directly in them. Whenever I'm outside, I ALWAYS have sunglasses and/or a baseball cap on.

4. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Flatscreen TVs don't do it, but yeah CRT TVs emit that tone when they're on with no signal, and I can hear it from at least 20 feet away.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

They emit that tone even when they are on with a signal.

With as much TV as they watch, I am surprised that they don't invest in something a little nicer, if nothing else, to save space. That TV is as deep as it is wide.

6. Fracas

Fracas
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't *think* I'm synesthetic as such. But I do associate each American state firmly with a particular color, because of a wooden puzzle I had as a kid.

[​IMG]

And I'm a big fan of 9s and multiples of 9.

Like PIMPTRESS, I'm fascinated with people who seem to have no capacity for self-awareness and never question anything that pops into their heads. It's like meeting someone who doesn't realize he's repeatedly, compulsively sticking his finger up his own ass and then sucking on it.

7. framerpro

framerpro
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

#47 framerpro, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Erasmusman

Erasmusman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It is a condition I tend to suffer from when drunk: the former, not the metaphore.

As for the Alt Foc:

I have something similar: a substantial difference in vision between my eyes, both eyes are +. I never noticed until after I turned 21 and I started switching the lights on everywhere because I had trouble reading without. That I never noticed is all the more surprising that I have always been a voracious reader. This condition should pre-clude me from seeing 3D, I never had such trouble. I also used to be quite decent at throwing objects and hitting flying objects. With my glasses this has become substantially more difficult: my brain is used to the difference.

9. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In kindergarten we learned the alphabet with personified cartoon letters, so I always associate letters with a certain gender and personality.

I also associate musical notes with colors. E is blue, A is red, C# is yellow, and so on.

10. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's kind of like a combination between static and a dull roar. All I have to do is concentrate a little bit and I can create it as well. I thought I was the only one! Maybe we're psychic. We can be psy-bros.

Holy crap, I'm not crazy!
    I have this too, I'm still not convinced everyone doesn't have it. Looks sort of like the random visualizers on a media player, with swatches of colors kind of floating about.

I get them more when I meditate, if that helps at all.

And if anyone has any info on this one, I'd appreciate it. When I look at any surface, I don't "just" see its color, I see this sort of... well, it's like a shifting black-and-white graininess. Almost like everything was made out of newsprint. It's more obvious in the dark (something to do with the rods and cones of the eye, I imagine). I'm pretty positive everyone sees it, and maybe I'm the only one who actually focuses enough to realize it's there. Anyone know its name?

edit: Found it.

Also I can dislocate my jaw. It makes a loud cracking noise and freaks people out.

They should ship me off to the circus.

11. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have that too. I never noticed it either until I read an article on a related condition. I've been to eye doctors and shown up normal. It seems like a lot of people see abnormal things (which is what my eye doctor told me) and that they usually will not hurt your vision.

FYI primer, this is our condition (I think. I know it's mine. If not yours it sounds close.):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This guy has all of you beat. The full documentary is available on YouTube, and it's well worth watching. I'm currently reading his memoir, Born on a Blue Day. It's very fascinating.

#52 Rob4Broncos, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have closed captioning running whenever I talk. I don't literally see the words, but it's something very similar, and feels like it's located just below my field of vision.

This means that when I talk, I use punctuation and sometimes will make mistakes, like a comma splice. And, sometimes I'll try to drop footnotes, which can be annoying to whoever I'm talking to, because it just sounds like a tangent, but in my head I can see the structure and it makes sense.

14. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I've had trouble describing this accurately in the past, but I'll try. I always imagine the year as a vertical structure, with January at the top and December at the bottom, so when we're in the beginning of the year, I feel like I'm at the top of something, and when we're nearing the end of the year, I feel like I'm at the bottom, sort of like it's an elevator that takes twelve months to get back to the lobby. (This also goes for weeks, where I feel like the next three weeks of the new month are below me, and each passing week is then above me, and I get back to the top of the weeks with each new month.) Then when the New Year comes it feels like I shot back up to the top.

I assumed everyone felt out the year spatially, and thought the only reason my concept was weird was because it didn't represent a normal way we judged the passing of the year. I thought that maybe other people felt it like the monthly flipping of a wall calendar where they felt the months piled under/on top of them, or a weekly planner where it felt like each week/month was behind/in front of them. But when I tried asking a few people, they just looked at me like I was crazy.

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, you view time in phallic imagery where you go up and down on it? Kinda puts Big Ben in a whole new light.

16. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some motion sensors give off a very high pitched noise. I've encountered this most commonly passing motion sensing lights on people's houses as I walk down the street, and near automatic doors of grocery stores. Before they renovated one of the local A&Ps, I would cringe every time I went in or out. In all of these situations, the people with me could never hear the noise that was bugging me so much.