Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wait, you mean not everyone does that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuhjäger, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's more like a wash of like five or six different colors, it's mainly greens, blues and reds and rarely I'll get white or yellows, that move around in my vision. They're fairly vivid and are almost entirely random (IE: never following a pattern). Think of someone taking a few buckets of paint and splashing them onto a canvass; it has about the same look and effect, except it moves.

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have ordinal linguistic personification. It's a kind of synesthesia where I give ordered sequences personalities. For instance:

1 is a loner girl
    2 is 1's only friend and a boy
    3 hates 1 but is in love with 2 and is a girl
    4 is 3's friend, but she can't stand him.
    5 is 4's pushy older brother
    6 is friends with 5 and is a pretty cool guy
    7 and 6 are best friends, but 7 can't understand why 6 hangs out with 5
    8 is friends with 7 and 6 and he's a pushover
    9 is dating 8, but she's very controlling. Nine can't stand 3, but 3 follows 9 around like a lost puppy. She also has a crush on 6, but 6 doesn't want anything to do with her
    10 is 9's older sister, they are both bitches but 9 looks up to 10 while 10 can't stand 9
    11 is friends with 10, but doesn't understand why she is such a bitch
    12 and 11 are dating. They are an artsy couple. 12 is the boy and 11 is the girl.

From there, the numbers are pretty similar to the last number in their sequence. Expect 20 is like 2, 30 is like 3.

I can also do this with letters, days of the week, and months of the year.

3. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So what you're saying is that 1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever do?

I can't be omaplatta'd. For those of you who don't know that is a brazilian jiu jitsu move where pressure is put on the shoulder until it pops out of it's socket. Well mine does not pop out. I found this out a month into my training when I rolled with my coach. He caught me in it and gave me a talking to about being a hero and not tapping and that there's no point in going through unnecessary pain just to prove i'm a tough guy. I told him I felt absolutely no pain whatsoever, turns out I'm double jointed there I guess.

4. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If you think about it, I think you'll find 2 can be as bad as one; it is, in fact, the loneliest number since the number 1.

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This series of replies is the saddest experience that I'll ever know.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I agree and the crowd boooooooo's.

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck you.

For reference, I've yellowed in (mostly) what I see as red. It has occurred to me that most of the reason I can't read this is that whoever wrote it misspelled "colour".

Attached Files:

8. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think I experience the same thing? I've always thought of them as being similar to fractals but not quite as defined or repetitious.

9. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The colors and patterns you see when you close your eyes are called phosphenes. I usually see some crazy geometric patterns.

Here are representations of some typical ones (spoilered for size):
    [​IMG]

10. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Completely off topic, and maybe I'm the only one who finds this funny, but it seems like people's sigs are fitting with their posts perfectly in this thread. (I'm not high, I swear... delete if necessary though, and I'll just go play with my blocks.)

"You can't fix stupid."

"...but what do I know? I'm high."

"Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I have a gun
    Get in the van"

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While it will sound insensitive, I have a hard time convincing myself that some of you aren't just fucking with us.

In other news, I see numbers as dinosaurs.

12. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I have eye floaters too but mine are two little black dots. Is that normal?

13. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Between roughly 9 years of age and 19 years of age I had migraines. Also, my right eye twitched. Everyone has eye twitches and headaches. Turns out it was a brain tumor the size of a fucking fist.

My wife randomly sweats profusely during the night. Is that normal?

14. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. hbax

hbax
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Every time I see a number I have to break it down to a single digit that equals 0 or 5. No idea when I came up with this, but it just happened. Some numbers don't work, but with super long numbers I'll keep doing it as long as I can to try. Sounds confusing, but I take the first or last number off the end and add or subtract that number to/from the remaining bigger number.

Example: 1375

375+1=376
    76+3=79
    7+9=16
    6-1=5

Is that OCD? I had a roommate in college who couldn't move on to his next problem if he couldn't solve the one he was on, and I'm not that bad. I'll give up if there's something more pressing, it's more of a game than an obsession to me. But I still play it all the time.

16. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty often I will see blue and red borders on things. This usually happens when there is a contrast in lighting, such as looking at the dividers on a window (which are less lit than the stuff in the panes themselves).

I will see on one side a red/orange border, and a blue/cyan border opposite it. For instance, right now, the bottom and left sides of my computer screen have a red border, the top and right are blue. If I turn my head, the left and right sides switch colors (I can never make them neutral, it always swaps), and if I turn my head down, the top and bottom will switch.

I get the effect even with either eye closed.

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see prime numbers in plaid.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I can't nor have I ever been able to see Magic Eye pictures.

19. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Do you remember as a kid, if you were in a quiet room you could hear a high pitched tone? It's not tinnitus; it goes away when there's other ambient noise. When I mentioned it to a coworker in her mid 50s recently, she remembered it but had always thought that she'd been imagining it.

My understanding is that this is noise from the Brownian motion. You're supposed to stop hearing it by 13 or so, when your inner ear bone hardens. I'm 35, and I still hear it.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm 22 and I still hear it. If it's really quiet, it becomes almost deafening. I also have huge issues with the high tinny whining sound that old box TVs and other slightly older electronics give up. My sister's new flat panel TV doesn't seem to emit that sound, but the TV at my house does and it gives me a headache. I don't watch much TV because of it, and I definitely cannot fall asleep with it on (to the chagrin of my fiance). It sucks because my parents leave the television on almost 24/7, and when I'm at home, I have to close all the hall doors and my bedroom door to block the sound.