Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Wait, What? 8/3/2012-8/5/2012 Weekend Drunk Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noahh

Noahh
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does anyone else feel obligated to finish a bottle of wine after opening it, or is it just me?

2. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was actually just thinking that. I popped a bottle whilst chatting with a friend in London and now have about a third left. I mean, I don't want it to go bad or anything. I feel like I should finish it because there are starving children in China or something.
    It's a lovely Tempranillo from La Mancha. I've been singing the Dox Quixote song in my head all night. That's one shitty ear worm that could put one in a mental hospital.

Then again, I might become completely incoherent again (like last night...scary). I think my age is catching up with me. Could it be that I'm starting to NOT be able to handle my liquor? Forget wrinkles or grey hair, THIS is what I'm really afraid of.

3. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Is this a positive or negative exclamation about South Boston?

4. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I never have a chance to feel obligated, I open it and shortly thereafter it's gone. I rarely drink less than a bottle when I drink wine. Of course, I may just be a lush, who knows.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Positive. Anyone in South Boston screaming, "holy fuck" was just shot in a random drive-by. Our boy is alive (or at least posting while bleeding, so there's hope).

6. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

GOIN DRINKING

7. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I volunteered to take my wife shopping tomorrow, as it is too damn hot in GA to do anything. Seriously. I don't feel one bit bad about being in an air conditioned retail store as opposed to fighting off a heat stroke while trying to do something productive around the house. I love summer, but 105-110 and 85-95% humidity has gotten to be a bit much.

I'm drankin' tonight, too. Goldschlager shots are coming soon.

8. Paperbag

Paperbag
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My friends are going to some 2 day outdoor electronic music concert tomorrow. They invited me, but 160 seemed steep for something I have no knowledge or interest in so I decided to skip out on it. It's been a while since I had drinking buddies for the weekend...

9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just saw it alone too. No one around to bug you. No one around to make fun of you when you get choked up at Michael Caine.

Did everyone but know you can bring booze into the theater now? The theater bar gives you a to go cup and treat you like an actual adult. THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER. No more sneaking in a bottle of Mad Dog 2020 for me...

As often.

10. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

What theaters are you going to? I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed in Boston, but the the one I saw in which TDKR in New Orleans sold liquor there. Which is pretty much every sort of retail establishment in NOLA.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I am jealous when we go do outdoorsy things because when I have to pee it's a big ol problem. El Husband can just whip it out.

Then, when we go to the movies, I've got the big purse and alllll the snacks. Except, I'm the good wife and share my gender's advantage. YOU CAN'T SHARE A PEE HOLE.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I was dicking around on my computer and found a few pictures of the original ToyToy (My 1988 toy Toyota pick up. Get it?)

This first one is me and ToyToy getting ready to try out the new mudhole I made, which later became my mud racing track:

[​IMG]

And this is what ToyToy looked like once I got finished playing in the mud:

[​IMG]

And just for shits and giggles...here's how the track looked once I opened it:

[​IMG]

13. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cinemark. Never heard of them before today. Then again, I go to the movies once a year.

It disturbed me how much crap people were buying to eat. Smelled like fried ass hair in that theater. Almost everyone was sucking down nachos.

This may help your piss predicament:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.go-girl.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.go-girl.com/</a>

You're welcome.

14. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I am not sad to say that I'll be foregoing wine in favor of the keg of home brew IPA we just tapped at my buddy's place, then continuing with BBQ and more beer at a local nanobrewery tomorrow.

Conversations with drunk people are hard, though. I can't get on their level quickly enough.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

You told me you loved getting rimmed.

16. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a bad experience with red wine at a roller derby match a few years ago, and have avoided the stuff ever since. Boxed wine doesn't seem too dangerous until you've drunk more than half the three liter box and vomited red in a parking lot, then blacked out in a bathtub. Fuck wine, I'll stick with my beer.

17. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm pretty sure if I would have tried to sneak in alcohol I would have been kicked out, then I wouldn't have had the pleasure of watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt for 2 hours and 45 minutes. (I'm not usually a huge fan of his but I liked him a lot in this movie.) We don't have those fancy theaters in Missouri. In fact, I'm pretty sure they passed a law in Springfield where they can't sell alcohol in theaters. That makes me sad because they started serving beer there after I moved out of town and then before I could make a point to go visit a friend and legally get drunk watching a movie in a theater they passed the law banning it.
    I don't make a very good girl, in that if I bring a purse to the theater I will forget it there. Every. Time. Plus for some stupid reason I like to hand over $8 to get a large soda and large popcorn, neither of which I finish.

18. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

But...but...what positive things are there to scream about in South Boston?

Speaking of things without positive associations, I've decided that my big adventure tomorrow is to go explore Staten Island. I mostly just want to go on the ferry ride - as it is on my list of things I've never done in New York that I'm working through this summer - but it kind of disgusts me that I haven't been to all five boroughs, so I'm going to actually spend time on the island also. My original plan was that I wanted to go to the ship graveyard - another thing on my list - but I'm doing my research now and getting there involves a long bus ride that drops you off in the middle of nowhere. Then you have to walk through a graveyard from the 1700s to a path through the woods, then stomp through a marsh before finally getting to a place with a good view of the boats. I'm thinking I might be too much of a scaredy cat to do this on my own. I can take a source of creepiness from 1 or 2 places at a time, but I think 4 might be beyond my limits.

But it would probably be so cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But maybe I'll just go to the botanical gardens.

19. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've avoided wine for the majority of my drinking life. I can't enjoy it like I can beer or spirits, and it gets me to a retarted level of drunk.

However, when I was in France on Contiki last year, I thought it would be improper and culturally rude to not have a few glasses. Our first night was spent at a French Caberet, where we were served a three course meal, with unlimited free wine. I was sharing a table with a friendly blonde girl, and we encouraged each other with copious amounts of wine tasting. By the end of the night, I was "lucky" enough to invited onto the stage for the final act as part of audience participation, which mostly involved dancing with three or four scantily clad dressed women, in front of my entire Contiki tour and lots of French people. Sounds awesome in theory, but my dance "moves" are horrible, and I fell over a number of times due to substandard coordination and the aforementioned large amounts of wine.

Suffice to say, I made a complete fool of myself. Never again wine, never again.

I did find out how friendly that blonde was a few nights later though.

20. La Esposa

La Esposa
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

hello! I love him so much. He is the best :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.