Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Vinyl

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm greatly excited and have been for some time. It's look like a lot of love went into this and I'm rooting for it. A lot of great talent is fronting this.

I'm hoping this taps into the heart of rock and roll golden years like it suggests. No doubt will be loaded to the tits with great music.

Debut two hour pilot Sunday night.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm all in for that, hadn't heard one thing about that show until you posted the trailer.

Can't go wrong with cocaine and Olivia Wilde.

Also that was Ray Romano, who apparently has a nude scene in the premiere. I'll skip that part, unless of course he is balls deep in Ms Wilde.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's produced by Scorsese and Mick Jagger as well, I hope Marty directed the premiere like he did with Boardwalk Empire. This and Westworld are the two new shows I look forward to the most.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck? I just started this last night. Fucking amazing. Fun and dramatic on many different levels. Watch this show.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I didn't miss it once. The fucking MUSIC..... Jesus Christ so amazing, I think Jagger's grandson also does a great job as the Nasty Bits' singer. What a time to be famous.

I love it mostly because of how much this show fucking LIVES music, from its different genres and lifestyles.

And how about Ray Romoano finally in a mature and awesome role as a label troubleshooter?

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah Romoano is great. Max Casella (aka Benny from The Soprano's aka Vinnie from Dougie Houser MD) has a stand out comedic role. Fucking cracks me up. Im surprised they use such big hits as they do, a lot of chart topping oldies. I figured with the pedagree of Jagger and Scorsese they'd have some great deep cuts. It does live music.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You would never know that's Casella unless someone told you. Unrecognizable. And hilarious. The part where he and Richie get amped up on the Bingo before and the meeting and he plays Mr. SuperDuper Yes Man while Richie dismantles everyone in the room...I was DYING.

I like how it's fiction overlapping real life (like Entourage did) there's no Roman-A-Clef stuff, the guys playing Elvis, Robert Plant, Johnny Thunders and Alice Cooper absolutely nailed it.

The original music is good too, which is important.

#7 Crown Royal, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When a show costs $100M to make one season and it gets tepid reviews and ratings, it isn't gonna last that long.

Thought it missed the mark a bit. Was really excited but it just didn't land for me. The crazy ways they'd respond to snorting a line of blow was comical, looking up into the sky like they had a needle in their arm

11. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with the blow reaction, Bobby just looking to the sky after doing a line 5 times an episode got old after the second time, nobody does blow that way.