Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you notice the action figures he was playing with had "Wade" written on the foot, a nod to "Andy" written on his toys in Toy Story? Those guys are killing it.

MCU releases in 2018 include Black Panther, Deadpool 2, Avengers: IW, Antman 2, Aquaman and Venom. They are printing money. DC should just quit. It's embarrassing.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

These guys are far and away my favourite PR/marketing team. The whole way they handle breaking the fourth wall is amazing.

I've heard that Ryan Reynolds is a big part of it, and you get a lot of his personality in their social media. I really wonder how much input he actually has in stuff like this?

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Aquaman is DC, and Deadpool is the Sony/X-Men universe. Though they may start creating all-new X-Men at any time for the MCU now that they are allowed to.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, yes, Aquaman is DC - that explains why it looks the dumbest of the group. But, I guess Deadpool is Marvel but not part of the MCU? I don't know how all that shakes out, and I see the Fox title card, but the Deadpool Trailer had the Marvel title card at the beginning, too.
    upload_2018-2-8_9-18-42.png

6. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Yeah, I don’t think anyone sane would deny that Marvel is absolutely killing DC right now, despite how badly I want DC to be good(they could be doing SO much more with Batman...). I tried to watch JL in theatres but it was pulled before I had the chance to(only three weeks in).

7. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The MCU officially refers to all the Marvel films done by Disney. Deadpool and X-Men are done by Sony, but since they're still Marvel properties they get the Marvel title card. That's why none of the Avengers films have discussed "mutants" in any way, because that's pretty much an X-Men thing - and there may even be some legal reason for that between Sony and Marvel.
    And why it was such a huge deal with Disney/MCU was allowed to control the characterization of Spider-Man in the "Civil War" film, though Sony still owned the distribution rights (or something like that).
    And it's why it might lead to more interesting crossovers now that the Disney/Sony sale went down.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if Game Night is going to be any good, but the movie poster is definitely my favorite I have see in awhile.
    upload_2018-2-22_8-52-43.png

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fuck off with your Topher Grace bullshit.

The one MCU villain who truly deserves a movie gets an actor worthy of the role and vice-versa:

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody posted it here, but I'm sure everyone has seen it - it feels like every other commercial this past week is an ad for Red Sparrow. They should just advertise by printing the Common Sense Media review:

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw this with my wife last night. I had no idea what it was other than a Russian spy movie with Jennifer Lawrence. She definitely gets naked. She also gets raped. And there is a wiener with a half chub.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just, like . . . by itself?

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. At Russian whore school the bottom bitch made a male whore get naked for no real reason. He had definitely been fluffing. It was a weird movie. I mean it had Jennifer Lawrence naked and is still around 50% on rotten tomatoes.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh. With the violence and torture I was afraid you meant it wasn't still attached to a dude.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is her nakedness worth it? I’m still not finished with her leaks yet.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Albeit one of the greatest shows of all time, prequels always make me skeptical.

Speaking of mob movies “The Irishman” just finished filming. Scorsese’s new crime bio starring DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Keitel and Cannavale (now that’s good casting) about Jimmy Hoffa’s days of power. And it’s a fucking NETFLIX MOVIE. They very well could threaten the Oscars next year, Scorsese and gangster films are an unbeatable combo.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been awhile in the making, the three of them had to really work on getting Pesci to do it from what I’ve read.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The man’s been comfortably retired for years. I mean, he was 47 when they shot Goodfellas. After a while we stopped buying the charade that a four foot tall dude could beat the shit out of everybody.

The book the movie is based on is I Heard You Paint Houses by Charles Brandt.

As said in rep to me, we can probably count on this being better than Danny DeVito’s half-assed Hoffa movie. Nicholson was utterly great, but the movie sucked. This time Pacino is playing him and Marty Eyebrows is behind the camera.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What
    The
    Hell: