Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Michael Keaton made an amazing Bruce Wayne (cast against type), and an equally amazing MCU villain. One of the best comic-to-movie villains ever, in my opinion.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah I was thinking Keaton too. He's still the definitive Batman to me, more so than even Christian Bale. Bruce Wayne/Batman has to have a bit of weirdness in him along with the brooding aspect, which I think the Bale and Affleck versions leave out. Keaton has got a great mix.

And he killed it as Vulture.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was so compelling as Vulture I found myself rooting for him, right until the end. Making normal, likeable people as the “bad guy” adds depth.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

As much as I love Keaton as Batman, I don't think he could have pulled off Begins as well as Bale did... but I also don't think Bale could have pulled off what Keaton did.

I may be in the minority, but I have no problem having a lack of continuity for the main character.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that we're pointing out things tangentially related to Deadpool, I'd like to reiterate that Morena Baccarin is the most beautiful woman on the planet, and I am delighted to find out that she'll be in the sequel. Maybe Copycat appears and we get see to her blue (and naked).

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Aaand... let's try and keep the thread on-track for actual Upcoming Movies. The Deadpool tangent was a bit of a stretch. (but worth it).

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Seconded.

Speaking of which, Scorsese’s next film is The Irishman, starring DeNiro as Frank Sheeran, Pesci as Russ Bufalino, Bobby Cannavale as Joe Gallo, Harvey Keitel as Angelo Bruno and Pacino as Jimmy Hoffa. This seems like THE movie a lot of us have been wanting for a very long time.

#1628 Crown Royal, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yo Nett...

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Saw that a couple of days ago... looking forward to it.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Avengers Infinity War Trailer

Its not even out and its already better than Justice League.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lol, you're right. Ha. Even the music is better, and it's just a trailer.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I like how they used Silvestri’s original score for this trailer. Everything seems awesome except Thanos’ shitty new look.

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

My God, it really does look superior.

I’m watching Justice League this weekend. I’m holding out hope that it’ll be decent(Wonder Woman was ok except for a few stupid parts, still light years better than that abomination BvS) but I wouldn’t bet on it.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last week of October was when the accusations against Kevin Spacey came out. The week of Thanksgiving, Ridley Scott was able to get Michelle Williams, Mark Wahlberg, et al to reshoot with Christopher Plummer. They are going still make their Dec 22 release date. This week's Entertainment Weekly has a good article /interview with Scott about it. It's pretty remarkable.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have we talked about The Room / Disaster Artist here, yet? I can't remember. Anyway, I am familiar with the general backstory, but I have never actually seen The Room all the way through. I've just seen the 10 minute YouTube thing that sums up the movie with selected clips. Disaster Artist looks like it's getting good reviews and may be commercially successful, which makes the hilarious irony even better. Regardless, all that is to say, this is the funniest thing I've seen today:

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

See The Room at a midnight movie showing. Everyone dresses up Rocky Horror-style, lots of tuxedos, throwing footballs and spoons at the screens.

The movie is a perfect storm: a guy who can’t speak much English wrote a script in English. Then he hired amateur actors to mouth the words (he cast himself as the “hero”), perform the skin-crawling sex scenes all amongst strangely high film production values which makes it seem so much worse.

The film is, essentially, the ne-plus-ultra of cringe. You’ll either run for the exits screaming or break your spine from laughing. After it became a cult hit, Wiseau constantly pawned the film off as an intentional satire but believe me—- it was made as a serious film.

18. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Not likely, when you consider the context: Abram’s Star Trek reboot was one of Tarantino's all-time favourite movies. He went nuts for it. Knowing his knack for fast-talking schmooze, and Abram’s love for QT’s films have them no doubt wanting to work together.

And nobody is going to turn either of those guys down. Too big (or good) to fail.