Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That looks really good. Hoult's only line in the trailer was the best thing about it, a direct jab at Edison.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That looks lke it's gonna make me real sad.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Tesla is given equal shrift, I am interested.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Psshh you think Big Oil would allow the media corporations they own equal screen time to a man who advocated free energy? Wake up.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Cowboy Bebop director is doing a Blade Runner movie.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I was just reading about a Blade Runner anime. Is this going to be the one that bridges the gap between the two movies?

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's what I understand... and it looks way more real than I was expecting.

There have been quite a few animated movies that have a very realistic look to them lately... that tech has come a long way. The latest Resident Evil, and a Starship Troopers were two that I've watched in the last couple of weeks that were quite well done.

I have high hopes for the Blade Runner gap-filler.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

James Cameron is returning with Tim Miller to co-direct the next installment of Terminator. Along with Linda Hamilton and Arnold. And its going to be a direct sequel to Terminator 2, negating the last 3 movies. I am optimistic, but I've now been burned three times in a row. So who knows.

9. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Little movie.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's Cameron this time, not the little people. Who is a better master of this craft?

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All the teasers look like some pretty good fake outs - like Ren extending his hand to Rey, or who Luke is talking about with the "power" comment, or whether or not Ren blows up Leia's ship. I don't think there are actually any spoilers in there. But, there are two things from that trailer that make me excited that this will be good:
    - Snoke. That we get to see him instead of just the hologram and that he has a bigger role is going to be great for the tension. Plus, you know Andy Serkis is going to nail it.
    - The visuals. The first trailer teased those spaceships-on-skis that were kicking up the red soil, and this one shows it even more. That's fantastic attention to detail in creating worlds with features not seen before. (And, and ice fox!) Just so far and away better than the awful stuff from Episodes 1-3.

Can't wait.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Without his direct autocratic grip on the entire project, Im still wary. He's not had the same sort of record, or any, of finding and growing talent like Speilberg has when producing.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im not sure what Cameron's role will be aside from producer either. The director will be Tim Miller and there is no way Cameron would ever share directorial duties with someone. But you're right, he supposedly an awful tyrant to work for, but it yields better returns than literally anyone else. Cameron also said that Terminator: Genisys was a fantastic movie. Obviously there was a gun to his wife's head just off-camera or something, but c'mon. The rights to the entire franchise revert back to him in 2019, so he could be as dictatorial as he wants if he waits that long.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, the trailer really didn't show anything. Which is really nice for once.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If he's producing on-set, it could yield fantastic results. Like Strange Days, which is a lost masterpiece that should have hit it big. That was more a Cameron movie than anything you'll ever see. On the other hand, he also produced Dark Angel.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear they must have funded some deep sea dive for him to get him to say Genysis was anything but pure shit. Movie press is hilariously bad sometimes. I remember seeing Jason Bateman talking to the camera with a straight face say the very below par Mike Judge film Extract was "Office Space 2.0."

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I’m....cautiously optimistic.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't have high hopes, but I really don't think they have to do much to surpass The Force Awakens. I know I'm alone there. I'm still at a loss as to how the same people who constantly shit on episode 3 thought that was a masterpiece. How was Palpatine's takeover not way better thought out and more interesting than that super death star bullshit?

Really though, with Star Wars it doesn't have to be that great for me to enjoy. Even with the weaker installments, I've watched them 5-6 times.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks different

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't there a tv series basically doing the same thing with the Xmen franchise? This just adds a horror bent and the Edward Furlong look alike from Stranger Things.