Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There were 6 movies when it came out. For it to be below average, then you would have to have Force Awakens rated below at least one of the first three retarded episodes. Therefore, you lose credibility and your opinion is considered invalid.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that movie was incredibly overrated. Reasonably entertaining sure, but not the masterpiece people were making it out to be.

The trailer for the new one looks good. I'm really hoping they are more original this time though and don't just do a repeat of The Empire Strikes Back. I have a feeling Luke Skywalker is going to die.

3. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I was referring to below average compared to movies in general. Which it is.

Although whether it is below average compared to other Star Wars films exclusively is something I hadn't considered...Ok, Episodes IV-VI are clearly better than VII. Likewise, VII is clearly better than I and II, but I honestly don't know whether VII is better than III(and there was plenty wrong with III)...although with Rogue One out now it tips the scales regardless. So yes, VII is below average. By every measure.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't remember anyone (other than die-hard fanboys) calling it a masterpiece... it was a good "reset" for the movies to introduce the new characters and warm you up for what was to come. It was pretty solid for what it was, but it was more utilitarian than anything, in my opinion.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I genuinely laughed out loud... this very well might be good:

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the first trailer I've seen for a movie in at least a year that made me want to see it.

7. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Agreed. This looks awesome.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't heard much about this. I really like films like this, where everything takes place in one small time window or in one space. In this case, it looks like both.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That looks like Scorsese binged watched a bunch of Guy Richie and Tarantino movies right before writing his flick...

Looks like it could be entertaining, as long as they didn't clip all the fun parts for the red band.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Saw that this trailer just dropped:

I really enjoyed the first movie, surprisingly, and am looking forward to this one.

11. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, gotta agree with you there Nett. The first is a guilty pleasure of mine and I'll watch it to the end any time it comes on.

I'm really looking forward to this.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Dark Tower trailer. Im cautiously optimistic about this one.

Picture of the Overlook Hotel (from The Shining) at the :40 mark and a Pennywise (from IT) reference at 1:30.

13. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Where the hell are Eddie and Susannah?

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They don't appear until the second book, Drawing of the Three, right? So, I guess they're not in the first movie, either?

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Ahhhh....that explains it. somewhere I read that they were considering condensing the whole saga into one 3+ hour long movie, but if they actually make a movie for each book, this sounds like it could be really awesome...

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except they never go to New York in the first book...they're going to be veering away from the source material a lot, it seems. Unless they're working out some sort of origin story for Jake arriving in the desert.

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Yes, that's possibly what threw me off. I mean it's been years since I've read them, but I thought Roland didn't go to NY at all until book 2 with the whole Drawing of the Three. My God I hope Hollywood doesn't fuck this up.

18. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They already fucked it up; they cast a black man as Roland.

Okay, now that that's out, I cautiously hope that they have a movie for each book, and that since they are obviously straying from the source material, then maybe they can fix the last two books, which were fucking train wrecks.
    Seriously, I DO NOT want to see Stephen King making a cameo in any of these movies.

19. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Honestly, I really couldn't care less. It'd be one thing if they picked Kevin Hart or something, but he looks like he does a good job from the preview.

#1539 dieformetal, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Idris Elba is the black Meryl Streep: he could play fucking anything and nail it.

I'll watch it, but I was giggling at the "gun-fu" with a revolver. This shit is likely going to take a big steamy dump on the books.