Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We saw the trailer this weekend when we took the kids to see The Vampire's Assistant, and it looks like pure awesomeness. I usually don't get too excited about movies but yeah, I'm pumped to see this one.

3. Tey

Tey
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

1. I'm with you guys on this one. I liked the plot/environment as soon as I saw it, and while all of my friends talked shit about it because of the blue people I'm still on board for seeing this. I went to see Saw 6 last night and the previews had a good 4+ minute trailer for Avatar which got me even more pumped.

2. Anyone have any opinions on "The Box"?? The trailers got my attention with the whole "Push the Button" deal (big fan of pushing things) but I haven't followed up on the story anywhere past that. I like the premise but the same could be said for watching trailers for Rock 'n' Rolla and... well... you know.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's based off a short story that was turned into a Twilight Zone during the show's 80s revival. Seems like a really basic story. Wonder if Tucker knew anything about the film since he was in contact with a lot of people from the same production company?

5. alistair kinnear

alistair kinnear
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

More like Black Side

I just saw the trailer for the movie The Blind Side, and couldn't help fucking keeling over from laughter. If there are any black people here who have a shit background with no money, you better pray to Jesus that Sandra Bullock comes along because your ass will be dealing drugs in no time. Black + poor as fuck = drugs. And when Sandra Bullock does come along, make sure you act extra naive with no redeemable qualities with a zero personality for that matter. Remember, you're black: you don't know what it means to communicate with people.

And be sure to be taller and fatter than a motherfucker to play some football so you can get drafted 23rd overall. Way to fucking butcher an awesome and out-of-this-world story you idiots.

6. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was really surprised, and disappointed at the same time, when I saw the trailers for this movie. I read this short story in English class in high school, and I don't understand how they can stretch the premise to fill an entire movie.

For anyone who doesn't know the story line of the short story:

A strange man comes to a couples house, and makes a deal with them. He gives them a box that has a button in it. If they push the button, they will get a million dollars. But along with that, someone will die. It is nobody they know, and they will not be affected in anyways whatsoever by the person's death. He then leaves their house.
    After some debating they press the button. As soon as they do, the man returns to their home, packs up the box and is about to leave, when the couple asks what he's going to do with the box. He replies that he's going to pass the box along to someone else, someone "they don't know."

I guess they've lengthened other short stories, and have done a decent job of it. This just doesn't seem like the type of story they can make into a full length movie.

7. TPapp

TPapp
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

8. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jason Bourne goes to Baghdad.
    I'm not a big fan of Damon's political stances and such but the man is a damn good actor. It's directed by the same guy as the Bournes so I'm expecting some good hand-to-hand scenes and shit blowing up. The tin-foil hat crowd should be pleased with the evil government tries to squash the little guy BS.

#28 PewPewPow, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm pretty sure it's "real" in the same way The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity are "real."

10. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

...But it's still called The Box</ominous tone>. That has to be one of the silliest movie names of the year.

11. alistair kinnear

alistair kinnear
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Their website is very well-built. Some of the material in their videos are actual footage -- I remember seeing the interviews, of the same people they show, on National Geographic when they had a special on unidentified/classified sightings. The Featurette- Alien segment shows all real footage, save the last part that has to do with the movie.

As such, I'm skeptical on the movie's own footage. I've never heard of or seen those videos. I think you're right. It's a good way of promoting the film and getting people to talk about it, which is what we're doing.

12. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

TRON: Legacy

Never was a fan of the first film, thought it was boring and overhyped by the Disney machine. That being said, this trailer looks excellent and I will most likely see this in the theater. This is going to look great in IMAX.

#32 MisterMiracle, Nov 4, 2009
  13. Shootandloot

Shootandloot
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Green Zone looks promising, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly this is based on Imperial Life in the Emerald City.

14. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Its a complete fake, by the way.

15. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

16. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Slammin' Salmon
    Just watched the red band trailer for Broken Lizard's next movie, Slammin' Salmon. Comes out December 11, 2009.

Michael Clark Duncan's line, "I am so sorry but her soup face scared the shit out of me" had me rolling. I admittedly love SuperTroopers and Beerfest, so I'm excited as fuck for this.

17. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2012 review

I'm fidgeting in my seat while watching the trailer. That's how fucking pumped I am for this epic piece of shit. I'll barely remember four minutes of the film due to the copious amount of chemicals that will course through my veins, but I will enjoy every goddamned second.

18. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Clash of the Titans:

Was on the fence on this one when I heard about it since the original was a large part of my childhood. This trailer took any doubt from me because it looks so completely badass.

#38 MisterMiracle, Nov 11, 2009
  19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't that only the Twilight Zone version?
    Original was
    only 50 grand, and in the story her husband was killed via the button push and she gets the money by insurance settlement. The man coming to pick up the box claims "she never really knew him"

20. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I loved the game it's based on but I'm trying to stifle my immediate condemnation of the adaptation. I think it's going to end up being a decent movie for the summer blockbuster season but ultimately disappointing to the hard core fans, like they always are.