Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Upcoming Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Diogenes The Cynic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The DCU has been so completely fucked up at this point, I have zero faith in an interesting SS sequel. Hopefully I’m wrong.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

At least we know it cannot possibly be worse than the first one. I swear to his, if they do another “classic rock character intro montage” I will never watch another DC movie.

And speaking of universes, Marvel’s looks to be quite boring for the next few years. Fantastic Four is the only interesting one and it’s in pre-production.

I have no clue why they wouldn’t do X-men and F4 immediately after Endgame. The Immortals? Sheng-Chi? Who the fuck cares.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am optimistic, if for no other reason than DC villains are far more fun, and James Gunn doing what he did with GotG and allowed to show the characters being exceptionally fucked up.

I think it's safe to say the MCU will be dealing with diminishing returns. I'll watch the next Thor and the next Dr. Strange. Can't say I give much of a fuck about Black Widow, Sheng-Chi or the Immortals. FF works best as a comic version of a fever dream acid trip through a deck of D&D cards. The premise is a "normal" family dealing with the most out there shit: Galactus, Fin Fang Foom, etc. It doesn't adapt well, because it's supposed to be shit on a mind-bending scale. Maybe they pull it off, but literally every adaptation so far has been cringe-inducing at best.

X-Men 1&2 were decent stabs, and they went sharply downhill from there. I honestly don't think Marvel wants another massive ensemble build at this point, and X-men would work much better as a show. I'd challenge them to make a Game of Thrones-esque show exploring X-men, with that as fodder for a ton of spin-offs.

There was a run of "Hawkeye" that was exceptional by Aja that might work as a tv show. I gave up on Wanda Vision after 1 weird episode, Loki's last couple of episodes have suffered from "why do I give a fuck", and I couldn't make it through one episode of "Falcon and the what the fuck ever."

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’d like the Punisher show to come back. Or, make a movie with Berenthal. He crushed it.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It may not be the best time, culturally speaking, for a show about a gun-wielding sociopath murdering people in cold blood, especially one that's been inexplicably co-opted by police. It was awesome, but that character is probably dead in the water.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He’s too busy ruining the Sopranos movie.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s possibly the greatest TV drama ever made, and I have ZERO interest in watching the movie. Nobody asked for it, I don’t get it.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you vastly underestimate the number of spaghetti benders, particularly here in the northeast US, that can’t get enough of the mafia fantasy.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I kinda feel about this movie the way I did about the Breaking Bad one. It’s fine, but I don’t need it. I guess the difference is there is a ton of established backstory of the Soprano Family story to play with, and I’d like to see how Gandolfini’s son actually does.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Part 2 of 3 awwwwwww yeah son.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I feel the show did enough in it’s universe during it’s run. Don’t really need some expanded story. I’m only sort of curious that it’s set during the same riots they covered in the flashback episode. He was 7 or 8. In this movie his real son is late teens. Not sure how this will play out in the film. I havent seen David Chase's movie but it got middling reviews and hes had no other output to know if he's still got it.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This looks way better than I thought it would. It started off cringey with the “he’s a leader!” and got much better from there.

Also, Joey Diaz.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was it off putting to you they made Vera Farmiga look 90% like Edie Falco? I must have blinked and missed Joey Diaz in the trailer.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m concerned about Jon Bernthal in it. I hope his accent isn’t too cringey. He’s not from that region I don’t think.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Don't worry, he's going to over-act the shit out of it.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah that’s been my biggest concern in casting. I’ve only seen him in The Walking Dead but he was terrible in it.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe he’s watching a bunch of Jersey Shore to prepare for the role.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dude looks like he wears flat billed hats to bed. We’ll see. I thought the two actors that played Tony’s parents in the flashback episodes were great.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to admit, I’ve never watched the entirety of the sopranos. Maybe I should get started?

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. I’ve probably watched 8 or 9 times all the way through and sometimes still throw a random one on to fall asleep to.