Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jun 8, 2014.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The TB high school episode sucked. I am betting that this ends with vampire extinction.

Seven seasons and the best we get is Jessica's side boob?

Ginger's one liner was awesome. I would watch Pam deadpan a stop sign. I loved the scene with the keys.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pam is so awesome. At least the show runners listened to fan demands to give her more screen time, she's blissfully been the main character this season.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well looks at least like episode 5 is worth a shit. I'm not even scared to come to the thread because of spoilers at this point. I forgot to mention in my rant how fucking stupid it was for that entire town to be dead in episode 3. How fucking hard would it be for people to stay in their homes at night? They could still do everything they needed to during the day, just take your ass home at sun down, what's so complicated?

4. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I desperately want the next episode to have Erik kill Sarah with that guys jaw and make some kind of joke about the jawbone of an ass, and I guess that makes her a philistine.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don't see that happening. Crafty Erik will surely use her as bait to bring in the other Yakuza who killed his French dish.

Did that hallway scene remind anyone else of the Psych hospital scene in T2 when Arnie walks up on Sarah Connor?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This season simply seems to be copping out left and right. Besides the mortality rate, is there much reason for this season to exist?

If you ask me, they could have easily ended it last season: Warlow is killed, Lillith's blood burns, every vampire is restored to their human age and live out their lives. Curtain. This season's plot is pure tablescraps: there pretty much IS no plot, just exchanges between characters that ends with bad news or death. And Tara's mom just won't fucking DIE. If her character survives there is simply no hope for mankind.

In regards to this episode, Bill's scene in the lawyer's office made it worthwhile.

7. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who cares about the lack of plot? This show has just been an excuse to see hot people be hot around each other. It is literally a vampire soap opera at this point.

I wish it weren't the last season so it could just go on into insanity forever, but I still have my fingers crossed for The Adventures of Bill and Eric spinoff.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i was sad to violet go because she was oh so sexy. but she was also evil incarnate.

i'm predicting that eric and pam are going to attempt to double-cross the asian gang.

i also think its really stupid they give the gang members those horrible fast and furious rice burner cars. they shouldn't be in such retarded cars like that.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i feel like they are not going to kill off tara's mom now, because she promised tara she would survive. that was very sad story, but i still don't really care for that character.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

see, i loved it. cause i thought it was intentionally making fun of the yakuza, fast and the furious stereotype. i mean, their leader has a deep texas drawl and dresses like a cowboy, they are already a parody. its great.

i would still cheer. fuck building a story, that doesn't make her look like a worthless twat, now in the final season. ive hated her for so long, this isn't changing that.

11. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

no, i mean i don't think we're going to let us see her die because the writers set it up in such a way that killing her now would go against the bigger plot. i was hoping to see her die. they might still do it, you never know.

12. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i'm surprised there aren't fifty replies here talking about how worthless the last episode is. i guess it really has become true blood: days of our lives.

who the fuck cares who gets together with whom? what the fuck happened to all the hep v vampire zombies? shouldn't they all be fucking like it's the end of the world because like a week ago it was?!

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

it almost seems they're setting it up so practically everyone in bon temps will get turned into a vampire. the only "bad guys" left are the yakuza, who are human and really should be no match for a healthy erik.

oh well, at least ginger finally got her moment with erik. i fucking died. "uhhhhh....you okay?"

14. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i was so depressed? is that the right emotion? i don't know anymore. i don't expect a lot from this show as much as i enjoy it. i expect to be entertained, for there to be some fucking, some blood, some unintentional comedy, some intentional comedy and to never see jessica naked. i got two of those the last episode, so that's something i guess. i feel like it is ambling towards the end and wasting time to get there. it has been a season of frenetic bursting energy, half cut off to get to the next ... dinner scene where we make sookie feel good about her bullshit again?

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

out of curiosity, has anyone read the books?

i'm wondering if this is meandering because the writers are in uncharted territory, or if the books ended on some ludicrous fuckery that the show couldn't follow.

16. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

i feel like nothing particularly exciting happened last episode. the highlight for me was ginger finally getting to sleep with eric. that was one of the most ingenious scenes in the entire series. besides that, there was nothing that made me have any kind of emotion (i have spent a lot of time yelling at the screen while watching this show. it's a thing i do with most tv shows.) the yakuza plot is not something i'm invested in and i feel like they just threw this adversary in at the last minute to create a final showdown that could have worked just as well with hep-v infected vampires.

i'm interested to see if things will end with sookie and bill or sookie and eric, but that's based mostly on joe manganiello's discussion of how alcide needed to die because sookie has to end up with either eric or bill. with bill pretty much dead, i think she'll end up with eric. at this point, i'm just watching because i've invested a lot of time in this series and i want to see how it ends.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

the books ended on some ludicrous shit, but it has way deviated from what is going on in the show. so the show will end in its own ludicrous way. i just feel bad for devout book readers who were totally ass-raped by harris's ending, and now they're getting eyeball fucked by alan ball's ending. i mean, even the twilight folks got some vindication.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

book readers also won't be pleased with quinn not being included on the show.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

series finale tonight.

20. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

i hope everyone's expectations are as low as mine.