Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by iczorro, May 5, 2013.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It almost seems like this is the last season, with all the shit that's happened in the last three episodes. My head is swimming. Warlow's a god guy, Andy loses three daughters, Jessica still shies away from nude scenes GODAMMIT, Terry...that was sad as shit too, and unnecessary. He was the wrong character to kill off.

...but Nora's death....FUCK. That was just goddamn madness. That was so repulsively gross and sad and the same time. They didn't romanticize it at all. AND close with my favourite Zeppelin song. I wont be able to listen to it without thinking of a beautiful girl gruesomely disintegrating from now on, thanks a lot.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nora's death was rough. And an interesting way for them to visualize a vampire dying as opposed to the blood explosions we see when they get shot or staked.

Speaking of that scene, this season is giving Skarsgard a chance to show some range. He's just killing it, and that scene was no exception. I'm excited that there are still 3 episodes left. It feels like we should be nearing the end, and we got plenty of time remaining.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Skaarsgard learned from the best, his dad is one of the most talented character actors walking the earth. And he has shined this season, he's either in full command or like last night completely emotionally vulnerable.

He'll be an a-lister sooner or later. He'll have to be. Have none of you recognized him as one of th"gasoline fight" models from Zoolander?

4. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Closing with that song was a very nice touch. Also, from what I've read long ago, it's very very rare to get Led Zeppelin to allow their songs to be used in anything. They must have liked the idea of how it was used or were paid an absurd, shit-load of dough. They've got plenty of money and, again, from what I've read in the past, it's usually a case where they just either like the people doing the work or the context it's being used. It was still probably a fuck load of money to use that song.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That last episode was virtually a Nothing Filler, but I really, really, really, really, REALLY like Violet the vampire. I sincerely hope they keep her around to at least make good on her promise to Jason. Me-fucking-OW.

Could anybody explain to me why every season has been 12 episodes and this one is ten? Lots of cable shows have been doing this lately.

6. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This one is just because Anna paquin got pregnant.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else think that AP is a little too skinny this season? I remember her being fit, but I always thought she had more of a body. Some reason the close-ups of her face are unsettling to me this season.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In season 4 she looked straight out of a death camp. Remember her "three way" in the dream with Bill and Erik? It was not pleasant.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except for her ass, which looked like someone had cut a basketball in half for each cheek. Her body was slammin for that. Maybe that was when Erik lost his memory. I dunno.

I'm looking forward to Eric gleefully raging through VampCamp.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was probably my favourite episode in the history of this show. Erik Northman for fucking president. The only way it would be perfect would be Jason killing that fucking bitch.

That Auschwitz doctor died every bit as horribly as we wanted him to.

Awesome, all the way.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So many underrated parts of this episode:

-Jason's reaction to the psychiatrist telling Erik that he fucked Pam

-Arlene telling Big John that his song was "the shit"

-Sam's fucking West Virginia sleeveless cutoff.

Did anyone else expect something to happen at the funeral? Knowing this show, I thought Terry was going to be conjured back up from the dead, or appear as a ghost or something.

Something felt vaguely sinister about Warlow as he was allowing Sookie to leave. I don't know what it is, but there was some tension. And I don't think there is any way that Skank Face Newlin survives the season. I think Jessica is going to end up killing her.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I know they have signed on for a seventh season. But I gave no idea where they can go with it from here. They are killing tons of people but it seems like all they can do is go back home and live life as usual. Unless they have Sarah Newlin continue on her crusade which seems rather pointless since she will go at it alone.

I enjoyed last night's episode because of all the vengeful carnage. I'm also sad that we probably won't get to see anymore not naked warewolf chicks.

13. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I really want to know what Warlow did with the Fairy Grandfather. I think that has to be a part of the remaining episodes. They originally showed Warlow sucking out his blood and spitting it in the bathtub, and I remember someone here said something to the effect of "I guess Warlow doesn't feed like a regular Vamp" after that, but we obviously know that's not the case anymore, since Sookie offers up her blood to him every chance she gets.

Warlow must have turned him, no? I don't see any other reason they would have shown that and nothing else (other than straight up fucking with us). Maybe as some back-up plan if Sookie said no to him, or just because he wants to start a fairy-vamp family?

I will say one thing for certain: I never thought I'd get to see some guy's dick get ripped off today. I wonder where Erik is going now that he can rip dicks off in the daylight... so many choices.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Warlow put him in that alternate dimension where he was previously captive for 20 years. That was when you first saw he had a Brit accent. He probably spit the blood out so he wouldn't get high considering how powerful Rutger is, he still feeds like a vampire. Or, he spit it out because he detests that he's a vampire and it's spite.

I'm only wondering where Erik was going at the end of the episode. What does he honestly have planned anymore? Skipping rocks down at the creek and reflecting?

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So, Erik's dead.

...kidding, of course. Even though there is no possible way he could have survived that predicament, they aren't going to kill off the reason the show still gets the ratings it does.

I'll say it again: Violet is awesome. Sexually sadistic, but awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome. Please keep her around.

The sudden turn of Warlow wasn't needed. They could have dragged him on another season, and I'm sorry....JASON killed him? He's almost twice the age of Russell, who could shackle other vampires in a millisecond and kill whoever he felt like. Plus, Warlow had Jesus Lasers as well. And he's defeated by a full nelson from Roy Batty.

Sam was behaving completely outside his character during the flash forward at the end. Didn't like it at all. This season sucked HUGE for my favourite character. He had a shitty story, a shitty romantic interest and basically did nothing.

I was cracking up the past few episodes at Alcide's ridiculous hair, thinking he looked like that popstar rapist from Showgirls and then he's crew-cutted five minutes later. Hilarious.

Final Score: Short, but great season. AND not a completely shitty finale. That's two for six (last year's finale was great too). I guess Bon Temps will be attacked by AIDS Vampires when we tune in again.

Speaking of Violet, was I the only one to catch this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I have to say I think the TB writers tapped out. The first time in 6 seasons they broke the timeline. Don't forget the first 6 seasons are ALL back to back to back. No "one month later" no "one week later" just boom, boom, boom, boom. Now they skip 6 months. I guess they realize they painted themselves in a corner. Now if Warlow didn't die, would they have stayed sun-able for the entire time? I thought that was weird. I guess the equation was Warlow blood plus God Bill blood = unlimited sun life. The entire time, I expected it to wear off.

Not sure I like everything, the whole vampire/human system is really interesting. I was thinking the god fearing black church preacher was about to say everyone should infect themselves with Hep V as protection, but I guess that went against his community speech. How are the infected vamps roaming around when what's her face couldn't even move after a day?

Oh wait, this is True Blood, nothing needs to make sense. I'm with Crown, I love Violet.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You DO remember Sookie being trapped in FaggotryLand for a solid year in episode 4-01, right?

18. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm assuming the reason they can wander around is that Nora got injected with a superdose of Hep V, whereas these other vamps have only been exposed to minute portions. Given that it's a made-up disease, that probably is a thing.

And really, no one is going to say it?

ERIC'S PENIS.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah it's about time we saw some Swedish meatballs, amirite?

Seriously how could Erik have gotten out of that predicament? I mean, we all know he did but HOW? Perhaps there was an Ikea on a nearby mountain to duck into.

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He burrowed into the earth, now he's trapped in the mountain only to be excavated by Pam, an act that triggers the Ragnarok. Stellan Skarsgard guest stars as Odin.