Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by iczorro, May 5, 2013.

1. Jason Mc

Jason Mc
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

But she could FEEL him in her mind. Unlike any other Fairy she's ever been around. That's just Fairy blood floating through his ancient Vampire veins. Seriously this is the only episode I have ever seen, caught it at a friends house last night. Credentials out of the way I'm in the Ben is Warlow camp.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did we see Warlowe (looking like Rob Zombie) pop out on the bridge before or after we met Ben?

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Before. He pops out of the portal before the opening credits of 6-02 while Sookie has a bad dream about it. And since they purposely don't let the viewers see his face....well.....what's my rule about that again? It usually means that a familiar character is playing him and they don't want us to "know" who he is yet.

There's probably just as much chance I'm wrong, this show has given red herrings before.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, if we hadn't seen Ben skipping about in the sunlight like a fairy (fae, whatever), I might be with you. As it is, he's definitely up to something, but I don't buy that he's Warlowe. Maybe he's Warlowe's Renfield.

5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, I'm not quite buying it yet but the arguments raised have been strong enough that I could easily see it.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

PREACH!

I could not agree with this more. Alcide was cool, and now they made him kind of a dick for reasons I can't understand. I get being all about the pack, but he shouldn't be a dick to the cops and buying all in to the weird redneck country vibe of werewolves for no reason.

Yeah, the whole "why can I feel you?" thing is interesting besides the fact he's not being honest about who attacked him. Don't think he's Warlowe's, could be a Warlowe minion. Also, could her cousin read her mind? Because she couldn't feel other faeries but she hasn't run into many hybrids right? So we'd have to compare this to other hybrids.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is no e in Warlow.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have another theory: what of Ben is one of Maab's cronies? Remember her? That Old ugly head fairy bitch from that Super Mario season four opening? The fairies in the club were her enemy. Maybe Handsome Ben Heartthrob led Warlow to Club Doosh to get rid of the competition.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well if you had a whole group of your peers kneeling before you and threesomes with awesome breasted hotties sanctioned by your fitness model looking smokeshow of a girlfriend, you'd probably buy into it a bit. I'm sure that's part of the psychology they are trying to project and why Alcide never wanted to be involved with or lead a pack before. It's pervasive and way to fall into. The scuffle with Sam was dumb and out of character, I agree. Though tearing apart those stupid hippies was amazing.

Now that is interesting. Probably too clever for this show (all the crazy and interesting plot twists seems to be out of nowhere), but more feasible than Warlow being that far out of character for a vampire. Russell Edgington was ancient and powerful but wasn't walking shamelessly in the sun and reading thoughts.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Holy shit, it's the corner store clerk from the show's very first scene! Anybody catch that?

Well, there ya go. Shit. Seriously, I was hoping for a bigger actor to turn out to be Warlow. Or at least keeping the Hellbilly Deluxe look. However, I give the actor credit for seeming like two entire different people after admitting to Rutger who he is.

Jason's dream was hilarious. They haven't had any laugh-out-loud shit on the show in a while, his face when he woke up was legendary.

Is it just me, or are the vampires getting downed by these jackbooted schmucks WAAAAAY to easy? Nora is over 600 years old, she didn't know the cops were 100 feet away? Then Pam gets caught because they were HIDING IN THE DARK, Gov's daughter, all going this Vampire Auschwitz... is it just me or does Gov's daughter look EXACTLY like the annoying vampire bitch from last season that never went away?

I think the whole thing with Jessica and Bill is this best thing this season, it goes from funny to fucked up so quickly with them every episode. They ended that scene perfectly.

One more thing: Fairies again. Sookie was a half breed, she grew normal. Andy's... in one week they grow from immaculate infants to to adorable tornado toddlers to possibly legally fuckable...and then stop? The biggest problem with this show is that if you think too hard you almost want to stop defending it.

11. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can't believe I'm defending the absurdity of this show as I enjoy it best when I don't think about it deeply at all. The only explanation I can think of for them growing so quickly is that Sookie seems to only be a very small amount of fairy where those quadruplets are full half breeds born to a full fairy mother.

12. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sookie is 1/4, not 1/2.

Ben being Warlow was an excellent twist, the actor's performance was even better, and Crown calling it trumped both.

Jason's dream/waking up scene is the hardest I've laughed out loud in a while. "Just do me like you do it to yourself" had me in tears. If I hadn't been sober I may well have woken up half of my neighbors.

With that said, it looks like they're in a bit of a rush to weave everything back together for a big endgame so they can get it done. It's hard to tell if they're doing that, or just a very good job of sudden character changes of character and keeping viewers guessing.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was an awesome twist. It was one thing to make him some sort of super vampire, but to make him Fairy as well? Crazy shit. I still don't know why that completely allows him to retain all of those powers, beyond the daylight, he's eating food and clearly can't drink blood. But its best not to overthink it. I'm hoping they reveal more.

Meanwhile, the werewolf story continues to be a bore and we've learned that Sam now has man boobs. I hope Andy's daughters are ok cause that scene was uncomfortably sad.

14. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You don't throw out a glass of top-shelf bourbon and move on to the next unless that fucker is empty. Fairy tweens are dead, sir.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This show doesn't stoop that low, at least with young characters you've gotten to know. They're alive, Billith will save them with his superblood.

I'm hoping now that Warlow is uncloseted he'll be a fun character. Let's face it, this is a tough act to follow:

#35 Crown Royal, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure. On one hand, it seems like, beyond feeling bad, it would be a significant plot twist for Bill's attempt at synthesizing fairy blood. On the other, you're kind of right, there seemed to be a look in Bill's eye like "Sigh, I guess I can fix this, let me think." Those girls got too interesting too fast. One or all of them have to bang Jason for the show to have continuity.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, they have to keep the adult fairy daughters 1-4 around. They have to get naked, and Jason has to fuck one of them, preferably all 4.

Crown, once again you're nailing it. First with the Warlow prediction, second with the not giving two shits about the werewolves being hicks with power they shouldn't have, and now with what's her face looking just like the bitch from last year.

Jessica trying to be all nice and sweet with the teen girls then slipping and being the ebil vampire she never wanted to be was golden. That's such a huge character development for her. The only thing that could make her better is if she was naked.

18. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm how about next episode is
    Warlow makes an agreement with Bill, makes it to Sookie in time to save her with his blood, thus making her also a fay vampire.

Whoever plays Sarah Newlin is an excellent actress. Not since Tory from BSG have I so badly wanted to see a female character die a slow and agonizing death.

Finally,
    Eric v. Pam. Place your bets. Godric-esque self-sacrifice? Pam swooning with obsession?

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Idk man, Eric has shown a pretty incredible knack for getting out of situations like that. And wasn't there a Bill vision in which he saw them all in a room (Jessica and Tara included) with light shining in?

Also, did anyone else briefly think the therapist was Kyle Gass from Tenacious D?

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, but he is Otis from Walking Dead. He always plays psychos because he has that horizontal nystagmus(his eyes shift side to side creeplily).