Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by iczorro, May 5, 2013.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New full length trailer is up, and it looks mighty good.

Did I see Rutger Hauer in there? Is Lothos coming to Bon Temps? The worlds of Sookie and Buffy colliding?

#1 iczorro, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show is my guilty pleasure, after the Girlfriend got me started. For me, the music, sex and violence keep me hooked. Not to mention Eric Northman is one of my favorite characters to watch.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Super excited for this show. It is definitely a guilty pleasure. Its one of those shows I love, but I don't try to argue people to watch it. You either like it or you don't. The trailer looks like they have an idea of what the fuck they're doing with everything so that is at least pretty cool. Still would be a failure if Jessica doesn't get naked.

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its gotta be in her contract that she doesn't have too, there have been way to many chances for her to show off the tits, I can dream though.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only guy that gets to see her naked is blind. Seriously, google it!!! Doesn't that piss you right the fuck off??!

Last season rocked and what they have done with Bill over the course of two seasons is incredible. That I did not see coming.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OF COURSE ITS PISSES ME OFF! IT IS THE MOST INFURIATING THING EVER. SERIOUSLY JUST GET NAKED PLZ!

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, she's a ginger. A stunning, hot ginger, but a ginger nonetheless. I think her character is a throwaway, especially now that Tara has been changed, there's nothing uniquely interesting about her anymore. She is fast approaching "only good for eye candy" status. I could do with seeing more of that British chick's rack, as well.

I explained this show to my Korean friend like this: stupid vampire stories, great music, Viking badass Eric and lots and lots of sex. I should turn that into a haiku.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fact she's a stunning hot ginger is what makes her special. I think her character now has history with a few of the characters so she still has purpose even though we don't see it yet. Especially since Bill has gone all bad ass, she has to have some purpose in bringing him back to earth. Holy shit this show has been on for 6 years.

9. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been looking forward to the new season so I went back and watched a few older episodes. Having not seen this show in over a year I was somewhat shocked. I had forgotten how over-the-top crazy the characters and events are, but I'm impressed at how they make it believable enough. Seriously...Hoyt's mom? Arlene? Fucking Lafayette? It must take a hell of a lot of confidence and ability to be in character for some of those scenes.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, I grew up in the deep South, and each of those characters resonates with people you'll meet in any small, Southern town if you stick around long enough. Those characters are concentrated versions of some well-established stereotypes. Events are crazy, but the characters (especially the human ones) are toned down.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/nerdist-podcast-joe-manganiello/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/nerdist- ... nganiello/</a>

Manganiello on the Nerdist Podcast. Funny dude. Amazing at impressions.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Joe Mangiello is always funny and friendly in every interview. He's more talented than people think, a classically trained actor typecasted in playing large goons usually.

This starts tonight, right? Looking forward.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay, killing Luna sucked. Has Sam not wiped enough shit off his head for ten lifetimes already? Being involved with that poor man in any way seems to be somewhat of a health hazard.

I had a feeling the "fast growth" would happen with Andy (they weren't going to have episode after episode of him stumbling with four infants) but that wake-up scene was still hilarious. Let's hope the kids are the ONLY other fucking fairies this season, but we all know they certainly won't be.

The best thing about the episode was Jason (who is still being a fuckwad) hitchhiking-- only to be picked up by John "The Hitcher" Ryder himself. They made Rutger Hauer out to be Macklyn Warlow? Nice. They MUST give him a character than can cut loose like Russell did, and he's even more older and powerful than Edgington. Looking forward to what they do there.

Bill: next time, summon Jessica to tear off all her clothes. Asshole. Jessica I think was the best character of the episode, I love how she kept her loyalty to Bill and threatened Sookie too. And too bad for how it worked out for Alcide. Rough life, huh?

Decent episode that was nearly completely void of laughs, but a "set up" obviously for what's to come.

[​IMG]

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not Marlowe, but Niall. That makes sense. Marlowe looked creepy as fuck on that bridge.

Interesting that they're bringing in another telepath/halfling. My guess is this Ben guy is taking the place of Barry the Bellboy in the books, who was always kind of a non-starter as a character.

Alcide as pack leader? Seems to be a bit of douche in that there bag.

Those human kids are gonna get gacked before the end of the season. Mark it. I'm all for civil rights and shit, but they're still gonna die.

The Bellefleur cousins have various shades of shit raining down on them, huh? Hopefully they stay funny.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The werewolf shit was gay from the start, now Alcide is acting this way worsens it even more.

The real Warlowe is awesome-looking. I hope he keeps that look.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really don't give a shit about what's going on this season, I'm just glad Eric is yelling awesome things again.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Warlow killed all those choreographed, flash-handed fags? Fucking-A. What a great way to dispose of something nobody liked in the first place.

Also, Bill is diabolical right now. I can't tell whether to root for him or not, but I still like what they're doing with him. Erik was just awesome as well, he's best when he's pissed and impatient. And Jessica-- again-- wins best costume.

Best episode yet this season.

I think Ben is Warlow. As soon as Rutger said "No ordinary vampire" it clicked. He's a fairy and couldn't find the fairy place? Bullshit. He survived a vampire attack? Bullshit.

18. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about walking in the light? They just showed (admittedly with interesting timing, given your theory and how something is clearly off about Ben) that even Bill can't handle sunlight. All the blood from those dead fairies would do the job, but we saw him with Sookie (unless they're deliberately mindfucking viewers on the timeline) before the attack.

Didn't they say that Warlowe was a direct progeny of Lilith? If so, that puts him on the same level as Bill which subterfuge or no might be a little much for one fairy queen/king to handle. I'm already taking it for granted that Rutger Hauer dies, it's just a curiosity of how.

19. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He can also read minds, which I thought was a fairy thing.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Maybe he isn't, but they're not revealing things about Ben for some reason. Remember how different Warlow already is: Sookie got inside his head last season, maybe he's some kind of fairy-vamp hybrid who lived in a time before vamps could be hurt by sunlight.