Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, May 29, 2012.

1. SamB

SamB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Is there any hope for this series left after last night's episode?

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What exactly did you find so calamitously wrong with last ep?

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The thing I DIDN'T LIKE is the Sam's hate group subplot was shit on by having the old Sherriff be the fucking ringleader (?!?!?). Yeah, E.B. from Deadwood as a mad-dog bad guy all of a sudden and his whale girlfriend were the "masters" behind all that? THAT was stupid.

Bill turing like that came as a true surprise. I mean, he can't stay a bad guy forever but seeing Erik asd the only hero in that whole situation is different, to say the least. I kind of like it.

The guy taking over for Erik in Shreveport looks like the biggest fag in the entire solar system. He looks like the fucking singer for Tokyo POlice Club. Why do half the vampires on this show dress like gay background extras from Dangerous Liaisons? I cannot wait for Erik to return to the bar and tear him in half. I already hate him more than any character on the show.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HELLO! Can we talk about Terry cap'n that dude in the face? That was fucking awesome.

Sam B, you're going to have to elaborate on that. A lot of people complain about True Blood, then I ask what they would have wanted and its some seriously cliche shit. Dying to know how bad this episode actually was.

I have to agree with Crown, which I hate doing, I like incorporating E.B. but he didn't have to be a pussy like he was on Deadwood. The fact he had some fat bitch behind him that had her boyfriend taken from a supe was too quick of a wash. Also, this website and movement HAD to have its dragon right in town? It was little of a let down.

Yeah, you're supposed to hate that little fucking new Sherriff so when he gets killed its more cathartic. If he was another badass, we wouldn't want him killed. So obviously they did what they were trying to do. I'm also wondering what the deal is with the hierarchy. Because it seems like a younger vampire with a title still beats an older vampire without one. Pam is a decently aged vampire, she should be able to have taken on that emo punk, but he just tossed her like she was a sack of peanuts.

5. SamB

SamB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The conclusion to the "Dragon" sub-plot was extremely random/poorly executed. The fairy thing with Sookie isn't interesting, killing off Stabler and having Russell relegated to adopting were-puppies is just anticlimactic. They haven't done a good job of providing mystique this season, and the conclusions to the plot lines feel like afterthoughts. I can't think of any long running mysteries that warrant fucks or speculation, and they've failed to flesh out the new characters (no memorable villains so far this season). Honestly, it just seems like the shows become a parody of a parody.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see what you're saying, but I also think the concept of having a "villian" over and over again every season, who has to get bigger and bigger is old in and of itself. I think all the smaller wars are more interesting than the one big huge war, which it'll eventually tie into. You had Terry vs. Ifrit, Alcide vs. Pack, Sookie/Jason vs. Parent Killing Vampire, Jason/Belflour vs. Supe-Hunters, Eric/Bill vs Lillith followers, now Eric vs Bill/Lillith Followers, Alcide vs. Russell, and NOW we have the Pam/Tara vs. new Vamp Sheriff. All under the major arc of Humans vs. Supernaturals.

It is kinda the problem Dexter has run into. How many bad ass serial killers can he go against season after season? Better to fragment the problems and see how everyone juggles everything.

Not sure what you mean by anti-climatic, because we're not at the climax yet. That was just episode 9, that's just the set-up for Alcide to go beserker and eventually claim his place as pack master. Taking the puppy is going to tie in Perfect Nips and Sam, which might pull in Jason and Belflour also. I mean not everything is going to be perfect, but I see how its setting up.

7. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Does anyone here not think that the "blood of lilith" is just some pristine faery blood that gets them dunk as all get out and perhaps Bill and Eric were less effected because they've been getting high it through sookie and the one Eric thankfully ate.

8. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Interesting point. I've been thinking what the "blood" has in it to make the vampires get high like that. I hope they explain this point in one of the episodes.

9. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a hunch that that is maybe what is planned as a "twist" for this season.

That and who the vampire that kills SOOkie!'s parents.

Other than that I expect the usual, Tara will annoy, Pam will be a bitch, Jason will put his dick in something, and Sam will get angry and shoot or beat someone.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been reading the books this last week (it took me 6 days to get through the first 5, they're fluff, but fun). Holy shit are they different. You can see the seeds of each one as the season progresses, but wow, have the showrunners gone in a new and fun direction. I can't help but picture the people we know as these characters even when their descriptions in the book are wildly different (Tara is supposed to be a minor character that's... if not white, maybe Latina, or very light skinned black).

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Of that I have no doubt. The ugly-hot vampire chick that annoys the fuck out of me obviously spiked it with something. We heard Roman saying earlier in the season that the blood in the vial was a scam.

I'm hoping Russell will soon turn back to his monstous ways soon that made us all love him. We saw a little of it when he grabbed Fuckhead McGee by the throat after kidnapping the little girl/wolf pup. That whole scene sets up a new Sam plot (getting Emma back) although Sam is awesome, what can he do against Russell?

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thing is, it's not gonna be just Sam and Luna. Were's and Vamps hate each other on principle, so it's gonna be every Were we know, (Alcide AND his former pack) plus shifters (Sam and whoever he knows), plus Sook, plus the Vamps that are loyal to Sook, if they're not trapped in The Authority.

I have the feeling that this one act of kidnapping puppy Emma is what is going to be Russel Edgington's ruin.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Aside from the silly scene of Erik and Nora yelling at ghosts, I really liked that episode. Ryan Kwanten (Jason) was excellent in his scenes. That was also one of Jessica's best episodes as well, I like how doubting she is of Bill and the other kooks (bible-thumping parents will do that).

And Russell once again donates one of the greatest scenes in the show's entire history. That was awesome. It was exactly was we were waiting for him to do, right down to what he said. The man knows how to bring the hammer down.

Tara scores serious brownie points for getting rid of Tim Burton quickly.

14. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think they made it a little too obvious that the big reveal is going to be
    lilith blood=super potent fairy blood. Between Russell's speech, Russell's conversation with Newlin, Sookie's story line, and Retard-Eric getting drunk off Claud-something last season it would be more surprising to find out that is isn't fairy blood. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Warlow had something to do with spiking the blood of Lilith in the first place

The lack of SookieBoobs this season is totally made up for with the amount of Lilith, Luna, and Salome boobs that we are getting this season (if only we could get more Jessica). Also, (sorry ladies), glad to see the titties:man-ass ratio go way up from last week to this week. I think Alcide's absence was much needed after the 7.5 minutes of screen time his ass got last week (seriously, 30 man-ass shots, and like one and a half side boob shots from she-wolf hottie).

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was the first story with Hoyt in it that I didn't hate and that I thought was well-acted.

I sincerely hope they don't kill Russell off, he's too damned entertaining to watch.

I was pretty happy with this episode, but I don't buy the obvious plot twist. Also, Jessica looked more like a teenage than a sultry vampire fuck queen and I hate that. Get back to Red Riding Jessica, not "I'm on my way to Limited Too" Jessica.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Eric would be played by Michael Cera before I ever uttered these words but:

Fuck yea, Tara. Get that shit.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That fairy elder was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on television.

Should be a good finale, though.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Erik is supposed to kill Russell, not the gang from Faggotry Gardens. I hope it doesn't turn out that way next week. He had better at least come back for Pam.

I didn't think they would take it as far as they have with Bill, but there ya go. Dude's lost his fucking onions completely. Decapitates Doctore (what did he kill him with?) and pimp-hands Jessica of all people. I thought he had more sense than this.

19. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

"When we die, we turn to goo?!?" from the baby vamp after Alcide killed one of them was my favourite line of the episode. The look on his face was just perfect.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm hoping this show is going to break away from tradition in the finale this weekend. And by that, I hope it won't suck. Every. Single. Finale. Sucked for this show so far. If anybody but Erik takes Russell out it will be beyond gay. And how are they going to snap Bill out of his hypnotized idiocy?

Alcide's story took an interesting turn the last couple times we've seen him, I'm curious to see what they do with his story.

Here's to hoping Russell kills EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FAIRY before opening credits. We can only hope and pray.