Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, May 29, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its obvious Pam is going to save her. Is it just me or has True Blood been 3/3 this season? I feel like they've nailed the pacing in this last episode, almost like an episode of The Wire. Whoever directed it has to get props. I feel like they got in a bunch of different story lines without crowding or being too quick on some. And there were boobs. The Jason development was interesting, not shocking, but interesting. I like what they're doing with Jessica, the Pam backstory is fucking killer, and the Bill and Eric show is fucking hilarious. That 10 second exchange in the elevator was worth the entire episode.

Can I mention how I'd burn all of you and your loved ones in a tire fire for Deborah Ann Woll? I can? Well yes, without hesitation.

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm gonna say it. Tara could actually be a cool character if Pam guides her into the land of badassery.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pam once again dominated that episode. She should honestly get her own spin-off after this is over.

This season is (so far) the best one. I like how there is no central plot (though Edgington's rise seems to be the focus) but several, most of them awesome from Terry's hunt to Pam's tutorials.

I do not care for The Fairy bullshit coming back, though. My eyes are still whirling from that fucked up season premiere last year. I have a bad feeling it's going to become the huge climactic denounement to this whole show, which would ruin it. The fairy shit SUCKS.

In short, another great episode. And Roman....FUCK that was the best fucking vampire kill (tied with Nann)....I hope he lasts pasts this season. He is awesome. I can't tell if he's the bad guy this season or Russell is. We need him to show up SOON.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with you in every point. Once Jason popped back in with the faeries, and they got into the Stackhouse's getting killed and it now being a secret, I groaned on the inside. Also the whole thing they were totally hidden, in another world, now they're opening nightclubs? WTF.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Awesome, yet again. So much awesome from beginning to end. This season's momentum has let up one bit. Pam owning Tara was orgasmic, as well as Russell's ending.

Jason seems to be maturing, I think for the first time in a while he's not acting like a total asshole.

Speaking of not acting like an asshole, Sookie was hilarious that episode. I fucking DIED when she threw up on Alcide right in front of Erik & Bill. That was GOLD.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've watched episodes 1-3 in an afternoon. Some thoughts:

Erik is rapidly becoming one of my favorite fictional characters. Viking vampire with utter coolness is a hell of a pitch, but damn if Skarsgard doesn't pull it off. I haven't seen him in any movies that look worth a shit, but between this and Generation Kill, he's definitely an actor that I'll follow.

I thought Luna's fight with Sam was a bit ridiculous and out of character. I hope the Hoyt subplot dissipates quickly, seeing this beefy redneck in eyeliner was ridiculous. Pam and Tara's relationship could redeem Tara as a compelling character, I just hope they take it in the direction that makes more sense: Tara restores some of Pam's humanity, bringing her closer to reconciliation with Erik.

Trivia:
    Anyone else recognize the little girl from Waterworld as the geeky chick who put the Istake(ugh) on Bill & Eric?

I love and hate this show, because for every part of it that's completely retarded , there are characters like Lafayette, Erik and Russell that are just damned fun to watch.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just watched episode 5. This season is killing it with the exception of the fairies, and the repetitiveness of Lafyette's shit. We get it, he's channeling Jesus's crazy witch doctor shit, and its not going away, push that shit into 2 episodes and give him something else to do in the mean time. He just completely stop giving about Tara these last two episodes. The Hoyt thing is pretty lame in general, but props to the actor for keeping a straight face during that shit, I know he wants to kill himself.

Also, that second piece of trivia that dirty just mentioned, 1) that's crazy and 2) you have to remember this is a campy show, they do that so people go "ugh, corny" I think its fucking hilarious. As late as it is, there IS an app for that.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tina Majorino. She's also the chick in last decade's most overrated movie, Napoleon Dynamite. The shy chick the retarded Mexican stole from Napoleon.

I don't know what Hoyt is trying to prove, really. Or why Jessica threw a hissy fit in the bathroom at the end. "Hey, that's my ex-boyfriend, the one with the best friend I fucked!! Hands off!!!"

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was also Veronica Mars' got to tech girl, and guested on a couple episodes of Bones. She's kinda awesome a lot of the time.

I think it was something to do with Hoyt having been drained too much, but it could just be girl shit. I've noticed that they can sometimes get upset when their friends fuck their exes, and they'd just finished talking about how feeding was even more awesome.

Can Lafayette get something to do? This Brujo shit is retarded (although his mom talking to Jesus' head was pretty funny).

Please, Alan Ball, do not kill off Luna. I have not seen enough of Janina Gavankar's sweet, nerdy, perfect brown tits.

That big fat dude that played Doug did a fucking awesome job of playing scared. "Holy shitcakes!"

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a lot to say about this ep, but I'm kinda drunk, and "Fuck Hoyt in the face" is all I can think right now. That, and I don't give a living fuck about Lafayette's storyline.

11. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I don't understand why they killed off the head of the authority so quickly. They've been talking about this guy for years and just like that he is gone? And in a way that makes him look incredibly inept. He should have known better than to let Russel have any hope of turning the tables on him so easily. Didn't even put up a fight. The authority is supposed to be this well oiled machine, and just like that it gets fucked. I would have rather seen some underling performing the deed, screwing up allowing Russell to escape, leading to the head of the authority leading a manhunt.

I too do not give two shits about Lafayette's story. Terry's story had me bored at first, but it has me interested now. I'm curious to see where it goes and, if it does, how it entangles with the others at the end.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who said he was dead? C'mon man, you've been watching the show. He didn't explode yet. If he was going to die, they would have shown him explode, and given Russell a one liner to close the episode.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus, I laughed my ass off at Erik piggybacking Bill when they were high off their ass at Mardi Gras. In fact, Erik made that whole episode. The plot certainly took a weird turn, I was expecting the battle of Vampire power to take place all season, and instead that epsidoe the entire show came to a head: it's all humans against all supernaturals. There's your REAL war. And lets hope every faggy fairy fruitcake gets annihilated in the crossfire FUCK I hate that plotline. STOP IT.

I hope they also get rid of the vampire chick (Griffith) that dug up Russell. I cannot stand looking at her, she's irritating and stupid-looking. I've hated her since I first saw her on screen.

Also, why are they trying to make Jessica into such a total asshole this season?

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah so they did kill Roman. Fuck my life. That sucks huge balls. I was hoping for an extended stay. I have to agree the all out war is a shitty story, the vampire conspiracy thing is a bigger shittier. The fact it came from within was fucking retarded. I wanted The Authority over here vs. Russell and Sanguinista's over there with Bill/Eric caught in the middle, used as pawns. Also, I think its pretty obvious Russell is bullshitting until he's 100% or that he doesn't fucking care as long as he can suck and fuck. Plus he does kinda owe the bitch that saved him just a little right?

15. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Russell's newfound conversion seemed very sarcastic to me, something the "true believers" were clearly oblivious too. Or maybe that's just Russell's personality.

Hoping Erik is smart and listens to Godric this time, other than that, the storylines are mostly boring me (excepting Sam's).

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Russell isn't religious any more than I am. He just found a foolproof way to have power AND destroy humans.

How has no one mentioned Steve Newlin? Every time he opens his mouth, I'm giggling. What a silly, crazy man.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing I don't get is the necessary to kill and drain these guys. There are a ton of humans that want to be fed on and no need to kill them. I get how killing fuckers is fun and all, but just collect your human slaves that want to be fed on and drink away. Without an issue. Eventually you're going to kill all the humans and have nothing to eat otherwise. Pretty simple argument.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This episode was by far the most disappointing, except for Eric's: "Never, you bible-banging cunt." I pray for the opportunity to use that line at Wal-Mart next week. The following subplots are starting to suck: Sookie (as usual), Hoyt, Lafayette (seriously, the pregnant bitch? REALLY), Alcide, and Jessica. This is the first time in this show's history that I was interested when Tara was on screen.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That episode was an improvement over last week. I like how they're making Erik the true "good guy" for this episode, but we all know Bill is playing the long con acting like a salty-dog bad dude. His flashbacks are always so such bummers, too.

Sam Trammell (Sam) is such an awesome actor. Even that weird, campy couch scene, he seemed like two entirely different people right down to the mannerisms. A great example of why he's my favourite character on the show (though Pam runs a close second).

Pam looked just SMOKING that episode, and she's moulding Tara so well I haven't had any issues with her this season. She's no longer whining and going off on crying/suicide jags, they're starting to make a good team and I like Tara's new wardrobe style. It's like she's an entirely different character (almost).

Hoyt got a little of himself back that episode, too. As well as Lafayette, they ended that stupid subplot in Mexico good and fast like we all wanted.

And Alcide's girl is brazenly sexy. Not a strong actress, but she sure as hell beats the Rumer Willis imposter with Downs Syndrome he was dating before.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For once I was kinda down on this episode. I don't like what the vampires are doing. I want Roman back. I wanted Alcide to kick more ass, regardless if the other guy was on V or not. I loved all the Sam scenes, that guy fucking hilled both his duties last night. The whole faery thing was a little off as that now the vampire who is not Bill, Eric or Russell can send messages back to her? Wtf? I'm hoping the payoff is huge.