Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, May 29, 2012.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Well, let me get this out of the way right now: Last season pretty much sucked until the last five minutes when every possible thing a fan of this show would want to happen....happened. Tara had her brains blown out, Erik and Bill (who has REALLY become an awesome character) have joined forces, and Russell Edgington returns. This season has Christopher Meloni in it, I have to say this is the most anticipated season yet for me. Hopefully it will live up to that this time. The trailer sure says so:

#1 Crown Royal, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The season will mean absolutely nothing until they find the right amount of money to throw at Deborah Ann Woll so she shows her tits. If not, this season will be a failure.

I'm kidding, partially...it looks great through. But seriously, Jessica's tits...we need them.

#2 Parker, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love when shit sneaks up on you. True Blood Season 5 starts tonight. Great scheduling HBO, great scheduling.

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am semi excited for the new season, but man, I am having a hard time remembering how last season ended even. Anybody want to give me a quick recap in a few sentences?

5. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Awful. Tara should have stayed dead. If no main characters can die then there is zero tension and nothing matters. I officially give up on this show.

6. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I haven't even watched it yet and I feel so vindicated for this post:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theidiotboard.com/viewtopic.php?p=154648#p154648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=154648#p154648</a>

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Why did I even open this thread? I'm a dumbass. No WAY can that CUNT still be alive. (Don't get me wrong, ladies, I mean that in the best way possible. I hate her character like I hate King Joffrey on G.O.T., who from all accounts, is the sweetest kid ever).

8. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I have always been an advocate for the Bill and Eric Show, I like the way this season is going so far.

Jessica is annoying the hell out of me. She's not a heartless bitch, so why is she fucking up Jason's life so much? And Jason, poor kid, I hate seeing him down and out because he is much less funny that way.

Now for my season prediction: Steve Newlin + Russell Edgington = true love and silly hijinks.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They seemed to try and pack too much into the first episode, but as long as their staying away from Season 4 goofiness, I'm fine with it.

Hopefully, Sam is going to have some good luck sooner or later. He's my favourite character on the show (because the actor that plays him is a genius) and the guy is just CONSTANTLY wiping shit off his head.

Andy's scene was just fucking hilarious, as was Pam wearing the bingo queen sweatsuit.

The ending of the episode was also good, even though (like ALL OF YOU) I didn't want it to happen.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Define goofiness, becaues this is a goofy show, its meant to be campy. This shit is not The Wire. I liked the episode alot. Let me be the first one to say "OMG JESSICA" that scene was a too understated with the party to figure out what Jessica is getting at, but if she actually is default queen, and they play up that part, its going to be awesome.

If Steve and Russel get scenes together it will be glorious. I love how this show hopped right back into the saddle. Eric and Bill will be awesome, Sookie now officially knowing she has powers, and "the naked werewolf chick that has long-hair covering her nipples who expertly talks so her hair doesn't uncover her nipples" was pretty tasty.

11. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one who really, really hated this episode?

I disliked Jason Stackhouse. He may have turned over a new leaf, but it was the most boring leaf on the yawn tree. Mooning around, hoping Jessica will want him again, trying to make Hoyt be his friend again...blergh. The only good interaction he had was with the newly-gay Rev. Newland, and the excellence of that scene came entirely from Rev. Newland. On that note, though: Steve is going to have the best one-liners this season. I'm calling it now.

Lafayette was blergh. I understand he's just lost Jesus and his cousin was just fatally(?) shot and turned vampire and he now has all of this Mexican chupacabra magic inside him. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Still--boring. Less pleading to God in your living room and taking strange milky baths at Sookie's house and more bitchfights with Alcide.

Sookie also sucked. She is the worst when she's burying bodies and cleaning up blood. Wah, wah, wah, gotta scrub my kitchen floor and buy a new shower curtain. Wah.

I didn't even like Jessica's storyline (although I will partially overlook that because she was BANGING in that sexy corset and cape). I was actually cringing throughout the entire Guitar Hero scene. She's the de facto Queen of Louisiana and she's....playing Guitar Hero with frat guys? Lamesauce.

And the worst part? Tara is a vampire. Dear God, please let her be a silent one.

Decent plotlines:
    -Terry and the mystery of the mysterious fires
    -Alcide/Luna/Sam and their dealings with the crazypants werewolves who DISEMBOWELED THEIR SON AND ATE HIS INTESTINES

Best plotline:
    -Bill/Eric/The Authority

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My pros and cons:

Pros:
    -2 hot new werewolves (naked chick and the one they talked to in the safehouse)
    -Nora is gorgeous. Total dime with that accent
    -Bill and Eric as a team, as mentioned, are awesome
    -Edginton is a fantastic villain
    -The season preview after the first season looked awesome

Cons:
    -Fucking Tara.
    -Steve Newlin seemed cheesy and almost too obnoxious
    -Holly still looking like she used to be made of stone on a cathedral somewhere
    -Lafayette beefing with one of the quality characters on the show
    -Oh yea, Tara being alive and somehow even more bitchy.

Also, maybe cause I've never lived in the South, but I've never been to any parties where girls all wear half shirts. FML

13. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

still disappointed that Benedict Cumberbatch isn't the authority. He'd be such a fucking awesome vampire.

Attached Files:

14. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now, more than ever, Tara needs a bit of sunshine in her life.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rats. I was hoping that Tara was some sort of destructive retard vampire from having her brains blown out. What was wqith the Toys R Us tantrum?

I always wanted to see how Pam met Erik. They've shown enough of Bill's story in past seasons, but THAT was the one I truly wanted to see. Hopefully there will be more of it.

Bill and Erik's storyline is great, and no doubt the central point of this season. I hope this gets going soon, I like Chris Meloni as The Guardian. Cool to see Peter Mensah (Doctore on Spartacus) as well.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The council itself is interesting. How much would it fucking suck to be a 12 year old kid vampire?

I'll admit I was a bit distracted watching the episode, but what was the Sanguinista movement they kept referring to?

Overall, I'm excited for this season. Seemingly great story lines. Bill and Eric; who sprung Edginton cause he certainly didn't do it himself. Terry's story is even intriguing

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in on this season as well, looks like Jessica is going to be default Queen of Lousiana, well I hope that's the case. I'm hoping her kicking everyone out meant that she was ready to get to business. Steve is fucking hilarious, super religious, fake friendly vampire = golden.

Chris Meloni killed it. I knew he was going to be perfect in the role from the crazy shit he pulled in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. That council was pretty sweet also. Something about that Peter Mensa character was awesome.

I don't know about you guys but I kinda nerd out on all the bible shit. Apocrapha, Dead Sea Scrolls, and what not. I popped a woody when they brought up Lilith. They can get into some serious shit with that, they're not given the show, but the fact they even touched on it was fucking sweet.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was the best episode of the season, and a great one. Pam's flashback was fucking AWESOME. I can see Erik and Bill were off to a bad start from the beginning, and Erik must have really loved Pam to save her like that.

Chris Meloni is awesome as Roman, but hiring reverend Steve as the new PR rep was stupid.

I still hate Tara, but he part where she was using her eyes the first time was really cool.

You have to admire Sam's strategy on not letting Sookie read his mind. "Look at her boobs! Look at her boobs! Look at her boobs!"

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm really excited to have them fleshing out Pam like this. She was always one of my favorite characters cause she was hilarious, but this is even better. I also always thought she was Nordic like Erik.

Also, more Biblical references with Salome. This show has really stepped up the writing this season already, its pretty intense.

Unfortunately, I think the flashback to Erik explaining to Pam what a sacred bond it is between a Vampire and their maker leads me to believe Pam will be saving Tara, though her fake baking to death would be delightful.

When she was seeing for the first time and it was all trippy, I commented to my roommate that this show really does make being a Vampire look AWESOME.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can explain how badly I hate Tara, every time she has a scene or someone mentions her I just want to shut the show off. No way am I going to be lucky enough to have her fry herself to death. Although I am rooting for it, I yelled at the tv when she hit the button.