Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood- Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, May 24, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So when we last left off, Sookie vanished off to 98 Degrees Videoland, Bill and Sophie were about to get in a Matrix fight, and it looks like a witch's coven is invading Bon Temps. Despite the finale being a letdown, I thought last year was the best season yet. On June 26 everyone's favourite guilty pleasure returns.

#1 Crown Royal, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having read the books, I'm excited to see what parts they take from it for this season. There is one development in particular that I really want to see, and according to a friend who follows the trailers closely, it might happen.

I'll spoiler the bit I'm excited about in case you don't want to know.

I'm excited to see if Eric loses his memory and the Eric/Sookie romance can begin. These sex scenes are some of the best from the books.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

There are a fucktonne of sources saying that's exactly what happens, which seems likely since the casting announcements show the witch coven roles which were tried to those events. Also, It's clearly the best arc from the books to go with for the current television show story progression. I'm just hoping that they introduce Quinn and do a good job of casting him. The character was supposedly loosely based on Vin Diesel when originally written.

4. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8 minute preview of the season opener is up on Megavideo. Definitely some huge changes from the books, though it does look like they're trying to keep the WARNING BOOK SPOILERS EVERYONE
    Fairy Civil War (I can't believe I typed that) in there.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If I have to hear one more fake poseur cop line from Jason I'm simply going to shoot myself in the fucking head. I loved the guy in season one and not keeping him stupid is a bad idea.

It looks as though Jesus and Alcide are regulars again this season. Maybe we'll get lucky and somebody will hoist Tara into a high-octane ceiling fan.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Episode 1

Okay, that episode was a fucking ACID TRIP. Lafayette is now gay Mr. T, Tara is an MMA dyke (with an insanely hot girlfriend), Bill is the King (it looks like he beat Queen Meh in their Crouching Tiger aerial fight), Andy is a dipshit again, Jason is a responsible cop, Erik is about to rape Sookie and it looks like Sam will eventually be banging Shiva from The League in horse-on-horse action. Did I leave out the fucking opening scene with Goblins shooting force bolts at each other on the Conan the Barbarian set before they killed awesome character actor Gary Cole off without even saying "hello?"

I just felt like my senses were assaulted and I don't know what to say. Pam is more awesome than ever, though. That scene with her and Jessica (who looks even hotter now if that's possible) in the bathroom was awesome, as was Erik and Bill's damage control montage. Good cliffhanger to end it.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

7. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

First episode reaction:

I may have been a few Jack and Cokes to the wind, but WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE FIRST 30 MINUTES OF THAT EPISODE!? Are the writers even trying anymore or are they content to blatantly rip off a popular children's book series? Did HBO seriously green light the use of such a low budget shitty set that looks like it was straight out of Xena: Warrior Princess? This is the same network that gave us Game of Thrones. I really expect better from them. That entire scene took me out of the story completely and was just fucking distracting.

Outside of the fairy nonsense and the entire gay Mr. T plot line, the rest of the episode was ok.

Also, it looks like we may finally see Jessica's tits this season. In fact, if they just went ahead and had 60 minutes of "Deborah Ann Woll Naked Time" every week instead of spending time airing crappy episodes, I'd be a happy camper.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It took a while to settle in, but this season looks interesting to say the least. Pam continues to be one of my favorite characters. Her dry sense of humor and delivery never fails to be entertaining.

It seems Bill is now banging the Trinity's crazy secret daughter from Dexter. Can't wait to see Sookie all catty and jealous.

Parts of this episode genuinely creeped me out. Between the tinkly piano music and the goblin fairies (well at least before the Mad Max and the Thunderdome scene change) and then that crazy shit with the witches, it was just bizarre and unsettling.

It never fails to amaze me what an unending supply of attractive women there are in hilljack middle of nowhere Bon Temps.

Also, when the rest of her upper body is so jacked, why does Tara still seem to have a bit of a Pooh belly?

9. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Pulled from a spoiler, but it doesn't really spoil anything, but I 100% fucking agree with you. This show sandwiched between Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, suddenly looked really shitty. I know it's supposed to be fun and campy. but you can pull that off without also looking cheap.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God Damn, Erik is a smooth mother fucker. Is there anyone left on the planet that doesn't prefer him to Bill's dumb ass? Erik should be the fucking face of Vampire-human relations, and Nan Flanigan is stupid if she doesn't see that.

11. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did this premiere last week in the U.S? I am finding episode two all over the place and thought it only started last night for everybody.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They made episode 2 available immediately on HBOGo after the airing of the season premiere. I think they are trying to really do a strong push for HBOGo. I am resisting and am going to do this the old fashioned way. And sadly enough, I don't even care enough after the premier that it really bothers and tempts me. I loved the first season, but have been less impressed as the seasons have gone on, and based on the premiere i can see this trend continuing.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I feel the exact polar opposite of this. The first season barely caught my attention, with its shitty villain and shitty romance (Pam and Erik were hardly in it). I felt the show has overwhelmingly improved with each season, last year easily being the best so far (until a disapointing final episode and a subplot involving unintimidating "werewolves" who were so pussified they literally got their asses kicked by girls). Probably the reason I didn't like the first season so much is because of the focus it puts on Sookie, who without a doubt is the most uninteresting, unfunny and tiresome character on the whole show (and still is).

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

See, I never really got the out-and-out hatred towards Bill. Sure, I like Erik better because his deadpan sarcasm bounces off his blatantly sadistic personality so well (he and Pam together are an utterly perfect team). Everyone calls Bill a "pussy" yet he's probably killed more people on screen than anybody else on the show. He also has shared in some of the show's most hysterically funny moments, like last year when Sam had the gay dream about him in episode 1. I fucking DIED.

15. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. Free streaming is awesome.

Regarding the premiere, overall good. The Lafayette/Jesus thing seems to be stalling, but based on the last season and a few other factors, I think it should pick up in the next episode or two. The Bill and Eric "Oh, my Sookie" thing is fucking annoying as usual. It's not that I hate Bill, but I was a big fan of Skarsgard's performance in Generation Kill, and although part of this is in the difference in Bill/Eric's characters, he has a much more commanding presence. Bill just comes across as a whiny idiot. He's like the Edward of True Blood, but with the balls to at least kill someone.

Oh, and Pam is awesome.

I AM expecting to see a fuckton of naked Anna Paquin this season, though.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'd rather...

[​IMG]

...about a billion times over.

...and over.

AND OVER. Hoyt should spend less times getting in domestics with her and more time kneeling on broken shards of glass while thanking God for such an incredible gift.

17. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could swear they showed her tits last season or the one before, when she first fucked Hoyt.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Nope. I..nay....WE all would remember an awesome thing such as that. Don't forget guys were howling on the board over just seeing her in her undies in season 2.

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I must be nuts, because although I can find no match on google, I swear I've seen those titties. And for fuck's sake, I would be one to remember any pair I see. Maybe it was just a tease view...either that, or the barrier between my conscious mind and my imagination has dissolved. Whatever, here's hoping it happens this season.

20. dtugg

dtugg
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

WTF. Is Bill Compton the new vampire king?