Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured Tara was suffering from severe retardation for not knowing how to get out of those knots. I gave props to Franklin for picking a victim too stupid to know the difference.

I think Andy covered for Jason because he didn't want him to have to live with the stigma of being a killer in such a small town, probably still coasting off of their buddy mentality holding over from attacking Mary Ann. Then it flipped around and people started hailing Andy as a hero, and suddenly Jason doesn't think he did him as much of a favor anymore. I thought it was really dirty of Jason to blackmail Andy when it seems like he was just trying to help him out.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that was an accidental piece of great writing for Jason there to nuance his character a bit. I think it was them sort of going to the other side of him being such a nice good guy who means no harm and likes women, but reminding us that he still has a little edge and bitterness from being that high school football super star that never went anywhere and wants to be something so badly he'll blackmailv a buddy to get there. If that was there intention, kudos for that.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

It's just jarring for me. In the hick towns I've been to, being the guy who killed a negro who was menacing a cop with a knife would make you almost as awesome as the guy who killed Hitler and banned gay marriage.

I'm also thinking of small town cops I know and how they'd react to being blackmailed by someone like Jason. I'd expect Jason to be under arrest for selling crack before the threat cleared his mouth, with an excellent chance of an accident while he was in custody. I know Andy is kind of an alcoholic pussy and Jason is his buddy - but he's still a small town cop, he just has to pretend that Jason is black for 5 minutes to remind him how the power dynamic really plays out when you're friends with a cop.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, Franklin is a whackjob. He was cracking me up all episode.

Eric was giving Talbot quite the eye. This show now has more gay relationships than The L Word.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Franklin is the cat's ass. He may be the funniest character yet on the show. I hope they don't kill him off this year.

So, Sookie used her Jesus Laser again. Are we going to find out about what the hell it is now?

Erik looks prime to kick ass after the incident with the crown. Since they didn't show the face of the cloaked guy in charge of his family's murder, it may NOT be the King. I'm guessing that it is and Erik now knows, but the "Not showing the face thing" often means they're trying to sidetrack the viewer. I guess we'll see.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tara: We need to talk.

Franklin: Don't say that. When you say that everything goes black and I wake up surrounded by body parts.

7. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes! The writers are vindicating my love for Franklin so well. I'm so glad they're putting the funny back in True Blood after the seriousness of last season.

Looks like Sookie has some telekinetic power as well, and Russell's reaction was priceless. That guy is already head and shoulders above Mary Ann for being a badass villain.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Franklin: “How about: 'I’m busy, bitch?' Bitch, bitch, too many bitches. In his other messages he calls you hooker. Hoo-kar, hookah"

or

Franklin: "Hey Tara, watch how fast I can type motherfucker. Hold on, I'll delete it so you can see it again."

He is hilarious. Loved James Frain in the Tudors, love him even more as Franklin. Lorena's line about nobody wanting Tara when Franklin got uber protective was pretty good too, funny and pretty much summed up my feelings on her annoying ass character.

Anyone else just not feeling Jason's new chick that much?

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Crown is dead on with this, what is the point of the cloak and spooky accent if it's just the king.

Also, the whole Andy and Jason thing. It was a lie that just ran out of control, getting bigger and bigger and more complex. If Andy just decided to tell the truth the result would be terrible.

I think Jason is being an asshole for not being grateful for what Andy has done so far! In response to Scootah it was just easier for Andy to take the fall than Jason. Also Jason probably didn't want to tell Tara he killed eggs. (I'm sure glad the bullet hole day dreams are gone)

Lastly what is the new piece of ass with Jason? I mean is she a fairy or something? Maybe she's just "married" and there is no supernatural explanation.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This last episode was fantastic. Eric is about to get all bad ass again. Sookie brought back a reason to care about her besides her hotness, and love the Jesus ray. Franklin is cool, too bad Tara sucks so it feels like a waste. I love how Jessica is like the evil angel. "Don't tip your waitress no matter what." She's so sweet, but at the same time is still going to be so evil. Jason's new bitch Crystal has to be some wood nymph or something. Dryad or maybe wood nymph.

Definitely need more Eric flashbacks. Bonus points if Godric is involved. Fuck you Alan Ball for killing off the most interesting character in the series so far after a few episodes.

11. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Or, the cloak and hood are the very reason Eric never knew until now who killed his father after discovering the crown in Russell's trophy room. I can see the natural inclination towards "trick" but in this case it would go more towards not giving Eric a 1000 year old general grudge vice him knowing exactly who it was that sent the werewolves after his pops.

And I'm all aboard the Franklin Train if he's able to keep up this level of crazy. "They wouldn't give me a turn!"...awesome.

12. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

If you recorded/torrented it - play it again and listen to the voice. It's clearly the same guy who plays the king speaking. The point of the cloak is that Eric never recognized him - even though they've both been badass vampires who've spent a fair chunk of the last thousand years in the same rough geographic area. Eric's just putting it together now.

Maybe it was a production fuck up - but as Jason picked her up and kissed her - the water in the background that had been still in the first part of the scene started rippling. I'm guessing some kind of nature spirit or fairy.

That said - Jason's flashback when he saw her drive past? I have no recollection of that scene in a previous episode. Did I miss it or WTF?

Franklin is fucking awesome.

13. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I remember correctly, he saw her when he was riding along with Andy Bellefleur and he chased (and caught) the meth dealer. Was it part of that scene?

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He saw her in a little stand of trees outside the redneck dealer's place right before he flying tackled that guy, yes.

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finally watched this. Snoop still has great lines.

"I got some real eggs for Tara to eat."
    "We''l do it in the daytime, Bill won't know a thing."

#95 iczorro, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Good points and let's expand on this a little with a few other things to remember. For one, Andy knew that Eggs was trying to turn himself in when Jason shot him. He was acting crazy, but he had admitted to killing all of the different people for Mary Ann and was telling Andy the knife was the murder weapon. Secondly, I'm not sure Jason meant to kill Eggs or just wound him. Add on top of that while most small southern towns are full of racist shitheads Andy and Jason aren't two of them. Jason especially knew how upset Tara was going to be about it. Finally, Andy is not a great cop to begin with and on top of that both of them were still freaked out from Bacchanalia and they just panicked and made up a story.

Now as somebody said it's a fantastic piece of writing for Jason to expand this into his struggling to deal with no longer being a big deal in the town and blackmailing a guy that just tried to help him out.

17. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My wife read the books and told me whats up with her. I wont ruin it for anybody, but if what she said was true... its borderline cool / lame. PM me if you want me to spoil it for you.

Edit: Yukon added what i'm talking about in spoiler text.

18. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fairies play a part in the storyline of the books, but not for her.

spoiler:If things follow along the books for this mysterious young lady, she's a were-panther. She's from just outside of Bon Temps from a little town called Hot-Shot where all the cousins are related.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good episode, but not very progressive. I'd like to see Franklin's reaction to THIS now that his head has been smashed into sandwich spread.

Jason's plot this season is stultifying. It's already lost my interest. On the other hand, Sam's plot just got a hell of a lot more interesting. His parents are pimping him off Michael Vick-style? Could be good.

Obviously Eric is playing everybody right now, it seems the main plot focus is on his revenge on pretty much everybody. It's a shame he didn't decapitate Sophie like he said he would, I would have enjoyed that. It's nice that the central story this season is the best and most exciting one, unlike last season with Mary-Ann which just seemed to never end.

At first I thought that maybe Talbot may have been the "hooded" vampire in order to throw a monkey wrench into the predictability machine for the sake of the viewers, but now I'm pretty much convinced it's the King after Talbot told he was turned 700 years ago, with Eric being over 1000. I'm hoping for a massacre, it looks like that's where it's heading.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His male seduction techniques and Lafayette's love scenes are getting a little tough to watch, it's the most gay stuff I have seen on HBO since "OZ."

I loved Eric just dominating the queen, it was excellent seeing her put in her place. I am still not totally sold on the King being the one who killed his parents, although the points made previously are completely valid. It just seems to easy for Trueblood.

I'm ready for Lorena to die, I can't stand her anymore. Have we ever heard mention of her maker before? I don't recall seeing it in a flashback either.