Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I used to be Team Eric. I haven't defected entirely, but Alcide's star is rising.

[​IMG]

Delicious.

I cannot wait to see how this V thing turns out. Bill tells the King, the King tells the Magistrate, the Magistrate tortures Pam, Pam and Eric finger Bill, and.......? It would be only too perfect if Bill tries to point the finger at Lorena, succeeds, and somehow rids the show of her tired and pathetic obsession with Beeel. Or, if Bill can somehow work a connection between the V at Fangtastia and the V supplied to the weres by the King? Oh, the possibilities.

And, while I normally do not give two shits about the previews for upcoming episodes, I saw a hooded figure at Sookie's house. If it is who I think it is, this season could get interesting real quick. Yay!

2. pants are sad

pants are sad
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He can't. That was Erik's fantasy sequence, which is funny because we usually only see humans having unwelcome vampire dreams (Sookie and Erik last season or the oh-so-creepy Sam and Bill earlier this season).

Anyways, I really like angry Bill over sappy Bill, even if it is just an act to save Sookie from the king.

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um, yeah he can. I have half a mind to red dot you for that one. Recently he's flown out of Lafayette's car, has flown from his titty bar to Sookie's house and flew to arrive at the queen's compound. Either pay attention or don't offer up your sage observations.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally forgot Eric's best line..."Lets go RuPaul."

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tara looks like she went to the Angela Basset School Of Scary-Looking Comic Hero Arms. Yeesh. Take it down a notch.

I didn't really like Pam that much until this season, now she's one of my favourites they better not get rid of her. Everything looks like it's coming to a head in the season, I wouldn't mind a mass slaughter like Spartacus (which is what they should have done at the religious compound in season 2).

By the way, THIS is Alcide's 9 foot tall knockout sister, played by Dawn Olivieri (apparently she was on that stupid fucking Heroes show):
    [​IMG]

6. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

No. Please don't do this. I already feel bad enough about watching this show. If people start talking about what "team" they're on a la Twilight, I will be forced to give up all pretensions about having superior taste in pop culture, with a side of alcoholism. Please, Pinkcup, don't do this to me.

7. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hate to break it to you, but that whole 'team' thing has been around a lot longer than Twilight, and happens any time there is a main character with more than one love interest.

Even so, how has anyone not mentioned Franklin? This vampire is crazy to the nth degree, and we still don't know exactly what the hell he's up to, what he's doing with the King, or why Talbot hates him. On top of that, he executed what I thought was one of the funniest moments of the season when he duct taped flowers to Tara's hands. That girl does pick them so well.

I know he'll probably die, but I want him to just cavort around the show in perpetuity being ridiculously crazy.

8. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Team Jennifer/Angelina, anyone? I'm not going to even go into the armbands that kicked off fashion warfare in Henry VIII's court--some were all Team Anne/"The Most Happy"/Vivat Regina and some were all Team Katherine/"Humble and Loyal"/massive crucifixes...way too much historical basis for the phenomenon to even dream of pinning it on that paper-turd 'Twilight'.

I didn't want to mention Franklin, Roxy darling, because I'm still reeling from the transformation he made between the previous episode and the most recent one. He went from sexy-Brit-that-gives-awesome-orgasms-and-stands-up-for-Tara to forced-glamoring-and-kidnapping-and-duct-tape. I did appreciate his insight, however--I've always wondered how captives use the potty when they're trussed up and it looks like he hit upon the answer.

My guesses for Franklin are:

--Hired by Russell in response to Lorena's request to locate/get info on Sookie
    --Bisexual (I just have a feeling......)
    --Has pissed off Talbot by blackmailing him, perhaps?

9. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That first bit confused me. Wasn't he in Bill's house, finding a folder that had a bunch of Sookie pictures in it? Does that mean Bill was actually staking out Sookie? Or were those Franklin's photos that he was looking at?

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was in Bill's house, and those were a bunch of hidden pictures of Sookie. King Russel has hinted pretty heavily that Bill had a nefarious purpose for being in Bon Temps, something he was doing at Queen Sophie Anne's behest. Meanwhile, I'm using words like nefarious and behest. Dammit.

I want to know what was making the weres all change like that. I hope it wasn't anything as simple as "The full moon".

Franklin seems to be a sort of Vampire P.I. It's no Hawaii, Ferraris and giant mustache, but I'd take it over being Magnum P.I.

11. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I must have missed this - Franklin found the folder you're talking about? When? I never saw a scene with a folder of pictures, that I can remember.

12. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He broke into Bills house and found the folder. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was hidden somewhere because he tore the place apart looking for it. He also found Jessica's dead body and took that. Remember when he came back to talk to Jessica and he had the dead guy's head? That was from when he broke in. When Jessica gets the chainsaw and comes back, I think you can see how the papers are all scattered around but she doesn't notice because she's going to get rid of the body (and then gets confused when it's already gone).

13. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It was answered above, but to add more details. It was in the first episode of the season and all you see are his boots and his hands looking through drawers at bills house. He finds a false bottom in one of the drawers and gets a folder with info on Sookie, a news paper clipping about her winning a spelling bee and some other random pictures.

Then later on in that episode (or next, cant remember) is when Franklin is at Merlots talking to Tara and it zooms in on his boots for you to make the connection.

14. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it had something to do with Cooter being a pack leader, and putting out a call to change. That's what it seemed like, anyway.

Well now that I've realized that those were Bill's pictures, this season just got more interesting for me. I hope this means they're going to finally explain Sookie's ability to shoot glowy stuff out of her hands.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now put the fact of Bill having all that information on Sookie, and this week learning he used to be a procurer. Bill is not the good boy sappy bitch we thought he was...

16. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

We already knew he used to be kind of an asshole. There was an extended flashback when Morena was introduced that showed how they used to shakedown/seduce humans or something until he got sick of her shit.

17. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Pretty sure the creepiest thing he had in that hidden drawer was a very extended family tree of the Stackhouses with Sookies name circled on it. (maybe it wasn't circled but i could have sworn it was)

and my favorite line that hasn't been mentioned from the last episode was sookies reaction to alcide explaining getting hurt as "getting kicked in the nutsack" and sookie sobbing saying "well i don't have a nutsack"

18. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I'm kind of deliberately holding off on reading the books until I either lose interest in the show/it stops production or it starts moving away from the books some more. But I'm a huge fan. Lafayette is a comedic gold mine.

I have a few quibbles with this season though. I don't get why Andy would risk falsifying evidence for Jason. Is the idea that Jason had a police handgun that Andy would be on the line for having given him - or is there some kind of weird louisiana law against killing black people now? (Or against using lethal force when you're not in immediate danger? I dunno). It seems to me like it should have been a reasonable act to shoot someone who was menacing a police officer with a big fucking knife. It would have been in Australia - he might have copped a gun charge and maybe been sentanced to think about what he'd done if those events had played out here.

Franklin did a piss poor job of tying up Tara. A mild seizure would have gotten the bitch out of that. Fucking weak. Dramatically diminishes his undead sociopath credibility. Ducttaping the flowers into her hands was a nice touch though.

I'm also kind of unsure about the werewolves that just look like a regular wolf thing. The transitions are kind of iffy and the glowing eyes are lame. At the very least - I think werewolves should be big fucking wolves.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I meant like now, currently. That he only is faking being a good guy. I just hope they don't pull the whole "He was evil, then faking good, but then he actually fell in love." Which would kill me.

And when it comes to the books, I've heard nothing but terrible things. All the characters you know and love aren't played up as much like Laf, season 1 Tara, and even Jason are barely main characters. I'm sticking to the show here, I've heard HBO has taken some barely above decent source material and made it into the show we have now.

20. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The books aren't good, but they're not terrible. If you need something to pass the time (like an airplane ride or something), you could do worse. They're pretty easy and quick reads. They get a bit romance-y in places but overall they're not horrible. I'm not saying the writing is excellent or anything, but if you like the show I don't think you'll hate the books.